Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2010, 03:38 PM

13,709 posts, read 21,935,779 times

Advertisements

... and every so often they go to the live "tower cam" atop CNN Center, pan the skyline and tell the world what a really nasty day the ATL is having -- streets flooded, trees down, flights at "the world's busiest airport" so backed up the entire eastern seaboard is in gridlock. Then some CNN producer or anchor normally based in New York is standing there, complaining to viewers how he only flew down for the day, to attend a meeting, but now may be stuck overnight because his flight out got canceled. "I thought this was Hotlanta!" he growled. "Looks like Manhattan in winter."

Seriously.

I sure hope some C-D haters were watching.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2010, 03:39 PM

196 posts, read 208,797 times
You're watching CNN? There's the problem right there!!

Old 11-30-2010, 04:25 PM

7,731 posts, read 14,372,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newsboy View Post
... and every so often they go to the live "tower cam" atop CNN Center, pan the skyline and tell the world what a really nasty day the ATL is having -- streets flooded, trees down, flights at "the world's busiest airport" so backed up the entire eastern seaboard is in gridlock. Then some CNN producer or anchor normally based in New York is standing there, complaining to viewers how he only flew down for the day, to attend a meeting, but now may be stuck overnight because his flight out got canceled. "I thought this was Hotlanta!" he growled. "Looks like Manhattan in winter."

Seriously.

I sure hope some C-D haters were watching.

LOL! We really are having some pretty rough weather. I can't even imagine what the airport must be like right now.

Old 11-30-2010, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slambango View Post
You're watching CNN? There's the problem right there!!
Well, it certainly beats Faux News, in my opinion. At least they aren't agenda-driven.

Old 11-30-2010, 04:52 PM

1,207 posts, read 2,814,062 times
Winter in Manhattan- snow, ice, freezing people wrapped up in puffy coats, hats, scarves, boots and gloves trying in vain to hail a taxi.

Oh, and tourists stopping in the middle of the sidewalks trying to unthaw their fingers so they can open up their maps. (They're the ones wearing windbreakers and capri pants and complaining that they aren't in Atlanta/Charlatte/Dallas......)

Old 11-30-2010, 05:16 PM

32,027 posts, read 36,808,281 times
Speaking of news, it seems to me some of the local stations use a montage of the Atlanta skyline that looks like it's from about 1982. The lower one looks like you can still see the Polaris lounge.

Maybe they have updated them and I just haven't noticed.

Old 11-30-2010, 07:27 PM

7,112 posts, read 10,137,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnatl View Post
Well, it certainly beats Faux News, in my opinion. At least they aren't agenda-driven.
Many would disagree with that.

Old 11-30-2010, 08:23 PM

106 posts, read 232,550 times
I've seen worse. This weather ain't too bad, good running weather, get out there and jog a couple miles, keeps ya nice and cool.

Old 11-30-2010, 09:36 PM

13,709 posts, read 21,935,779 times
^^^ I should have explained that what he meant by "Manhattan in Winter" was the shot of the downtown skyline completely enshrouded by clouds. You couldn't see the tops of the buildings, basically.

JOHN IS RIGHT ABOUT "FUAX NEWS" == I've been watching on and off all day to see what kind of spin they put on the Pentagon report that supports lifting "Don't Ask, Don't Tell." But except for a ticker here and there, they've ignored it. Agenda? You bet. Very little of what Fox passes off as "news" really is ... it's conservative talk radio on TV. And any real journalists knows this.

Old 11-30-2010, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newsboy View Post
^^^ I should have explained that what he meant by "Manhattan in Winter" was the shot of the downtown skyline completely enshrouded by clouds. You couldn't see the tops of the buildings, basically.

JOHN IS RIGHT ABOUT "FUAX NEWS" == I've been watching on and off all day to see what kind of spin they put on the Pentagon report that supports lifting "Don't Ask, Don't Tell." But except for a ticker here and there, they've ignored it. Agenda? You bet. Very little of what Fox passes off as "news" really is ... it's conservative talk radio on TV. And any real journalists knows this.

CNN reports the news. Faux pushes their agenda. It's really quite evident.

Now as far as local news goes, I don't put Fox 5 in the same category at all. But the network - no way. Rupert Murdoch is a slimeball with an agenda, imo. "Fair and balanced" my @ss.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: