Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2010, 08:54 PM

747 posts, read 1,543,807 times

Advertisements

Anyone remember the different Barbies?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2010, 12:17 AM

3,622 posts, read 5,812,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by koko339 View Post
Anyone remember the different Barbies?
Mmmm...nope! But I was never really into Barbies - I was a tomboy. (You are talking about the doll, right?)

Old 11-30-2010, 12:21 AM

Okay, I googled (http://www.hrmiller.com/atlanta-barbies.asp - broken link). What's up with the East Cobb Barbie?!

Edit: nope, that was the Carrolton Barbie I was reading. Serious "WTF" moment, there!

Old 11-30-2010, 12:42 AM

1,641 posts, read 2,752,078 times
I found this on GG. What about it. It's dumb and not that clever. It's really not even close to the fact.

Buckhead Barbie This princess Barbie is only sold at Phipps Plaza. She comes with an assortment of Kate Spade handbags, a Lexus SUV, a long-haired foreign lap-dog named Honey, and a cookie-cutter dream house with a water feature in front. Available with or without tummy tuck and face lift. Workaholic ex-husband Ken comes with a Porsche.

Chamblee Barbie This modern-day homemaker Barbie is available with Ford Windstar mini-van and matching gym suit. She gets lost easily and has no full-time occupation or secondary education. Traffic-jamming cell phone sold separately. Can swear in English, Spanish, Chinese, Korean or Vietnamese, but she's not sure which is which. Available at Target.

Hapeville Barbie This recently paroled Barbie comes with a 9mm handgun, bowie knife, a '78 El Camino with dark tinted windows, and a meth lab kit. This model is only available after dark and can only be bought with cash, preferably small bills, unless you are a cop, then we don't know what you are talking about.

Dunwoody Barbie This yuppie Barbie comes with your choice of BMW convertible or Hummer H2. Included are her own Starbucks cup, credit card set, and country club membership. Also available are Shallow Ken and Spanish-speaking Nanny. Dunwoody Barbie hasn't been affordable since the early 80's.

Jonesboro Barbie This pale model comes dressed in her own Wrangler jeans two sizes too small, a classic Metallica shirt,and Tweety Bird tattoo on her shoulder. Wants to major in NASCAR at Clayton State College. She has a six-pack of Coors Light and a Hank Williams, Jr. CD set. She can spit over 5 feet and kick mullet-haired Ken's ass when she is drunk. Purchase her pickup truck separately and get a confederate flag bumper sticker absolutely free. Available at Southlake Mall.

Conyers Barbie This tobacco chewing, brassy-haired Barbie has a pair of her own high-heeled sandals with one broken heel from the time she chased Beer-Gut Ken out of Jonesboro Barbie's (discontinued) house. Her ensemble includes low-rise acid-washed jeans, fake fingernails, strawberry lip gloss, and a see-through halter top. Comes with Barbie's dream double wide trailer. Available at Wal-Mart. Cheap.

Kennesaw Barbie This collagen-injected, rhinoplastic Barbie wears leopard print spandex and drinks cosmopolitans to new age music with friends at the lodge. Into crystals. Comes with Percocet prescription and botox. Also cheap.

College Park Barbie This Barbie now comes with a stroller and infant doll. Optional accessories include a G.E.D. and bus pass to Kennesaw State University. Gangsta Ken and his '79 Caddy were available, but are now very difficult to find since the addition of the infant doll.
Decatur Barbie This doll is made of actual tofu. She has long straight brown hair, archless feet, hairy armpits, no makeup, and Birkenstocks with white socks. She prefers that you call her "Willow." She does not want or need a Ken doll, but if you purchase two Decatur Barbies and the optional Subaru wagon, you get a rainbow flag sticker free.

Alpharetta Barbie Pregnant at purchase, Alpharetta Barbie drives a new Ford Excursion and is perfect in every way. We don't know who Ken is because he's always away hunting or in Japan on business. Alpharetta Barbie aspires to become Buckhead Barbie. Not cheap, but still very naive.
Smyrna Barbie Into football, animals and bonfires. 98% belong to a cult, 2% are freethinking and void of any "traditions." Does nothing but complain about Midtown Barbie/Ken.

Buford Barbie This Spanish-speaking-only Barbie comes with a 1984 Toyota with expired temporary plates and three babies in the back, without car seats. This is the only Barbie willing to do manual labor. Ken comes in a meat-packer's uniform and is missing three fingers on his left hand. Green cards are not yet available for Buford Barbie or Ken. Available only at Value City.

Midtown Barbie/Ken This versatile doll can be easily converted from Barbie to Ken by simply adding or subtracting the "snap-on" parts. Likes to "experiment." Doesn't understand why Smyrna Barbie complains so much.

Old 11-30-2010, 12:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plokivos View Post
I found this on GG. What about it. It's dumb and not that clever. It's really not even close to the fact.
Yeah, link was right in the post above yours.

It's fiction. I do NOT drive a minivan!!!!

edit: your info has the East Cobb Barbie listed on my link as "Chamblee??"

Not that it matters. I still don't drive a minivan.

Old 11-30-2010, 01:16 AM

106 posts, read 232,304 times
I remember those rookies. If I remember correctly, the girls got off light, and the guys got the 25 year sentence.

Old 11-30-2010, 01:35 AM

1,641 posts, read 2,752,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neemy View Post
Yeah, link was right in the post above yours.

It's fiction. I do NOT drive a minivan!!!!

edit: your info has the East Cobb Barbie listed on my link as "Chamblee??"

Not that it matters. I still don't drive a minivan.
LOL it's all right, except for East Cobb Barbie. Woman in East Cobb tend to get especially excited for "Balls" and "Dances" or "Christmas Parties", where they go buy a new outfit and new shoes.

And they don't drive mini-vans, they drive Lexus.

Old 11-30-2010, 02:40 PM

426 posts, read 2,321,742 times
Quote:
LOL it's all right, except for East Cobb Barbie. Woman in East Cobb tend to get especially excited for "Balls" and "Dances" or "Christmas Parties", where they go buy a new outfit and new shoes.

I think it really was referencing Chamblee Barbie. East Cobb doesn't have that kind of diversity, in comparison with Chamblee.

And funny post with all the different Barbies, made me cackle!

And who went to jail? The people who made up all those Metro Atlanta Barbies??

Old 11-30-2010, 03:59 PM

9 posts, read 17,756 times
To clear up the confusion, the Barbie Bandits were a completely different thing:
‘Barbie bandits’ sentenced for robbery - U.S. news - Crime & courts - msnbc.com

Old 11-30-2010, 04:04 PM

Quote:

Hey, now, I have never been to a "Ball". And I drive a Mazda.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta