Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2010, 09:05 AM

1,176 posts, read 2,687,939 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnatl View Post
Thanks!
I went to the Nascar HOF and it just doesn't give one the impression that this thing will work out.

I can see it making some $$ from Tourist when NASCAR races are occurring but even then it will be competing with other NASCAR activities. As far as the locals go, I can see a family visiting it once - but it does not have repeat quality to it, like the Georgia Aquarium. Plus, I do not think the population and the diversity of that population will support it in the longrun. It just seems like a loosing venue - regardless of the economy. I for one would not go back again. For what....this....

Current Special Exhibit:
"Jamie McMurray’s No. 1 Bass Pro Shops Chevrolet Impala, which he drove to victory in the 2010 Brickyard 400, and Kyle Busch’s No. 18 NASCAR.com RaceView Toyota Tundra from his unprecedented Bristol sweep. The history-making race cars are fresh from victory lane still sporting racetrack battle scars, celebratory burnout damage and debris, including rubber, grass, soda and champagne......"

A bit boring.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2010, 10:18 AM

644 posts, read 1,430,695 times
Living in Charlotte I never hear about any special events at the HoF. If this is suppose to be the top tourist destination in Charloote you would think more would be going on. Using the aquarium as a reference...they hold fundraisers, martini nights, host hs proms, etc always some sort of promotion there...notsomuch with the Nascar HOF. I would imagine better promotions/marketing may help....have yet to see a commercial while I see commercials and billboards for the aqaurium all up 85 from atl to raleigh even some in Myrtle Beach

Old 12-05-2010, 11:12 AM

9 posts, read 17,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajjam View Post
Living in Charlotte I never hear about any special events at the HoF. If this is suppose to be the top tourist destination in Charloote you would think more would be going on. Using the aquarium as a reference...they hold fundraisers, martini nights, host hs proms, etc always some sort of promotion there...notsomuch with the Nascar HOF. I would imagine better promotions/marketing may help....have yet to see a commercial while I see commercials and billboards for the aqaurium all up 85 from atl to raleigh even some in Myrtle Beach
Could you see a martini night/prom being held at the Nascar HOF?
The place is a joke, Nascar is a joke.

Old 12-05-2010, 11:34 AM

16,700 posts, read 29,521,595 times
I've said it before, and I'll say it again...

It is very possible that the NASCAR HoF would be in a different situation if it was built in Atlanta. Atlanta is the Capital of the American South. Atlanta seems to be doing a good job of adding attractions/museums that a true mega-regional capital should have--with success.

Old 12-05-2010, 11:43 AM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,387,152 times
We were going to drive over from Pinehurst just to see the HOF but at $20 a ticket we thought it was too much. Perhaps if they cut the price down to $10 they could fill up the place more often. Just like NASCAR it's self they are pricing out a lot of former fans.

Old 12-05-2010, 11:52 AM

859 posts, read 2,120,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aries4118 View Post
I've said it before, and I'll say it again...

It is very possible that the NASCAR HoF would be in a different situation if it was built in Atlanta. Atlanta is the Capital of the American South. Atlanta seems to be doing a good job of adding attractions/museums that a true mega-regional capital should have--with success.
I agree it probably would be a different story in Atlanta but honestly the NASCAR HOF belongs in Charlotte. It's sad that it's not doing well but with all due respect to Daytona Beach NASCAR is definitely centered in Charlotte with many of the driving teams and drivers themselves HQed and residing there.

Old 12-05-2010, 01:16 PM

3,128 posts, read 6,533,746 times
If they built the HOF in a circle and sold beer it would sell out like hotcakes!

Old 12-05-2010, 02:56 PM

644 posts, read 1,430,695 times
Could someone please explain to me what NASCAR having theirHQ in Charlotte has to do with anything. To me that's like saying McDonals should only be in Illinois since they are Hq there. Besides those aren't the people that will be attending the hof....aren't everyday regular pwope the ones who buy tickets....so it would make sense to be where a bigger target audience is which hands dowb is atlanta!!

Also @particle.....maybe if they had some sort of conference hall or something

Old 12-05-2010, 03:18 PM

8,180 posts, read 14,868,193 times
Ticket prices are too high, for one. And attendance projections were too high; I think it might draw more people if it were closer to Lowe's Motor Speedway.

Old 12-05-2010, 03:49 PM

8,180 posts, read 14,868,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brent6969 View Post
Poor little Charlotte...............They got what they deserved.
How exactly does Charlotte "deserve" this?

I'm really beginning to think you had some sort of extremely traumatic experience there that has caused to have an irrational hatred of the city.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta