Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2010, 03:24 PM

3,573 posts, read 5,309,880 times

Advertisements

Not true. Not even by a long shot. President Grover Cleveland in 1894 saw the biggest midterm losses in U.S. electoral history House-wise with 116 seats lost to the Republican Party.

But please, do continue. Don't let a little trifling inconvenience like the truth stand in the way of your Obama-bashing party.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suprascooby22 View Post
Sorry but what just happened on Nov 2, was one of the largest shakeups we have ever seen in ANY election. To deny that is laughable. Just do some research on the number of state house gains that the Republicans made this year. That is one huge gain that many seem to be overlooking. Especially the state legislature gains that the Republicans made in the South.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2010, 03:46 PM

Oh yeah. I support the heating subsidy. Just thought I try to stay on the original topic of this thread.

Old 12-10-2010, 04:01 PM

714 posts, read 813,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidSnake View Post
Not true. Not even by a long shot. President Grover Cleveland in 1894 saw the biggest midterm losses in U.S. electoral history House-wise with 116 seats lost to the Republican Party.

But please, do continue. Don't let a little trifling inconvenience like the truth stand in the way of your Obama-bashing party.
SuperS clearly said "one of the largest shake-ups", which is not the same as THE biggest, now is it?

Obama bashing is a national pastime for some of us. It will be so until he departs office in 2012/13.

Old 12-10-2010, 04:18 PM

You are right, of course. Unlike some on here I am a big enough man to admit when my statements have errors in them.

But my statement is still relevant in the sense that Obama's midterm losses would hardly be considered a "mauling" or "historic" when looking at the sum total electoral history of the United States.

Now will you ask the others to revisit their remarks on the Obama midterm election from that standpoint? I doubt you will. The Conservative viewpoint is sacrosanct here on city-data, apparently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigers84 View Post
SuperS clearly said "one of the largest shake-ups", which is not the same as THE biggest, now is it?

Obama bashing is a national pastime for some of us. It will be so until he departs office in 2012/13.

Old 12-11-2010, 12:36 AM

2,685 posts, read 6,423,704 times
Quote:

Some people really need to get a life. (Pathetic to have that as a pass time. It's really a fixation issue, more than anything else. You'll be ok, hopefully before 2012 ).

If not, some people have major issues. Some need to get out more, and hopefully get laid in the process (that may be the main issue..). That's beyond pathetic...

Back to the topic of people not having enough to cover their heating bills people.

Old 12-11-2010, 06:32 AM

714 posts, read 813,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterNY View Post
Some people really need to get a life. (Pathetic to have that as a pass time. It's really a fixation issue, more than anything else. You'll be ok, hopefully before 2012 ).

If not, some people have major issues. Some need to get out more, and hopefully get laid in the process (that may be the main issue..). That's beyond pathetic...

Back to the topic of people not having enough to cover their heating bills people.

Some people really do need to gain a better sense of humor and learn to recognize the use of irony or sarcasm. It so sad whem folks get all worked up because they take things at face value or too literally. I assume its because they are socially awkward/immature, but there may be other reasons. Whatever the case lets hope eventually they can move beyond their present stunted frame of mind and grasp a deeper understanding of the human condition.

Old 12-11-2010, 07:17 AM

2,685 posts, read 6,423,704 times
Quote:
Some people really do need to gain a better sense of humor and learn to recognize the use of irony or sarcasm. It so sad whem folks get all worked up because they take things at face value or too literally. I assume its because they are socially awkward/immature, but there may be other reasons. Whatever the case lets hope eventually they can move beyond their present stunted frame of mind and grasp a deeper understanding of the human condition.
I know you are, but what am I?

Emoticons help express sarcasm....they're your friends..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta