Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-11-2010, 05:38 PM

2 posts, read 5,492 times

Advertisements

I am a business student at Georgia Tech, so most of my classes are in the business school at Tech Square. A possible future roommate and I are looking at these two developments and were wondering if anyone had an opinion of them.

A 2/2 at Plaza is going to be a little less than Midcity, but do you think it would be worth it to buy at Midcity for a little more? Midcity is a little bit closer, so its location is preferred, but Plaza is not that much farther away at all.

Since Midtown is full of foreclosures and great prices, what would you do? If everything works out, my roommate and I would be splitting the cost to buy the condo. Our total budget before splitting the price would be nothing more than 300k, but around 200k would be preferred.

Any opinions/pictures are appreciated! Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2010, 07:49 AM

21,870 posts, read 15,086,067 times
What do you plan to do when you both graduate? Will you remain in Atlanta? Are you planning to sell or rent the unit after you graduate?

If you plan to sell, I think that 4 years (assuming that you are an undergraduate student) is too quick in this current real estate market to sell again.

If you plan to lease the unit, you need to check with each building and how many/what percentage of units may be leased at one time. Keep in mind if you lease the unit that your profits will be eaten up by the condo fees too.

Which building do you like better. They have a totally different feel to me.

Good luck!

Old 12-12-2010, 12:22 PM

2 posts, read 5,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by George Chong View Post
What do you plan to do when you both graduate? Will you remain in Atlanta? Are you planning to sell or rent the unit after you graduate?

If you plan to sell, I think that 4 years (assuming that you are an undergraduate student) is too quick in this current real estate market to sell again.

If you plan to lease the unit, you need to check with each building and how many/what percentage of units may be leased at one time. Keep in mind if you lease the unit that your profits will be eaten up by the condo fees too.

Which building do you like better. They have a totally different feel to me.

Good luck!

I am not sure what I will do after I graduate. If I do not stay here, I will go to New York City. But I don't think we would be in a hurry to sell right after I graduate. Although I do not think we would have a problem with selling it for around the same price we bout it. That would just mean we basically got a free place to live for 3 years (except for HOA fees, etc.) Housing at GaTech is so expensive, its not a huge deal if the market foes not go up a lot.

I have not toured either of the inside units, but I like how Midcity is Slightly closer, and I like how you have the possibility to get a two-story loft unit. However I do like how Plaza is newer and the units themselves are newer. It is less expensive, but a little bit farther away. I also don't know how easy it would be to sell since all the units in there are virtually the same looking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta