U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2010, 07:56 AM

1,299 posts, read 1,939,734 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta_Tider View Post
I bet if you goto Clayco, you will find a few people that hava a Kwanzaa tree up!
LOL

Old 12-17-2010, 07:58 AM

1,299 posts, read 1,939,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NationalistFighter View Post
You keep making the assumption that Anerica has to exist in the first place. The premise is false.
Please explain why.

Old 12-17-2010, 08:04 AM

56 posts, read 40,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suprascooby22 View Post
Please explain why.
The world would still be spinning. People would still be doing their thing with or without a "U.S.".

Old 12-17-2010, 08:11 AM

9,861 posts, read 11,412,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullbear View Post
FYI: Our founding fathers were not aryan.
Really? What were they? Were all of the contemporary paintings, woodcuts, etc. purposely falsified?

Old 12-17-2010, 08:25 AM

23,125 posts, read 35,981,224 times
Oh, man; 'tis the season...

Old 12-17-2010, 09:36 AM

479 posts, read 589,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy in Wyoming View Post
Really? What were they? Were all of the contemporary paintings, woodcuts, etc. purposely falsified?
Although Im no expert on such matters, my understanding is that aryan does not mean all whites. Aryan is a strain of white, primarily of Germanic descent. As is well known, our founding fathers were mostly from/of England/English background. But of course they were white.

Old 12-17-2010, 10:31 AM

9,861 posts, read 11,412,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullbear View Post
Although Im no expert on such matters, my understanding is that aryan does not mean all whites. Aryan is a strain of white, primarily of Germanic descent. As is well known, our founding fathers were mostly from/of England/English background. But of course they were white.
Aryan, like Fascism, is a word that is frequently misused. The following article is decent from a historical standpoint; but no one doubts that speakers of Ugro-Finnic languages (Hungarian, Finnish, Sami, and Estonian) are Aryans. Aryan is often equated with European White racially; but while Semites (Arabs and Jews) are not Aryan, Persians or Iranians are. The Aryan conquest of India created a mixed race; many Indians look very European.

Aryan race - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited by Happy in Wyoming; 12-17-2010 at 10:54 AM..

Old 12-17-2010, 11:46 AM

1,498 posts, read 2,657,190 times
And technically the English are a Germanic people. The Germans, English, Scandinavians, and Dutch are all Germanic.

Old 12-17-2010, 01:43 PM

2,206 posts, read 6,143,744 times
According to Wikipedia at Scottish American - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Nineteen of the fifty-six delegates who signed the Declaration of Independence came from Scotland or Ulster or, like the Scottish-tutored Thomas Jefferson, had ancestors there.

Scottish ancestry may be Indo-European (according to Happy's link, the Celts fit that group) but it's not Germanic.

Old 12-17-2010, 04:45 PM

25 posts, read 41,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BringBackCobain View Post
Most black people simply laugh at the question if you ask them if they celebrate Kwanzaa.
hahahaha, You're so clever. So when you asked was it a big laugh or a little giggly laugh? Sorry for interrupting. Carry on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BringBackCobain View Post
Oh and bizchick, I wonder how much you would be enjoying life right now if it weren't for those horrible white founding fathers. For starters, you wouldn't have been able to make your ridiculous comment on those evil founding fathers in the first place, because you wouldn't have had access to a computer, electricity, or even know how to read. Oh, and Atlanta? It wouldn't even be here in a U.S. with no railroads and no A/C, which is surely the result in a world where native americans or african slaves, and not those evil white bastards, were the founding fathers.
Cause if it wasn't for America there would be no computers, electricity, or reading.

In a bit of irony, one of Kurt Cobain's famous quotes is,“If you're a sexist, racist, homophobe, or basically an arsehole, don't buy this CD. I don't care if you like me, I hate you.” That's unfiltered Kurt for you. Vedder felt the same way (WMA for reference). Zero tolerance for posers.

I guess the tone of this thread from the beginning paved the way, but I admit I'm a bit blown away by the fact that with a few exceptions, most just watched with their hands in their pockets. I know I'm totally going to get major backlash for saying this, but... I've lived in New York, Boston, & Nor Cal and I can't imagine that this garbage would have continued unchecked for so long on any one of those cities' forums. I honestly expected the posters from this cosmopolitan city to be more... cosmopolitan. Google it. Nevermind, here's a link. You might look at the magazine and think being cosmopolitan is about how you dress and what you drink.

Cosmopolitan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainyRainyDay View Post
According to Wikipedia at Scottish American - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Nineteen of the fifty-six delegates who signed the Declaration of Independence came from Scotland or Ulster or, like the Scottish-tutored Thomas Jefferson, had ancestors there.

Scottish ancestry may be Indo-European (according to Happy's link, the Celts fit that group) but it's not Germanic.
Wow, that is so interesting. Next time the fam gets together I'll make sure to bring that up between the pints of Belhaven.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta