U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2010, 12:33 AM

2,112 posts, read 3,607,297 times

Advertisements

Dog advocates disagree about whether Vick would be a good owner *| ajc.com

Sorry, but he had his chance. People like him don't deserve a dog. And I cannot believe the lame excuses that Wayne Pacelle makes for that man. Unbelievable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2010, 06:31 AM

196 posts, read 167,836 times
I'm sure he'd make a fine dog owner. Most people can separate a business/hobby like dog fighting from the family pet. I'm sure he'd have the best cared-for dog in the state.

Old 12-16-2010, 06:45 AM

3,526 posts, read 4,357,143 times
Dude, are you serious? Someone please, take this thread down!

Quote:
Originally Posted by billl View Post
Dog advocates disagree about whether Vick would be a good owner *| ajc.com

Sorry, but he had his chance. People like him don't deserve a dog. And I cannot believe the lame excuses that Wayne Pacelle makes for that man. Unbelievable.

Last edited by AcidSnake; 12-16-2010 at 08:10 AM..

Old 12-16-2010, 08:25 AM

30,014 posts, read 27,490,855 times
It would be a good thing for him to have one. There's noting like a dog.

Old 12-16-2010, 08:53 AM

8,862 posts, read 15,142,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slambango View Post
I'm sure he'd make a fine dog owner. Most people can separate a business/hobby like dog fighting from the family pet. I'm sure he'd have the best cared-for dog in the state.

Old 12-16-2010, 09:46 AM

1,123 posts, read 5,890,977 times
I actually think this is a great idea. I never had a dog until 4 years ago and never really "got it"...why people were so attached to them, etc. It's not that I didn't like dogs, I was just indifferent. But since having my pup, even the mere mention of cruelty to them makes me almost weep. I think if he is able to really bond with a pup, that would be the ultimate punishment for him, as he will truly understand how evil his dog fighting organization was.

Old 12-16-2010, 10:10 AM

9,188 posts, read 30,655,092 times
There are a lot of people who have dogs who make some mistakes when they have their first one. Sometimes those mistakes are pretty bad like being ditsy enough to leave the door/gate open and let the dog escape and get run over by a car, even. But those are "DUH" mistakes that while bad, most people DO learn from. Having witnesses stand up in a courtroom and say they saw you hold dogs underwater to drown them? Um, no, that is not a "cultural mistake" or a result of the way you were brought up - that's just sick.

No, the guy should never be allowed to own a dog. He should be allowed to volunteer his time (at no charge) to animal shelters for as long as the cows are in the field if he wants to show some compassion for animals, but he shouldn't ever own a dog. My opinion.

Old 12-16-2010, 10:13 AM

1,299 posts, read 1,945,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atlantagreg30127 View Post
There are a lot of people who have dogs who make some mistakes when they have their first one. Sometimes those mistakes are pretty bad like being ditsy enough to leave the door/gate open and let the dog escape and get run over by a car, even. But those are "DUH" mistakes that while bad, most people DO learn from. Having witnesses stand up in a courtroom and say they saw you hold dogs underwater to drown them? Um, no, that is not a "cultural mistake" or a result of the way you were brought up - that's just sick.

No, the guy should never be allowed to own a dog. He should be allowed to volunteer his time (at no charge) to animal shelters for as long as the cows are in the field if he wants to show some compassion for animals, but he shouldn't ever own a dog. My opinion.
Couldnt agree more!

Old 12-16-2010, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidSnake View Post
Dude, are you serious? Someone please, take this thread down!
Real surprise coming from a Vick apologist!

Old 12-16-2010, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
It would be a good thing for him to have one. There's noting like a dog.
So would you support a convicted child molestor being around children after their release?? "It would be a good thing for him to be around kids. There's nothing like children" That is essentially what this logic equates too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta