U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 12-31-2010, 01:27 PM
 
2,599 posts, read 3,817,914 times
Reputation: 3018

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullbear View Post
Ah yes, diversity. Code word for anything non-white or of non-traditional american culture.

Diversity worship is nothing less than cheering the demise of the white/protestant culture on which this country was built.

Anyone who is NOT a straight white american male can represent diversity. And if diversity is good, then non-diversity is bad. Straight white dudes are the ONLY people who are NOT diverse, thus we are non-diverse and "bad". But of course we are supposed to cheer "diversity" otherwise we are racist, bigoted blah blah blah.

Meanwhile, anything and everything that is non-white (see above) is free to be celebrated as representing diversity and thus a "good" thing. Amazing. I think its time straight white dudes got off their arses and started clamoring for special treatment due to the inherent prejudice of society at large against them.
I think straight white dudes(and I say this as a straight white dude) need to get off their asses and stop whining about how they are being "discriminated" against. Stop screaming bloody murder about being persecuted when it isn't even happening.

And least of all, stop expecting the world to be handed to you or things to go exactly the way you want them to since you're white.

 
Old 12-31-2010, 01:31 PM
 
2,399 posts, read 3,644,125 times
Reputation: 1272
Quote:
Originally Posted by DTL3000 View Post
I think straight white dudes(and I say this as a straight white dude) need to get off their asses and stop whining about how they are being "discriminated" against. Stop screaming bloody murder about being persecuted when it isn't even happening.
They're not being discriminated against? Are you telling me that you haven't noticed affirmative action, minority-owned contract quotas, or the adds that encourage women and minorities (leaving out white men). Surely, you can't say that you haven't seen this institutionalized discrimination against white males.

Quote:
And least of all, stop expecting the world to be handed to you or things to go exactly the way you want them to since you're white.
No one is expecting anything to be handed to someone because they're white. They're expecting a level playing field, which it is not.
 
Old 12-31-2010, 01:32 PM
 
2,407 posts, read 2,744,997 times
Reputation: 907
F*** all the talk about diversity. Who cares? Enough already.
 
Old 12-31-2010, 01:38 PM
 
2,599 posts, read 3,817,914 times
Reputation: 3018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stars&StripesForever View Post
They're not being discriminated against? Are you telling me that you haven't noticed affirmative action, minority-owned contract quotas, or the adds that encourage women and minorities (leaving out white men). Surely, you can't say that you haven't seen this institutionalized discrimination against white males.



No one is expecting anything to be handed to someone because they're white. They're expecting a level playing field, which it is not.
It cuts both ways. Do you not think there is "institutionalized discrimination" against blacks or women still hanging on? Do I agree with all those things you mentioned? No. However, instead of whining about how "unfair" it is I do all I can to become the best candidate for a particular job or whatever. If I don't make the cut it's MY fault, no one elses.
 
Old 12-31-2010, 01:49 PM
 
29,939 posts, read 27,317,163 times
Reputation: 10705
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullbear View Post
Ah yes, diversity. Code word for anything non-white or of non-traditional american culture.

Diversity worship is nothing less than cheering the demise of the white/protestant culture on which this country was built.

Anyone who is NOT a straight white american male can represent diversity. And if diversity is good, then non-diversity is bad. Straight white dudes are the ONLY people who are NOT diverse, thus we are non-diverse and "bad". But of course we are supposed to cheer "diversity" otherwise we are racist, bigoted blah blah blah.

Meanwhile, anything and everything that is non-white (see above) is free to be celebrated as representing diversity and thus a "good" thing. Amazing. I think its time straight white dudes got off their arses and started clamoring for special treatment due to the inherent prejudice of society at large against them.
Oh, no need to get so hypersensitive. I didn't say or even remotely imply that there's anything whatsoever wrong with straight white dudes. My brother-in-law IS a straight white dude. He just had an extremely annoying neighbor who raced the engine on his motorcycle in the wee hours, kept his alarm clock on the side of the house farthest from his own bedroom but closest to my BIL's bedroom, and had a bunch of dogs that yapped all the time. And kids who pilfered stuff and left trash and beer cans laying around the hood. They also drove through his yard a couple of times when they were drunk.

That doesn't have jack to do with diversity. My point was that when a Mexican couple moved in, they didn't freak out about. They turned out to be good folks and good neighbors. To me that's progress. They've got a place going out there where people of all different persuasions (including straight white dudes) get along. To me that's also a positive thing.

It seems to me that straight white dudes are in pretty good shape overall. No, the world isn't perfect but we still have most of the money and power, at least in the USA.
 
Old 12-31-2010, 01:52 PM
 
2,399 posts, read 3,644,125 times
Reputation: 1272
Quote:
Originally Posted by DTL3000 View Post
It cuts both ways. Do you not think there is "institutionalized discrimination" against blacks or women still hanging on? Do I agree with all those things you mentioned? No. However, instead of whining about how "unfair" it is I do all I can to become the best candidate for a particular job or whatever. If I don't make the cut it's MY fault, no one elses.
No. I don't think that there is institutionalized discrimination going on against women and minorities, as it is illegal. However, it is legal against white males. The government will prosecute a company for discriminating against women and minorities, but the same is not the case for discrimination against white males.

Are there companies across the board that show favoritism? Sure. White companies may favor whites, whereas black companies may favor blacks, but a white company who states that they are looking for white males is ripe for a lawsuit, of which they'll likely lose, but the reverse may receive a lawsuit, but they're less apt to lose.

You see, the government has already made it apparent that blacks, and to a lesser extent, women, are in a protected class, but white men are not.
 
Old 12-31-2010, 01:53 PM
 
479 posts, read 589,172 times
Reputation: 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by DTL3000 View Post
It cuts both ways. Do you not think there is "institutionalized discrimination" against blacks or women still hanging on? Do I agree with all those things you mentioned? No. However, instead of whining about how "unfair" it is I do all I can to become the best candidate for a particular job or whatever. If I don't make the cut it's MY fault, no one elses.
No one is whining dude. That would be silly, and out of character.

All Im saying is dont expect me to cheer diversity when diversity is anti-white male. If you want to swallow that malarky go ahead, but I wont be.

And really guy, cant you tell a bit of whimsical irony? I would never expect special treatment or ask for affirmative action laws on my behalf. All I ask is that they not be applied to others, especially in today's "pro-diversity" environment.

And where did I claim or complain I couldnt make the cut? I have will and do make the cut (ie, Master's degree). Abso-freakin-lutley. So you really shouldnt assume things about others, it destroys any validity elsewhere in your argument.
 
Old 12-31-2010, 01:54 PM
 
2,399 posts, read 3,644,125 times
Reputation: 1272
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
Oh, no need to get so hypersensitive. I didn't say or even remotely imply that there's anything whatsoever wrong with straight white dudes. My brother-in-law IS a straight white dude. He just had an extremely annoying neighbor who raced the engine on his motorcycle in the wee hours, kept his alarm clock on the side of the house farthest from his own bedroom but closest to my BIL's bedroom, and had a bunch of dogs that yapped all the time. And kids who pilfered stuff and left trash and beer cans laying around the hood. They also drove through his yard a couple of times when they were drunk.

That doesn't have jack to do with diversity. My point was that when a Mexican couple moved in, they didn't freak out about. They turned out to be good folks and good neighbors. To me that's progress. They've got a place going out there where people of all different persuasions (including straight white dudes) get along. To me that's also a positive thing.

It seems to me that straight white dudes are in pretty good shape overall. No, the world isn't perfect but we still have most of the money and power, at least in the USA.
Diversity IS code word for anti-white, and more specifically anti-white heterosexual male. Anyone who's honest with themselves can admit to such.
 
Old 12-31-2010, 01:54 PM
 
1,498 posts, read 2,657,477 times
Reputation: 551
Quote:
Originally Posted by DTL3000 View Post
I think straight white dudes(and I say this as a straight white dude) need to get off their asses and stop whining about how they are being "discriminated" against. Stop screaming bloody murder about being persecuted when it isn't even happening.

And least of all, stop expecting the world to be handed to you or things to go exactly the way you want them to since you're white.
You're either lying about being white or you're a European (or your parents are European). Which is it? Because you're obviously not a white American, in the cultural sense. Such an off-base comment proves your lack of credibility. Very few whites in the U.S. expect things to be handed to them or things to go exactly the way they want because they are white.
 
Old 12-31-2010, 01:56 PM
 
479 posts, read 589,172 times
Reputation: 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by BringBackCobain View Post
You're either lying about being white or you're a European (or your parents are European). Which is it? Because you're obviously not a white American, in the cultural sense. Such an off-base comment proves your lack of credibility. Very few whites in the U.S. expect things to be handed to them or things to go exactly the way they want because they are white.


ABSOLUTELY CORRECT!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top