Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2011, 12:49 AM

5,185 posts, read 7,566,869 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiatldal View Post
Because they wanted to!
Mecca
Encyclopedia - Britannica Online Encyclopedia

You seem to be confused with this
Utopia
Encyclopedia - Britannica Online Encyclopedia+

And then the fact this thread is about stabbings but some how the thread turn into a decisions over blacks moving here can you not be any more racist and prejudice. Your not talking about criminals moving here your talking about blacks moving here. Sorry get off it.
You just made the connections for us.

What race am I?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2011, 12:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandIke27 View Post
HELLO !!!! Randy I was thinking the same thing. Its funny hohw they make this just a Atlanta thing..
There is a reason, the reasons are very clear. Its an Atlanta Thang for a reason. People want to see a change.

Old 01-03-2011, 01:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSQQST View Post
I have a better idea, sugar. Maybe you could invite me over to your house for a night of hide the sausage, dressed in your rubber Captain Atlanta outfit. We can later see if the curtains match the rug. Grrr...Woof Woof Woof!

//www.city-data.com/forum/16917249-post71.html

l love a man in uniform.
This post is a lil strange man. It pro homosexual & weird. You guys should take your beef to PMs.

Old 01-03-2011, 01:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankster87 View Post
Me and my friends went to the peach drop for New Year's and within minutes half of the people I came with wanted to get right back on marta and head back. The peach drop is supposed to be the biggest New Year's event in the south east and we get there to find out that 85% of the people in attendance are ghetto thugs. Sorry that just doesn't happen in other cities. Events like this are supposed to attract a diverse crowd, not just 1 demographic.

I live ITP and I love Atlanta but sorry I wont make excuses for something this unacceptable. Next year I will probably attend a countdown at some buckhead or virginia highland bar or maybe go to piedmont park and hopefully be able to bring in the New Year with civilized human beings.

I can just imagine what anyone visiting must have thought and seriously hope no one would take downtown as a representation of the whole city.
Ghetto thugs are encouraged to move to Atlanta everyday, every week, every month. Its even encouraged on this forum. Its weird how many low quality people move to Atlanta because they couldnt hack it in Alabama or New Orleans etc...I keep saying over & over it way too easy for thugs to blend in here in Atlanta. A purification most occur so we can easily identify these punks. Maybe even the Superfriends will irritated enough to encourage class amoung the thugs in their families that live here. Its worth a try.

Old 01-03-2011, 07:25 AM

4,586 posts, read 7,710,432 times
Going back on topic...

Young man was killed over the supposed theft of a cell phone

Family: Teen killed at MARTA station over cell phone *| ajc.com

Old 01-03-2011, 08:03 AM

32,025 posts, read 36,782,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PKCorey View Post
Going back on topic...

Young man was killed over the supposed theft of a cell phone

Family: Teen killed at MARTA station over cell phone *| ajc.com
The senseless death of that kid is awful.

What also gets lost in the story is the last couple of paragraphs. "There also was a stabbing before midnight at Underground Atlanta, where more than 100,000 people gathered for the Peach Drop festivities. A fight broke out, and the victim was stabbed in the back, police said. The victim was taken to a hospital in stable condition. Eight people were arrested in connection with the fight, police said....In addition, Atlanta police made five other arrests for fighting."

So I guess you've got at least 15 people involved in serious altercations.

I can already hear the same old excuses and justifications about "crime happens in every big city." But it didn't use to be that way. And it doesn't have to be that way now.

Old 01-03-2011, 08:08 AM
JPD

12,138 posts, read 18,295,927 times
So, did they catch this worthless piece of sh*t, or is he still on the loose?

Old 01-03-2011, 08:15 AM

8,862 posts, read 17,487,576 times
jmo, but 14 is too young to attend such an event.

His mother said he didn't tell her he was going and hadn't done anything like this before.

Old 01-03-2011, 08:25 AM

4,586 posts, read 7,710,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPD View Post
So, did they catch this worthless piece of sh*t, or is he still on the loose?
Still on the loose...

arjay, You mix liquor and crowds of people tight together and you have fights .

Guess, I'm surprised, they didn't do metal detectors in the area..

Old 01-03-2011, 08:37 AM

2,590 posts, read 4,531,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeAhike View Post
jmo, but 14 is too young to attend such an event.

His mother said he didn't tell her he was going and hadn't done anything like this before.
Maybe so but...

I vehemently disagree. This should be considered a family event, even though many folks ruin it by getting sloppy drunk. The NYC version is definitely a family event. Maybe they should ban alcohol at the Peach Drop from here on out. Why is it such a part of American culture to use any excuse to get blind drunk. I'm not teetotaler but is it all that necessary or appropriate?

So what if he didn't tell her he was going. He's not the first 14 year old kid to do something like this.

It really doesn't matter if he was 14 or 94 really. This shouldn't have happened, especially at this sort of event.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta