Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2011, 01:28 PM

4,843 posts, read 6,103,127 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyiMetro View Post
Cmon Mike why you take things so personal? Why do any of you people take things so personal. You all know what its REALLY about. Just like the Mods know what its really about. Whether its a crime thread, section 8 thread, event thread, death of Trooper thread. It goes back to one thing LOW QUALITY BLACK PEOPLE. Thats who many negative posters are angry at. People try so hard to sweep it under the rug. I am not. Ima keep talking about it until the demographics change. Until I see more morale, class & values from this certain group of humans, Ill mention why Atlanta sucks mainly because of them. Price em out, bring in more whites/asians/jews/whatever to delute their presence & my tune will change. If not Ill keep going cause I can.
I'm not angry at you I want to responed with logic and your the negative posters. ) Hell why did you even bring up the section 8 thread the OP didn’t even state his or her race? This what I’m talking, so you Begging the question then run with as a Talking point

Dude do you know this, Technically first by state since DC not.
Georgia second in nation for black-owned businesses *| ajc.com

metro Atlanta rate 3rd in African American Higher education student enrollment
Study: Atlanta a National Leader in Higher Education Growth

Sweep what under the ruge? your post have no logic, the majority of blacks in Atlanta as well as across the country ARE MIDDLE CLASS it's a dead argument. You and captin keep talking about the majority of black reloes are on welfare, or majority blacks comming are on welfare! well post the damn sources already Donut!!! I’m waiting. You and captin have a screw racist view of the world yall can't even logic, but rather make extream abstract hasty generzations that yall keep reinstating.

“Whether its a crime thread” regardless if most crimes that are commit, are by blacks most blacks are not committing crimes. Hasty generalization - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Quote:
Hasty generalization is also the basis for racist beliefs and prejudices - a person will infer an attribute to be common to all members of a group based on knowledge of only a small sample size of that group. For example, the belief that a given person who is Jewish will be a greedy and nit-picky, the belief because a person is black, (s)he will be loud, poor, and criminal, or the belief that because a person is white, (s)he is lazy, overweight, arrogant, lack style, and have unearned or unwarranted wealth. This includes positive racist ideologies as well, such as the belief that Asians are better off academically than other racial sectors
Here a great example of a hasty generalization 30,000 people majority black went to East point for section 8. A racist would say most blacks are on section 8, mean while there’s over 1,700,000 blacks in Metro Atlanta. That would be clearly a false statement and a pure fallacy.
--------------
In one thread you said, you dislike only ghetto blacks Americans, then you said, you keep running into ghetto blacks every time you go to the grocery store, and ghetto blacks are common. Which is a contradiction for you saying “only”. because that translate as saying it’s common that black Americans are ghetto. I you ask repeatedly, what is your definition of “ghetto” really? is it a criminal, or someone black who has rims on there car?

--------------------------------
The biggest problems Atlanta has is transportation, and we need to move are economy further away from the housing industry. Damn lets talk about that you know real stuff.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2011, 02:42 PM

16,701 posts, read 29,526,453 times
Transportation.

And to that poster--many, many commuter rail lines go beyond 60 miles. It is the relative norm for commuter rail lines.

Old 01-03-2011, 06:06 PM

876 posts, read 2,278,359 times
Future shortages of good drinking water come to mind for most of Georgia.

Old 01-03-2011, 07:58 PM

357 posts, read 783,479 times
thugs and nathan deal

Old 01-06-2011, 11:19 AM

1,241 posts, read 1,895,471 times
Atlanta. Atlanta blocks other people from progressive states with education and experience from running things. This is evident in a collapsing school district - clayton county, mismanagement of funds by Grady Hospital, people in high ranking positions which they discover are uneducated or lack of experience in their field. Hire the best people with the knowledge, education, and credentials to do the job........................................not just your family. This will help the city to reach it's potential.

Old 01-06-2011, 02:29 PM

1,666 posts, read 2,841,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DTL3000 View Post
According to you two numbnuts everyone who criticizes the city absolutely hates it. You actually have come pretty close to figuring out why I often post things critical of Atlanta. It doesn't live up to its potential in a lot of areas. It doesn't seem to learn from its mistakes.

What roll are you playing to help Atlanta reach its potential Or you putting in the work? Usually the ones who have alot too say are te ones that arent doing anything to help the situation.

Old 01-06-2011, 02:36 PM

1,666 posts, read 2,841,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyiMetro View Post
Cmon Mike why you take things so personal? Why do any of you people take things so personal. You all know what its REALLY about. Just like the Mods know what its really about. Whether its a crime thread, section 8 thread, event thread, death of Trooper thread. It goes back to one thing LOW QUALITY BLACK PEOPLE. Thats who many negative posters are angry at. People try so hard to sweep it under the rug. I am not. Ima keep talking about it until the demographics change. Until I see more morale, class & values from this certain group of humans, Ill mention why Atlanta sucks mainly because of them. Price em out, bring in more whites/asians/jews/whatever to delute their presence & my tune will change. If not Ill keep going cause I can.

Maybe because I am black and I love the city of Atlanta. WHy are you being so Nice nasty on this forum. Now lets have a conversation about LOW QUALITY whites they have done a excellent Job of covering up there mess but I see it all the time.. You have the right too say whatever you want on this forum. But one things for sure I bet you wont walk up to These so called Low quality blacks fueding this same mess your pouring out on the internet. We all know this site is a way for coward people to say what they want and not have to worry about any consequences. So go ahead honey talk ****,until the people change, I guess your going to be on city data till your 80 singing the same sad song waiting for a change..

Old 01-06-2011, 05:12 PM

31 posts, read 180,358 times
Crime! I was robbed at gunpoint going to buy something from Craigslist. It was an elaborate scheme of legitimate seller/bad guy working together.

Old 01-06-2011, 05:43 PM

8,862 posts, read 17,487,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hatgirl007 View Post
Atlanta. Atlanta blocks other people from progressive states with education and experience from running things. This is evident in a collapsing school district - clayton county, mismanagement of funds by Grady Hospital, people in high ranking positions which they discover are uneducated or lack of experience in their field. Hire the best people with the knowledge, education, and credentials to do the job........................................not just your family. This will help the city to reach it's potential.
Clayton county school district and Grady Hospital ---I guess I just don't understand your POV. There is so much more to Atlanta, so many people have relocated here from other parts of the US and world that I have trouble with your statements.

Several other school districts are having problems, too. I know one district is again in the process of searching for a new superintendent--qualified candidates from across the nation will be considered. It would be highly illegal to do otherwise. There were problems with the previous superintendent but that is a chance you take. With a significant number of major corporations located in this area I cannot believe they only hire locals.

There are also a number of universities---employing those with expertise from across the US and world.

Old 01-06-2011, 06:10 PM

7,112 posts, read 10,132,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OgleRay View Post
Thanks cwkimbro. Being new to the city, its just tough to look around and see so much crime, poverty, and environmental degradation. I feel like Atlanta has so much potential but needs so much more change. I really appreciate the suggestion and wont take it lightly
I'd say
#1 unemployment
#2 crime
#3 transportation

What poverty and what environmental degradation? If anything we have more of an obesity problem and the environment doesn't appear to me to be a major issue.

Education seems to be this lingering never ending problem that I have lived with for all of my life. The secret to 90% of education is for the student to be active and not passive. Yet people think we have to do more studies, have better facilities, and bring in new technology. In other words, darn it, we still aren't spending enough money! Better education will come if we have a better mindset about learning. Unfortunately, Sesame Street sent the wrong message that learning must always be entertaining.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta