Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2011, 12:50 PM

426 posts, read 2,322,205 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BringBackCobain View Post
South Forsyth has virtually no apartments, and while Johns Creek does not have as much as Alpharetta, they do have a few. Once those apartments get a decade or so on them, the schools could begin to change. This is especially important since it is a long-term investment.

Also, Johns Creek may be closer-in, but it does not have as good highway access as South Forsyth does (GA 400). South Forsyth is directly north, while Johns Creek is northeast. This makes it harder to get into town, since you either have to go west to 400 or east to 85, and then south, or south on 141, which has the traffic of 400 plus a bunch of stoplights.

Lastly, I have nothing against South Asians, but I don't think it would be a positive (from a resale/investment point of view) for one group to dominate a subdivision.
You forgot to add to the end of ur last sentence "unless that group is white".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2011, 01:53 PM

1,498 posts, read 3,107,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stvincent View Post
You forgot to add to the end of ur last sentence "unless that group is white".
No I didn't.

Old 01-07-2011, 07:53 AM

13 posts, read 23,383 times
I think both areas are fine, although property taxes will be a little cheaper in Forsyth county. May effect cash flow during your holding period. But otherwise I would focus more on finding a screaming deal and less on which municipality the home sits in.

Old 01-07-2011, 09:11 AM

14 posts, read 21,881 times
I would have to agree with the post above. You have an area in mind which fits your desires, so no point in suggesting other locations. I would look for properties in your top two or three locations.

To speculate on an area which will recover the best and hold the most value, is a job for professionals. If you look at the statistics many of the professionals are not very good at it. Many variables need to be factored in.

I would choose 3 areas, find all the deals in those areas and make offers contingent on the other offers not being accepted. Get a realtor who has experience with investing. This way you will get a house 10% below current market value, which is already extremely low and unlikely to return to this level. This will allow you to weather most storms ahead.

If you want more info pm me.

Old 01-07-2011, 06:51 PM

876 posts, read 2,278,359 times
1. Milton
2. Johns Creek
3. Alpharetta
4. Duluth (Gwinnett County)
5. S. Forsyth

I don't have a crystal ball, but for North Fulton areas, a bit over in Gwinnett and even Cumming area, I would rank the above as such. I think Milton is stronger than those of Gwinnett, but you did not initially ask about Milton which is probably the least developed of the above (some of Cumming is this way, too).

I think narrowing it down to 2-3 areas is definitely an excellent idea.

My understanding is about 80%-90% of Johns Creek itself is already developed, so unless a lot of old existing buildings or old houses with lots of land are torn down, I do not see lots of new apartments being built there any time soon, so with that in mind, Johns Creek may have the edge over the other areas. I don't think the same can be said for the other areas above.

The strongest public high school clusters matter as well but in the future, those rankings would change.

Old 01-08-2011, 10:55 AM

957 posts, read 3,356,970 times
SW, Milton is very interesting. I have never considered investing in that city before. Why is the median home prices so high in Milton. In 2009, the median home price there is $548,260, but the location is further up north of Alpharetta. Tell me more about Milton. I am specially looking for areas where the greatest amount of building, new construction and development is taking place in the next 5 - 10 years. I agree that Johns Creek is 85-90% built out so it appears to me the greatest opportunities lies north of Johns Creek and Alpharetta.

Here is my concern about investing in Johns Creek. I've noticed that certain elementary schools in Johns Creek has a student body of more than 60% Asians and less then 30% White students, but yet ranked to be in the top 1%. If the student body become 80% Asians in the next 5 - 10 years, in your opinion wouldn't it have a negative impact in the desirability of the school investing in a home that feeds into that school district in Johns Creek? I'm Asian American myself, and I love the company of Asians, but I am wondering from an investment standpoint, how white people would preceive buying a home in the future into an area where the schools would have a concentration of 80% asian students. Would that part of Johns Creek still be a desirable place for a wealthy white buyer to purchase a home?

Tell me more about the potential of Milton.. I am interested to hear more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SW30303 View Post
1. Milton
2. Johns Creek
3. Alpharetta
4. Duluth (Gwinnett County)
5. S. Forsyth

I don't have a crystal ball, but for North Fulton areas, a bit over in Gwinnett and even Cumming area, I would rank the above as such. I think Milton is stronger than those of Gwinnett, but you did not initially ask about Milton which is probably the least developed of the above (some of Cumming is this way, too).

I think narrowing it down to 2-3 areas is definitely an excellent idea.

My understanding is about 80%-90% of Johns Creek itself is already developed, so unless a lot of old existing buildings or old houses with lots of land are torn down, I do not see lots of new apartments being built there any time soon, so with that in mind, Johns Creek may have the edge over the other areas. I don't think the same can be said for the other areas above.

The strongest public high school clusters matter as well but in the future, those rankings would change.

Old 01-08-2011, 11:01 AM

1 posts, read 1,659 times
4 bedrooms flat for rent in [FONT=Arial][SIZE=4]3933 Gallaghers Circle Kelowna, canada [/SIZE][/FONT]
2 Fireplaces
Large, Private Back Yard
Designer Built in Cabinets
Wired for Surround Sound
2 Family Rooms
4 Bedrooms
Wine Fridge
Bar Fridge
2 Micorwaves
Indoor Pool, Tennis, Golf, Yoga, Pilates
Full description:
Spacious, Open, 2 level Family Home. Numerous features include wine fridge, 2nd microwave, bar fridge and extensive Built-In Cabinetry by Designer, Catherine O'Neill. Wired for Surround Sound throughout, 2 Fireplaces, 4 bedrooms, 2 Family rooms, Den and expansive, private backyard. This home has it all PLUS the Lifestyle, Natural surroundings, Solitude and friendships for which Gallagher's is famous.
Indoor Pool, Tennis Courts, Golf, Yoga, Pilates, Art, Ceramics, Bridge, Golf, Hiking, Skiing.
any intersted person contact me : [EMAIL="Mrs.roseedward@yahoo.com"]Mrs.roseedward@yahoo.com[/EMAIL]

Old 01-08-2011, 11:38 AM

528 posts, read 1,284,093 times
Default Mr. Panda- as a caucasian person, I would not want to buy in that school district with that amount of

Asians even now. I know that might sound terrible but I just wouldn't and I think that it would definitely have a negative impact, in my opinion. My best friend is married to an Indian man and I love him just the same but I don't think the value would go up there and in fact, my realtor (though they are not supposed to and shall remain nameless) kind of steered us away from Northview for that very reason. She didn't necessarily come out and tell me but when I asked about it, I could tell she was trying to tell me to stay out of that area and be more toward Johns Creek, Lambert or N. Gwinnett (Alpharetta is too far for commute but we would consider).

JMHO

But I also wonder why he is ranking S. Forsyth as # as that is the area we are concentrating on.

Old 01-08-2011, 11:42 AM

16,700 posts, read 29,521,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by livinginbuffalo View Post
Asians even now...

Why not?

Old 01-08-2011, 11:46 AM

528 posts, read 1,284,093 times
Default I just meant that the elementary school that Mr. Panda went to see- Shakerag had a

60% asian population and my daughter would be a minority and I wouldn't want that. I know they are very intelligent and hard working people but I would want the school to be more 50/50 than 70/30. I am just being honest and have no prejudices except that I don't want my daughter to be one of four white people in her whole class. I'm sure some will spin this as a prejudice remark but it's not more than the South Asians all wanting to live together in The Gates for example.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta