Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2012, 03:28 PM

22 posts, read 78,312 times

Advertisements

Can you get out of a contract with these people? I am completely freaked out now. I want to run and don't even care about the earnest money. Let me know your thoughts. I really appreciate it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2012, 03:33 PM

22 posts, read 78,312 times
Can you get out of a contract with these people? I am completely freaked out now. I want to run and don't even care about the earnest money. Let me know your thoughts. I really appreciate it.

Old 08-26-2012, 02:28 PM

6 posts, read 27,290 times
Default Owners for Wilson Parker - How to Confirm

Quote:
Originally Posted by md911 View Post
[/b]

Is it because of the quality?? If so, what homebuilder would you recommend to someone who is looking to purchase a home under 200k?
Is there a way to confirm who the owners are? They are not listed on the BBB website as of yet. I would like to confirm it another way if possible.

Old 02-11-2014, 05:18 AM

1 posts, read 1,145 times
We bought from Wilson Parker in August 2013. Other than the closing date being pushed back by over a month (which was not their fault that there was so much rain) the buying process was fairly smooth. Since moving in, we've had quite a bit of luck with the warranty department calling back fast, and having the repairs done in a timely manner, however, those issues were all minor. (All new homes have issues, no matter who you build with.) From day one, we have had a very bouncy floor in our kitchen (which I was told was normal) but it has gotten worse over the last six months. We have just noticed that the flooring in the master bedroom/bath seems to be warping a bit, so I will post another follow up regarding how these are handled by the company.
All of that being said, here is what you need to know. Wilson Parker sells homes that are huge square footage for the price. From what I have observed, they have different tiers of subdivisions. For example, the subdivision my husband and I moved into seems to be a middle tier, offering homes over 2300 square feet or greater. Down the road, there is a higher level tier subdivision that offers the larger plans of the homes offered in our subdivision. What makes them "higher" than ours is the lot sizes (8k sqft versus 43K sqft) and higher quality materials used in the homes for esthetics. I liken it to buying a baseline car versus a car with all of the possible options. My home may not look as fancy, or have as big of a yard, but I also paid over 100K less than the person in the other home. If you are looking for large square footage for a cheap price tag, be aware that you get what you pay for. Personally, I'm glad we found WP, because we actually needed a larger home, and they had the option to get one in a price range we could afford.
No matter whom you choose to build your home, please, please, please, hire a home inspector. I begged my husband to do so, and he refused because it was extra money. Now, he regrets it. No one is perfect, including the builder, the subcontractor, or the county inspector. It never hurts to have another pair of eyeballs looking, especially one who is biased for your side. I think our issue with floor deflection would not be as annoying if we'd hired one. But, that's our only regret about buying from Wilson Parker thus far, and that's our fault, not theirs.

Old 05-13-2014, 07:18 AM

1 posts, read 1,027 times
I am not really happy with quality of these homes, very cheap quality of builder, I paid good amount of the property I purchase not done the landscaping, call them various time no answer, they don't care, give out lots of falls excuses, I would recommend anyone not to buy property from this people. when I asked they do not have fund for landscaping, though they promise me to do it. If anyone is buying please do nto close until they fix all. I was given a dorm fridge, I refuse to take it, so they only gave me a credit of $350.00, who is giving a fridge of $350.00 cheap builder and cheap ower. I really wonder how they get license to build when they build such cheap homes. they try to cut cornersvery many ways and the cheap way was reducing shelf in the kitchen pantry and linen closet. I am still having problem in dealing with landscaping and my property line where the next lot is not being purchase due to high price and smaller lot, so all the dirt is coming into my property and spoiling all my grass. I showed them they don't care. I will take them to the court if they don't fix it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: