Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2011, 02:47 PM

13,976 posts, read 25,852,870 times

Advertisements

Has anybody gotten mail? I thought they were supposed to deliver today, but it didn't happen in my area. The AJC delivered though, both yesterday and today.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2011, 02:52 PM

4,586 posts, read 7,676,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie View Post
Has anybody gotten mail? I thought they were supposed to deliver today, but it didn't happen in my area. The AJC delivered though, both yesterday and today.
I received mail today. My neighbors as well...

Old 01-12-2011, 03:10 PM

2,642 posts, read 8,238,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt8325 View Post
Good grief, schools out again tomorrow. That's 4 straight days. I wonder when they'll make all of these days up ?
Depends on the school system. APS built 4 "gimme" days into the calendar so we won't have to make these up. I think they'll be open on Friday.

Let's just hope this doesn't happen again. We have 2.5 more months of cold winter ahead of us.

Old 01-12-2011, 03:21 PM

859 posts, read 2,114,050 times

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pg7Rtm4dSMY

Now all we need is a couple of hockey sticks and a puck.

Old 01-12-2011, 03:27 PM

8,469 posts, read 14,922,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainyRainyDay View Post
My spouse, a veteran Canadian winter driver, drove from our home in East Cobb/Roswell to the Sandy Springs MARTA station early this morning, en route to the airport. He reported by phone that the roads weren't good and what he couldn't believe was all the drivers in big pickups and SUVs barreling along as if it was summer. He commented that they presumably imagine that because they have a large vehicle they're immune to the possibility of spinning out.
That's exactly what I've been giggling about as entertainment the last few days.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXYPn-0DysY

Old 01-12-2011, 03:50 PM

2,206 posts, read 6,872,386 times
Quote:
Is that the North Springs station Rainy? Two people have told me the entrance ramp to that off of 400 is impassable. Not true?
True. That's why he had to go to Sandy Springs (the next station after North Springs, going south, near the Dunwoody/Sandy Springs exit from GA 400).

He sent us a cell phone picture of the car in the parkade, so we can find it. Teen daughter and I will drive down and retrieve it once the weather improves - hopefully this weekend. Ordinarily I would have dropped him off at North Springs, but with these road conditions, we decided it would be more prudent for him to just leave the car at the station until we could pick it up in better weather.

(He'll be gone for over two weeks, so we don't want to just leave the car there all that time. It's our best vehicle - the only one with ABS).

Old 01-12-2011, 04:18 PM

31,995 posts, read 36,572,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waronxmas View Post
That's exactly what I've been giggling about as entertainment the last few days.
I hope the guy in the ambulance wasn't in a hurry to get to the hospital.

Old 01-12-2011, 04:43 PM

2,390 posts, read 4,388,051 times
Well some people in the neighborhood finally got fed up with the fact that no one had come to clear the huge sheet of ice on the incline just to the south of our complex that held us hostage. Someone managed to contact an independent truck (no clue who) that came out and busted up the ice and put down salt. I was finally able to get out today for the first time since Sunday. The only thing that worries me now is the water from the snow melting today thats going to freeze AGAIN tonight since the low is supposed to be around 18 degrees.

Old 01-12-2011, 04:51 PM

2,206 posts, read 6,872,386 times
Quote:
No mail, nor AJC at our house. There's a fairly steep access road to our part of the subdivision, and it's icy. I suspect that's putting them off.

Old 01-12-2011, 05:11 PM

2,642 posts, read 8,238,638 times
I did see a couple mail trucks out in my neighborhood but we didn't get any mail. I imagine there's a bit of a backlog and some streets aren't accessible so the postal workers are trying to figure out on the spot what to do. I bet tomorrow is better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta