Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2013, 12:08 PM

2 posts, read 3,655 times

Advertisements

[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]I have often experienced tailgating by larger vehicles, even though I’m driving the speed limit. Sometimes it’s an SUV, but 90% of the time, it’s a pickup. I call it the pickup driver mentality. It’s a mindset that they alone appear to possess. I usually flick my tail lights or turn on my emergency flashers, although that’s usually ignored. After maybe half a minute, they usually decide I’m not going to move, and they go around. They often opt for revenge, however, by swerving into the other lane and then swerving back in front of me to teach me a “lesson,” so close I nearly get the front of my car taken off. [/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri]I live in Texas. I recently overheard a conversation between two males about driving on the freeway. They were apparently pickup drivers and were complaining about slower drivers not getting into the slow lane and out of their way. They referred to the occasional signs about slower traffic keeping right. Those signs are directed toward drivers who want to drive below the speed limit. There are a lot more signs out there stating the speed limit, which most of the tailgaters want to exceed. Why should I move over behind the 50 mph people just because they want to drive over the speed limit?[/FONT]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2015, 05:30 PM

1 posts, read 654 times
People that do tailgate are very mentally ill to begin with since they should Not be driving at all.

Old 11-08-2015, 05:42 PM

246 posts, read 316,139 times
Mercedes SUV and sports car drivers are the worst, in my experience. Second, anything with a BMW emblem. Sorry if you own such vehicles and you aren't an obnoxious, tailgating high-speed driver...this is my experience only.

Old 11-08-2015, 05:46 PM

6,610 posts, read 9,034,729 times
It's crazy to blame aggressive driving on owners of certain kinds of vehicles. I drive both a small car and a large pickup, so which would I be?

Aggressive drivers come in all shapes/sizes/ages/genders and drive all different kinds of cars/trucks. It's useless to try and make generalizations about them.

Old 11-08-2015, 06:04 PM

7,081 posts, read 8,944,937 times
It's like that everywhere, think about the types of people that gravitate toward these vehicles. These are typical examples from where I live.

SUVs:
Entitled, I'm better than you snotty mentality, think they shyt ice cream and you have a lot of nerve for being in their way. Severe narcissistic personality disorder. Women drive them with a phone grafted to the side of their face.

Pick em up trucks:
Hilltard rednecks, diminished intellect and mentally unbalanced, abuses alcohol possibly while driving and beats their wives, poor hygiene, chews tobacco, has multiple tattoos, loves NASCRAP and Toby Keith, lives in a trailer park. Those who use their pickup trucks because they are farmers the only exception.

I have never been tailgated by anyone driving a Ford Focus or Chevy Aveo.

Old 11-08-2015, 06:08 PM

2,167 posts, read 2,830,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsolutelyRight60 View Post
People that do tailgate are very mentally ill to begin with since they should Not be driving at all.
How in the heck do people stumble on these threads that haven't seen activity in 2.5 years and decide they need to get their 2 cents in with my first post on this forum ? Are you like Google searching for "atlanta tailgating SUV jackass bmw"? Is this just a way for scammers/spammed to get their post counts up to see more legitimate when they start trying to sell knockoff handbags and sunglasses?

Old 11-08-2015, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by woxyroxme View Post
It's like that everywhere, think about the types of people that gravitate toward these vehicles. These are typical examples from where I live.

SUVs:
Entitled, I'm better than you snotty mentality, think they shyt ice cream and you have a lot of nerve for being in their way. Severe narcissistic personality disorder. Women drive them with a phone grafted to the side of their face.

Pick em up trucks:
Hilltard rednecks, diminished intellect and mentally unbalanced, abuses alcohol possibly while driving and beats their wives, poor hygiene, chews tobacco, has multiple tattoos, loves NASCRAP and Toby Keith, lives in a trailer park. Those who use their pickup trucks because they are farmers the only exception.

I have never been tailgated by anyone driving a Ford Focus or Chevy Aveo.
I was wondering just how many ignorant stereotypes someone could squeeze into one post. I think we have a winner.

Old 11-08-2015, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by red92s View Post
How in the heck do people stumble on these threads that haven't seen activity in 2.5 years and decide they need to get their 2 cents in with my first post on this forum ? Are you like Google searching for "atlanta tailgating SUV jackass bmw"? Is this just a way for scammers/spammed to get their post counts up to see more legitimate when they start trying to sell knockoff handbags and sunglasses?
It's usually someone who has just joined city-data and doesn't know to check the date of the most recent post. I believe this fits the bill.

Old 11-08-2015, 07:15 PM

32,025 posts, read 36,782,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeTarheel View Post
It's crazy to blame aggressive driving on owners of certain kinds of vehicles. I drive both a small car and a large pickup, so which would I be?

Aggressive drivers come in all shapes/sizes/ages/genders and drive all different kinds of cars/trucks. It's useless to try and make generalizations about them.
You nailed it.

Old 11-09-2015, 12:08 AM

2,862 posts, read 3,821,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeTarheel View Post
I was wondering just how many ignorant stereotypes someone could squeeze into one post. I think we have a winner.
I think it's a you can't please everyone situation.

Start a topic that has already been discussed no matter how long ago, and someone will come in saying THIS HAS ALREADY BEEN DISCUSSED with an attitude.

Post to an old thread and you get a new crew complaining about the revival.

This is a message board. I don't think discouraging others from typing is helping anyone. What else are we supposed to do on here?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta