Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2011, 09:57 PM

13 posts, read 19,409 times

Advertisements

@kburn2001....thank you !! I know, because what i did was : I did a test, i sent my resume out to a couple of jobs and i wanted to see how long it would take for a job to contact me back,**if** a job would contact me back, and in about a week a legal asst. Position contacted me and wanted a interview from me. The position was paying $18 per hr. !!! =) so once again, it all depends..it can go either way, and your right it does depend on your experience,and what you have under your belt !! Im no dummy !! I know we are in a recession, but i also know that its better to have something under your belt vs. Nothing !!! Thanks for the positive words honey !! Either way, im still relocating. I have to follow ***my*** path and destiny, not others !! Do not miss understand me please, all of the input in useful, and i'm taking every single post into consideration, so please continue to spread any information that is helpful !! Im accepting the good,bad,and the ugly comments !! Thanks again !! =)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2011, 11:47 AM

65 posts, read 181,242 times
Just like many posts have said things could change between now and the time you're looking to move. Just make sure you do your homework before the big change (I have no doubt you will).

If I were to move to Atlanta I would choose the Norcross, Roswell, Kennesaw, basically most places in Cobb County, and I think Duluth would be fine too. I would avoid Clayton County (very run down and has higher crime than other areas, I know because my parents still live there), parts of Dekalb County, College Park, and parts of the western area of the outskirts (I think, but could be wrong). You will definitely enjoy it since it has a pretty awesome nightlife. When you do move be sure to check out meetup.com, it's the easiest way to meet people of similar interests to you. Remember that Atlanta is an urban sprawl, so it may take a little more time to have that group of friends to hang out with.

Good luck in the future!!

Old 01-30-2011, 02:08 AM

01-28-2011, 11:47 AM
[SIZE=5]foxxygrl82[/SIZE]
@Foxxygrl82- Thanks for the input, it is greatly appreciated. I will most def.continue to do my homework on relocating to Georgia. I must say this is a great website,and I really enjoy all of you guys input !! Once again thanks, Update : I will have to say approx. 60% of me is considering Duluth,GA. If anyone have any extra input it will be great !! =) Thanks to you all, and enjoy your weekend along with being safe !! =)

Old 01-30-2011, 04:52 PM

53 posts, read 158,458 times
Eastern Cobb County, southern end of Fayette Couny and southern end of Gwinnett County have great schools. Forsyth County is fine too though it is a bit far out. East Cobb and southern Gwinnett have alot of educated Asians and fair amounts of Europeans. Atlanta is a WINNER in EVERY WAY! Do not be discouraged if living here is your dream.

Old 02-01-2011, 12:16 AM

@AdelaidefromLondon - Thanks, your wise words are thankful !! =)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta