Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2012, 12:41 AM

9,067 posts, read 15,786,473 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnsleyPark View Post
Oh, for heavens' sakes. The dude was corrupt, abused the office, disgraced the city, lied to the voters, cheated the taxpayers, etc. God has nothing to do with it - obviously.
Yeh I gotta agree.Atlanta lost millions in his mismanagement and fraudulent activity deaking with mispending of federal funds earmarked for redevelopment of Vine City.

Quote:
In November 1994, the Atlanta Empowerment Zone was established, a 10-year, $250 million federal program to revitalize Atlanta's 34 poorest neighborhoods including the Bluff. Scathing reports from both the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development and the Georgia Department of Community Affairs revealed corruption, waste, bureaucratic incompetence, and specifically called out interference by mayor Campbell.
I have never heard of him apologizing to the people that supported him like myself.I wish him well as he has done his time but he did a lot to turn people who really need and should vote away fron a process that seems to benefit everyone instead of him and his cronies.

The he did a lot to hurt race relations also.He was just crooked and people still supported after overwhelming evidence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2012, 02:04 PM

10,743 posts, read 13,375,951 times
Sorry, but I don't wish him well at all. I hope he ventures somewhere else and fades into obscurity.

Old 10-31-2012, 04:07 PM

23,446 posts, read 44,050,291 times
Quote:
Sorry, but I don't wish him well at all. I hope he ventures somewhere else and fades into obscurity.
Same here. I hope his wife has escaped him and his chronic physical abuse, among other things.

Old 10-31-2012, 05:39 PM

3,573 posts, read 5,307,141 times
This whole thread and not one mention of Shirley Lasseter. Not even in passing. Are people really that pre-programmed in general? Has there even been at least 1 thread on her corruption on city-data Atlanta?

Or maybe someone like her just doesn't bring the sort of froth-laden madness that a Bill Campbell brings.

People are robots on here, I swear.

Old 10-31-2012, 09:51 PM

322 posts, read 465,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidSnake View Post
This whole thread and not one mention of Shirley Lasseter. Not even in passing. Are people really that pre-programmed in general? Has there even been at least 1 thread on her corruption on city-data Atlanta?

Or maybe someone like her just doesn't bring the sort of froth-laden madness that a Bill Campbell brings.

People are robots on here, I swear.
Hmm, on one hand, Mayor, City of Atlanta and on the other hand Commissioner, Gwinnett County. Who do you think is going to get more attention? Both corrupt, but I had already forgotten about old what's her name.

PS: Not that you don't have a point...

Old 11-01-2012, 06:50 AM

4,688 posts, read 8,017,508 times
I thought Christians were suppose to forgive

Old 11-01-2012, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Well I do consider myself an imperfect Christian.If he has truly changed then i do wish him well.He has kids and a wife that had nothing to do with it.They probably need his support and he did his time .If the purpose of prisons are to serve punishment and as they say "rehabilitate" then thats the system I accept as the law of the land. Ive moved on and as I was in my 20's then i have become more attentive as to who these politician really are versus who they portray themselves.

Old 11-01-2012, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinDecatur View Post
Same here. I hope his wife has escaped him and his chronic physical abuse, among other things.
I did not know about the physical abuse.

Old 11-01-2012, 08:23 PM

4,768 posts, read 5,436,068 times
He is Hiding like Shirley Franklin

Old 11-01-2012, 08:48 PM

3,573 posts, read 5,307,141 times
Bill has been gone since what, the year 2000? And people still talk about him?

Between the shady land deals that former Gwinnett Chairman Charles Bannister may have had going on and what had just taken place with Lasseter, you would think that people would put the two together and put together threads touting a cacophony of corruption going on in Gwinnett.

After all, folks have no problems crapping on Fulton County and Dekalb County's leadership every other day. But I keep forgetting where I'm living at.

Same ol' Georgia. This state never changes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NativeJr View Post
Hmm, on one hand, Mayor, City of Atlanta and on the other hand Commissioner, Gwinnett County. Who do you think is going to get more attention? Both corrupt, but I had already forgotten about old what's her name.

PS: Not that you don't have a point...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta