Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
2,500,000 members. Thank you!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2011, 09:53 AM

146 posts, read 264,229 times

Advertisements

Here is the link to all the stores in the Atlanta area. We would like to live as close to an HHgregg as possible. If we don't get our first choice, what 2 or 3 other hhgreggs would you live near and why?

No kids to worry about school. Safety is important.

Find the hhgregg retail store near you

If the link isn't allowed, here are the other cities Morrow, Lithonia, Fayetteville, Duluth, Kennesaw, Douglasville, Snellville, Alpahretta.

Thank you very much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2011, 10:19 AM

9,191 posts, read 33,728,474 times
Kennesaw is one of the safer suburbs in the immediate Atlanta area, so if you can work at the Kennesaw location that would be good. Note that traffic can be hairy around there though, so the closer the better. I have to be honest though, every time I've been in the HHgregg store up there I've never seen more than 4-5 customers in the place at any one time, so if you're looking at STABILITY, you might also want to investigate which location has the most customer traffic in it before making your decision.

Old 01-19-2011, 12:17 PM

17,385 posts, read 65,404,245 times
Alpharetta/Windward Pkwy.
It's the 'burbs- and everything else.
There are plenty of living choices and moderate choices in price points.

Old 01-19-2011, 02:16 PM

Thank you.

What would be the drive time say between hhgregg Alpharetta to hhgregg Smyrna? And hhgregg Kennesaw to hhgregg Smyrna?

I could look it up on mapquest, but I dont know if their drive times are accurate as Atlanta can be some long drive times am I right? It says around a half hour.

Old 01-19-2011, 02:26 PM

11,334 posts, read 25,941,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CABQ View Post
Here is the link to all the stores in the Atlanta area. We would like to live as close to an HHgregg as possible. If we don't get our first choice, what 2 or 3 other hhgreggs would you live near and why?
The Smyrna store is in a decent location, at least in terms of retail. There are a number of popular stores nearby along Cumberland Boulevard (Hwy 41) including a World Market and Best Buy almost next door (right across from Doc's Sports Bar). I'm not sure I would live in the immediate area , but you're within a short driving distance of several nice areas to the south, north, and west. Maybe east, too, I dunno...

That location is also just down the road from the Cumberland Mall, and just a mile or two away from Vinings which is a decent enough area. East Cobb isn't that far to the north, either.

Old 01-21-2011, 05:39 AM

Thank you rcsteiner for the retail information. It sure sounds like a good location.

Anyone know the drive time from Symrna hhgregg to Apharetta hhgregg or Smyrna to Kennesaw?

Thank you.

Old 01-21-2011, 09:55 AM

9,124 posts, read 36,233,381 times
As said already, I'd take Kennesaw and Alpharetta before Smyrna. The drive time between them would vary depending on time of day, but I'd say Smyrna to Kennesaw would be in the 30-45 minute range, Smyrna to Alpharetta more 45 minutes to an hour.

Old 01-21-2011, 10:03 AM

2,206 posts, read 6,859,448 times
Regarding the drive time question, if the underlying thought is that it may be reasonable to pick a place to live without needing to worry about exactly which of the locations you'll end up working at, don't do that. They are too far apart, considering Atlanta commuting conditions. I guess Smyrna-Kennesaw is not so bad, but if Alpharetta could be in the mix, then you really need to nail down the work location first. Commuting between Alpharetta and South or West Cobb would be painful.

Old 01-21-2011, 02:46 PM

I keep asking about drive times because in Symrna at 4000 King Springs Rd SE is the Self Realization Fellowship Temple. I am a member of SRF and would like to be within a reasonable distance. And wonder how long it would take to get to it at the aforementioned cities, living nearest to hhgregg.

Most trips to SRF would be evenings and on Sunday.

Old 06-01-2011, 07:44 AM

Default Drive times once again.

If husband were to work at Douglasville hhgregg, and I need to get to South Cobb Drive in Smyrna between Concord and East West connector, mapquest says between hhgregg and King Springs drive will be 28 minutes. Is that reasonable considering off hours/reverse commute on 20?

Where would you Most want to live? In between these two destinations? Little Springs, Austell, Mableton, Powder Springs or right in Smyrna or Douglassville?

Thank you for your help!

6967 Concourse Parkway
Douglasville, GA 30134

Last edited by CABQ; 06-01-2011 at 07:55 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta