Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2011, 04:08 PM

528 posts, read 1,283,521 times

Advertisements

Wondering if anyone knows (including Mr. Panda- I'm sure you know) what the initiation fee is into St. Marlo and what their annual dues are. Also, is the pool/tennis part of the neighborhood or part of the club which is then paid separately?

If anyone knows what Laurel Springs is, that would be helpful as well. Same question about the pool/tennis/

I talked to St. Ives this week and got their info. Just looking to see how it compares. Their pool/tennis is not in the neighborhood but is part of the country club so their dues do not cover the swim/tennis.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2011, 08:00 AM

957 posts, read 3,355,694 times
Buffalo,
St. Marlo just raised their Annual HOA from $2000/year to $2350/year. The $350 difference is the added service of trash pick up. What is the Annual HOA at St. Ives?

Old 01-30-2011, 08:16 AM

Default Is there any INITIATION fee into St. Marlo? St. Ives is

$2000 just to MOVE into the neighborhood. Their dues are $1600/year but that doesn't include swim/tennis like I said while I believe it does include that in both St. Marlo and Laurel Springs.

Old 01-30-2011, 08:37 AM

32,019 posts, read 36,763,165 times
livinginbuffalo, you are sure having a hard time finding that perfect spot. Everywhere you turn it looks like there is some downside or another.

Old 01-30-2011, 08:41 AM

Default Not true at all. THose are the three neighborhoods we are considering and

I am trying to find out how much the initiation and association fees are and what they cover. Not sure what your problem is but I don't have one.

Besides that, I am a 40 year old woman who has never moved away from home except four years at college a whopping hour away from my family so it's a big move for me and my family. I guess I can't ask any questions on here. I thought that was what this was for.

Old 01-30-2011, 08:56 AM

Heavens, I'm not being critical at all!

Old 01-30-2011, 11:37 AM

Default I apologize to you then Arjay. It seemed like you were being sarcastic.

I will be very excited to come down there and rid myself of our $16,000 per year real estate tax bill so anything, including the assessments and initiations, will beat that. It's just that we don't have a lot of HOA single family neighborhoods up here at ALL (in fact I can only think of one and it's the wealthiest neighborhood in the entire county) so it's quite different downt there and I just found out the other day about this initiation fee that I was unaware of. Just like to know the costs up front. I'm sitting here today looking out at two feet of snow and watching the neighbor boys ice skating on our backyard pond playing hockey and dreaming of the 60 degree weekend you are all having down there. Just looking forward to getting back down there to look at some houses next month with a more informed mind!

Old 01-30-2011, 01:50 PM

957 posts, read 3,355,694 times
Good luck to you Buffalo. Just remember that $16,000 a year tax will put you in a nice $2 million home in St. Marlo You know that i am biased when i say i like St. Marlo better than I like St Ives or Laurel Springs. Seriously weather sucks big time here in Chicago today. Did you know the weather was in the mid 60's today in Johns Creek?

I'm sure you will make the right decision whereever you end up.

Old 01-30-2011, 03:03 PM

No problem, livinginbuffalo. Welcome to Atlanta, and I hope you and your fairly have a great experience here. I suspect you will.

You're wise to do your homework. Finding the right spot in a city as big and sprawling as Atlanta can be intimidating. I've lived here for years and am often amazed that there are still huge areas that I know little about.

One of my children recently relocated to another city and it was a challenge! I think they eventually decided to just pick a place and give it a go. It's difficult to say how things will be until you've been somewhere for a while. We've been in the same place for 20 years now and there are still lots of new things to discover, and changes that we wouldn't have dreamed of not long ago.

Old 03-12-2011, 07:28 PM

40 posts, read 120,127 times
HOA dues are $2,350 per year in St. Marlo and yes it includes Swim/Tennis. Not sure about the initiation fee, but it's probably around $2K now. The annual dues also include 2 days per week garbage pickup. If the initiation fee and higher than average dues bother you, take a look at "Creekstone Estates", which is a little North of St. Marlo and has similar homes (w/larger lots), but no gates/security.

I live in St. Marlo if you have any specific questions.

Cheers!

Last edited by dkraut; 03-12-2011 at 08:31 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: