Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2011, 01:55 AM

85 posts, read 285,257 times

Advertisements

Hey!? I can't remember where I saw some properties that were 'up in the hills'. I had been shopping real estate (online) around Atlanta and came across some properties that had a [somewhat overlooking] city view from up in some hills. But I don't remember where it was. Anybody have a clue??

Thanx much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2011, 03:03 AM

9,124 posts, read 36,377,466 times
Close-in, there are some places in Vinings with some good city views.

Old 02-16-2011, 05:19 PM

Come on, somebody knows this one. After all, I'm talkin about a mountain here.... it'd be kinda hard to miss.

Could it have been Kennesaw (mountain)? Are there any houses near/around/on(?) Kennesaw mountain.

I remember (I think) somebody said something about the place I'm trying to remember here in the forum once... had said something to the effect of "must be windy way up there [in the hills] with the wind swirling around" ???

Minor clue: The house that I saw (with the city view) was around $485K.

Winning prize to the person who answers this post correctly: One very cool neighbor.

Old 02-16-2011, 05:27 PM

876 posts, read 2,278,167 times
Kennesaw area is rather hilly. So is Cobb county which is near by. This area is more northwest of the City of Atlanta. The rest of the area is rolling hills, so not sure what you mean, unless you mean Dahlonega or some place that is rather far out (North Georgia).

The price (485K) you mention does not really help much if it is in-town, but no mountain views there, except the Granite Rock, Stone Mountain, but I doubt you mean that.

Old 02-16-2011, 05:36 PM

2,590 posts, read 4,530,956 times
There aren't any places in the city where you can buy a house with "mountain-top views." The closest you'll get is maybe a condo in Vinings. All the mountains within view of the city don't allow houses. I bet that real estate company that advertised that also has ocean-front property for sale in Arizona.

Old 02-16-2011, 05:46 PM

3,913 posts, read 5,228,742 times
Default Foothills....maybe?

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnishere View Post
Hey!? I can't remember where I saw some properties that were 'up in the hills'. I had been shopping real estate (online) around Atlanta and came across some properties that had a [somewhat overlooking] city view from up in some hills. But I don't remember where it was. Anybody have a clue??

Thanx much.
Not sure where you got mountain views but, the highest point in this state is Brasstown Bald....4,784 ft....go North to 76, East if coming from the West, West if coming from the East (hey, it beats...."whatcha wanna dew iz go down this road a piece, look for the overgrown azalea bush...don't know why they don't trim that dang thang....take you a right, go down to where you see the ol' barn on the left.....ohhhhhhh, must be 5, 7, 10 miles or so")...look for the signs, putt up the hill, be amazed at how many people show up to take a look, start from there and work your way down.....

Now, hill top views? Might be something else. Try Kennesaw Mtn area, 1 or 2 spots in Cherokee County, and 2 neighborhoods in East Atlanta near Candler for some thrilling sites a mile or so away.....sorry, that's about it.....

However, if you do find yourself coming South on 66 out of NC towards Young Harris in the Winter, enjoy the view of the Mountains adorned with snow and ice....looks like something out of poem by an author I'll never get around to reading.....it's inspirational....and I'm basically uninspirable....

Good luck....

Old 02-16-2011, 05:57 PM

13,709 posts, read 21,918,229 times
The OP is not crazy. SWEAT MOUNTAIN in East Cobb is probably what he's thinking about. It is home to several developments with city views, and is surrounded by several other lower mountain ridges that offer similar views of ATL. This area of East Cobb is in fact called MOUNTAIN VIEW.

Sweat Mountain - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 02-16-2011, 08:29 PM

Default Newsboy for President!!!

THAT'S IT! (i think... i'm pretty sure?) THAT'S IT. When I looked up Sweat Mountain, one of the first properties that I found was on Summitop Rd. And that kind of rings a bell. I'm pretty sure that was the name of the road where that property I saw was located. Sounds pretty familiar anyway... and that was over a year ago!

Newsboy for President 2016! (sorry, can't be 2012, dude deserves another 4 years to get things in order).

Thanx much all.

cliffhanger.... curious about the view: Here's the view from a property on Summitop Rd. (from a real estate listing).

Old 02-16-2011, 10:19 PM

13,709 posts, read 21,918,229 times
Sweat Mountain is a mile or two past Shallowford and Sandy Plains roads in the Lassiter High School district. I know because from the top of the mountain you practically look dwnn on LHS. The streets in that area are frighteningly steep -- I remember wondering how in the hell they got equipment up there to build those houses, much less moving vans or school buses. Most of the houses don't even have back yards -- just a sheer drop off in the back. Like California hillside homes.

Old 02-16-2011, 10:26 PM

16,696 posts, read 29,515,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnishere View Post

Thanx much.
More information for you:

//www.city-data.com/forum/16205343-post3.html

//www.city-data.com/forum/16207542-post7.html (Lots of photos in this link! Make sure you take a look...)

//www.city-data.com/forum/atlan...alifornia.html

I hope this helps. Enjoy!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta