Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2011, 01:43 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,366,999 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gapeach69 View Post
I would say Virginia has better weather than us. They don't have alot of snow and humidity is probably lower there in summer. NC is about like GA only they get a bit more snow.
It gets COLD in Virginia. I almost froze there at Xmas a couple of years ago.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2011, 02:16 PM

1,225 posts, read 2,419,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaday View Post
After 4 winters in Massachusetts I find the climate in Georgia to be just about perfect for me. True the summers are hot and humid but for most of the country this is the case. Winter really is winter for only about 4 weeks and even that is pretty tolerable. I have lived in California before and did love the climate there but the occassional shaking freaked me out. My feeling is you can prepare for a hurricane, get advance warning for thunderstorm activity that might produce a tornado...but there really is no way to know when the big one is going to crumble your house.
Well thats because Earthquakes are not weather but seismic anomolies. So that being said Calif (southern) has best all year round weather IMHO.

Georgia gets nice year round weather but can get to hot and not enough rain/tornadoes etc.
Virginia is nice but depends where..The northern part can get harsh in Jan/Feb.

Old 03-04-2011, 06:53 PM

606 posts, read 2,004,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaday View Post
After 4 winters in Massachusetts I find the climate in Georgia to be just about perfect for me. True the summers are hot and humid but for most of the country this is the case. Winter really is winter for only about 4 weeks and even that is pretty tolerable. I have lived in California before and did love the climate there but the occassional shaking freaked me out. My feeling is you can prepare for a hurricane, get advance warning for thunderstorm activity that might produce a tornado...but there really is no way to know when the big one is going to crumble your house.
Everyone is different. For some people, 60 degrees is too cold. For others, 60 degrees is hot. Just depends on the person.

Old 03-04-2011, 06:54 PM

606 posts, read 2,004,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Novadhd5150 View Post
Well thats because Earthquakes are not weather but seismic anomolies. So that being said Calif (southern) has best all year round weather IMHO.

Georgia gets nice year round weather but can get to hot and not enough rain/tornadoes etc.
Virginia is nice but depends where..The northern part can get harsh in Jan/Feb.
Try living in the desert of Southern California and you will think differently about California's weather. Really the only place in Cali that has nice weather year round is near the coast. Once you get 100 or more miles away from the coast the weather isn't nearly as nice.

Old 11-02-2012, 12:43 PM

5,294 posts, read 10,201,724 times
I'd take the weather in Florida-notably South Florida. Still gets cool, but not for long and not too cold. Mostly warm and humid throughout the year-perfect beach weather and almost tropical. Georgia is WAY too hot and humid in summer, and pretty chilly for a while in winter.

Old 11-02-2012, 12:48 PM

5,294 posts, read 10,201,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpanda View Post
Let me set up some criteria here as what is considered "BEST" weather is different for everyone. Some love the rain (Seattle) some love like the hot/humid weather (Florida) etc.

I would consider an area with weather in the 60s and sunny all year round to be the most idealistic (best) weather = Southern California.

Since Hawaii is humid and in the 70s - 80s all year round, it ranks second place after California. I can eliminate Florida since the weather is only good in the winter months, but not idealisitic all year round. I would consider Dallas, Texas and Seattle, Washington to be a close competitor to Atlanta, Georgia for the the #3 spot for best weather, but not Arizonia.

Atlanta's weather has been in the 60's all last week including today and we are still in the month of February. I write this as the weather in Chicago is now 27 degrees and snowing, therefore Chicago is also obviously out

Under this new criteria would Altanta, Georiga rank #3 after California and Hawaii?

You do know that coastal SoCal gets warmer than this, right? Try San Francisco, btu even there temperatures rise to around 75F for a few weeks.

Old 11-05-2012, 08:58 PM

2,613 posts, read 4,143,757 times
Southern California is in the 80's-high 60's all year round (the part near the Pacific Coast, that is - not the inland areas like the Inland Empire). It's NORTHERN California that's in the 60's all year round. Too cold in July for me! I think Southern Cali definitely ranks number 1. Hawaii is probably #2, no way is Georgia #3 - too cold in the winter and too hot in the summer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpanda View Post
Let me set up some criteria here as what is considered "BEST" weather is different for everyone. Some love the rain (Seattle) some love like the hot/humid weather (Florida) etc.

I would consider an area with weather in the 60s and sunny all year round to be the most idealistic (best) weather = Southern California.

Since Hawaii is humid and in the 70s - 80s all year round, it ranks second place after California. I can eliminate Florida since the weather is only good in the winter months, but not idealisitic all year round. I would consider Dallas, Texas and Seattle, Washington to be a close competitor to Atlanta, Georgia for the the #3 spot for best weather, but not Arizonia.

Atlanta's weather has been in the 60's all last week including today and we are still in the month of February. I write this as the weather in Chicago is now 27 degrees and snowing, therefore Chicago is also obviously out

Under this new criteria would Altanta, Georiga rank #3 after California and Hawaii?

Old 11-05-2012, 09:02 PM

Ok, having lived in South Florida (Ft. Lauderdale area) AND Southern Cali, I am totally confused about your complaint about the HUMIDITY in Georgia. South Florida is like the most humid place on the planet. LOL. Sometimes, the humidity is in the 90% range. That place is like an oven! Beautiful as it is. It is an oven! LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaii4evr View Post
I'd take the weather in Florida-notably South Florida. Still gets cool, but
not for long and not too cold. Mostly warm and humid throughout the year-perfect beach weather and almost tropical. Georgia is WAY too hot and humid in summer, and pretty chilly for a while in winter.

Old 11-05-2012, 09:09 PM

Yes, partly in Ca and partly in NV. Great hiking. Amazing place. Hot as hades.
Quote:
Originally Posted by neil0311 View Post
No doubt. Death Valley is in California last I checked.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta