Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2011, 08:49 AM

4,688 posts, read 8,020,143 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownhornet View Post
The Falcons wont make the playoffs this year. The Saints will win that division easily and the Falcons will probably struggle for a wildcard. SMH @ the Braves, just sad. And GT is holding their own, but have yet to play a good or a ranked team. We will see how well they hold up against Clemson, Virginia Tech and Georgia. And I think its a given that Georgia wont be winning a championship as long as Richt is there.
The Atlanta dream r in the finals. Atl will be home to two championship teams soon (braves, dream)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2011, 08:55 AM

3,128 posts, read 6,533,746 times
Wow, one MLB championship and maybe a womans WNBA championship..in decades...something to brag about!

The Braves epic collapse is exactly what is wrong with Atlanta sports teams just like the Falcons who got blown out at home vs Green Bay. You guys support failure year after year and have this lame attitude "oh they tried their best" and "oh they made the playoffs, some teams did not". THe media rarely blasts their lameness and efforts. They are part of the issue too, covering them up and protecting them.

Old 09-29-2011, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWatson13 View Post
Wow, one MLB championship and maybe a womans WNBA championship..in decades...something to brag about!

The Braves epic collapse is exactly what is wrong with Atlanta sports teams just like the Falcons who got blown out at home vs Green Bay. You guys support failure year after year and have this lame attitude "oh they tried their best" and "oh they made the playoffs, some teams did not". THe media rarely blasts their lameness and efforts. They are part of the issue too, covering them up and protecting them.
I can't name that many cities with 2 championship teams besides Boston, nyc, Dallas, Pittsburgh, and a few other cities

Old 09-29-2011, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonygeorgia View Post
I can't name that many cities with 2 championship teams besides Boston, nyc, Dallas, Pittsburgh, and a few other cities
Stop bringing up other cities....Atlanta is a HUGE CITY and we SUCK at WINNING. We are talking about Atlanta's continued sports failures. Maybe you should read the first post in this thread on why we were voted 2nd worst sports city. Stop making excuses and RISE UP and state the obvious, every team here needs a complete revamp owner down to people committed to excellence and winning and getting players with that mentality, even if that means risque players.

Old 09-29-2011, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWatson13 View Post
Stop bringing up other cities....Atlanta is a HUGE CITY and we SUCK at WINNING. We are talking about Atlanta's continued sports failures. Maybe you should read the first post in this thread on why we were voted 2nd worst sports city. Stop making excuses and RISE UP and state the obvious, every team here needs a complete revamp owner down to people committed to excellence and winning and getting players with that mentality, even if that means risque players.
I agree 100% but at least in an argument we can say we have 2 championship teams to **** them off lol

Old 09-29-2011, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonygeorgia View Post
I agree 100% but at least in an argument we can say we have 2 championship teams to **** them off lol
lol

Old 09-29-2011, 10:00 AM

294 posts, read 451,137 times
I want a championship as much as any other fan but I would still prefer to keep our head up and have teams that consistently make playoffs than live in a city that teams are just infamously known for never making any playoffs and are not ever in the conversation at all.
We are only upset because our teams actually HAVE THE POTENTIAL. Other cities can't even say that at the least.

Old 09-29-2011, 12:20 PM

349 posts, read 781,498 times
RandyWatson13 I agree with you. I've been a Braves/Falcons fan for 20 years. It feels like we will never get another title. I feel that our owners don't take it serious and neither do the fans. Just look at how stacked Philly is. Their owners are serious. It's tempting to find another sports allegiance especially when the owners don't take it serious and half-a$$ it. We have a bunch of guys batting like 240 with like 12 homers. Get real.

Old 09-29-2011, 12:36 PM

2,590 posts, read 4,531,451 times
The average fan in this city approaches pro sports like it was t-ball. Too much "we'll get 'em next year" and crap like that. How many years can you put up with this sort of thing before you just say to hell with it?

Honestly, I think I'd rather be a fan of teams that never contend for playoff spots. Atlanta teams are either mediocre with just enough luck to get their fans hopes up or consistent underachievers who tend to make the most amateur mistakes on the field(like the offside call that sealed the deal in last weeks Falcons game) and off.

I think Atlanta fans could learn a little from those obnoxious Philly/NY/Boston fans. Make these overpaid primadonnas earn every penny.

Old 09-29-2011, 12:43 PM

2,061 posts, read 3,737,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelseaFCFan View Post
Atlanta is better than Charlotte, Cleveland, and Seattle when it comes to all the pro sports. (NFL) Falcons > Panthers, Browns, Seahawks ... (NBA) Hawks > Bobcats, Cavs, Seattle doesn't have a team ... (MLB) Braves > Charlotte doesn't have a team, Indians, Mariners. I'd say Atlanta is alright in the sports department currently and years to come. And that's just a name a few other cities... I could probably throw Phoenix in there too.
Sounds like you're satisfied with just being better than terrible.
"Whelp, at least we're not scrapping the absolute bottom of the barrel, so we're alright."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta