Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2011, 01:16 PM

128 posts, read 215,053 times

Advertisements

lol Id never think Id find myself agreeing with neil, but having had many wonderful conversations with decent upwardly mobile white ppl in Atlanta, AND having spend time around blk atlatna (and all that goes with it) I gotta say that Neil has a point.

And before ANYONE calls me an "uncle tom" or an "uncle ruckus", I should let you know that I am a young black man with shoulder length dreadlocks and I love rap music ...lol

Ive stayed all around Atl since the latter part of 2007. Everywhere from the hood to buckhead villiage all the way to dunwoody at present. Im not from Atl, and whenever I would have my black peers over for company I would notice how they seemed outta place amongst themselves, as if black ppl didnt belong in buckhead or the Northside. I cant begin to tell you how jealous some of those peers became because to them, it seemed like I was living the "white good life". In reality, buckhead really isnt all that pricey and Ive seen nicer parts of Atlanta, ITP and OTP. I think its kinda country that alot of blk ppl, especially in Dekalb self-segregate themselves, and wish to continue to uphold this psuedo-ghetto life-style.

It IS true, that a FAT chunk of young black Atlanta will look at you like YOURE stupid, if you engage in speaking good english, or discussing plans for the future, arent obsessed with a tricked out car, or gettin h*es, or being a manwhore, or touting your babies around like a fashion accessory, or talkin about selling dope, or any of that foolishness.

The irony is, for how hard all these kats try to make themselves seem, most of em grew up in nice church-going households with picket fences and parents who spoil them rotten, living in some plush subdivision in Stone Mountain. Its just that mainstream rap society makes it seem like you arent a man if your not a dope boi or following behind the whole Waka-Flocka persona. Its pure ignorance. Atlanta is a nice place to live and I think its wrong for black people here to perpetuate this country bammer a** mentality that we ALL should live in the hood, sell drugs, have kids outta wedlock, live above our means......etc.

Sorry, but Im not into the whole black america thing. Black america is more backwards NOW than when MLK was living. At least back then we had real men who were role models, our own stores, our own community and our own economies. Now since integration, we have come to rely on the welfare system and blame whitey. Why? In truth, white america is as worse off as us, maybe even more worse, because they have staked SO much in the American system that is falling down all around us.

I got my education, and I read more than just Ebony Magazine and XXL. I dont aspire to be in Black America and most of black america is jealous of my talents and intellect anyway. Im working toward being a MAN first and an outstanding citizen of this planet.

Old 03-10-2011, 01:20 PM

Oh, and I just moved from the Lenox Superblock. Its the best part of Atl, very walkable, but pricey. Not too much nightlife, but Ive walked from midtown all the way to pharr rd at 4:45 AM on a tuesday night. Not a soul out on the street. Very quiet, almost eerie lol. Id recommend it for anyone. I would have stayed but the rent was outta my range. 750-1000 will get you something kinda old with roaches and I figured I could do better for myself. I live now in dunwoody for 100 less with water included AND a workout room. Gotta love it. For the same standard of living elsewhere in America, that would start at around 1200-2500 PLUS.

Old 03-10-2011, 01:42 PM

864 posts, read 1,122,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellomrwest View Post
lol Id never think Id find myself agreeing with neil, but having had many wonderful conversations with decent upwardly mobile white ppl in Atlanta, AND having spend time around blk atlatna (and all that goes with it) I gotta say that Neil has a point.

And before ANYONE calls me an "uncle tom" or an "uncle ruckus", I should let you know that I am a young black man with shoulder length dreadlocks and I love rap music ...lol

Ive stayed all around Atl since the latter part of 2007. Everywhere from the hood to buckhead villiage all the way to dunwoody at present. Im not from Atl, and whenever I would have my black peers over for company I would notice how they seemed outta place amongst themselves, as if black ppl didnt belong in buckhead or the Northside. I cant begin to tell you how jealous some of those peers became because to them, it seemed like I was living the "white good life". In reality, buckhead really isnt all that pricey and Ive seen nicer parts of Atlanta, ITP and OTP. I think its kinda country that alot of blk ppl, especially in Dekalb self-segregate themselves, and wish to continue to uphold this psuedo-ghetto life-style.

It IS true, that a FAT chunk of young black Atlanta will look at you like YOURE stupid, if you engage in speaking good english, or discussing plans for the future, arent obsessed with a tricked out car, or gettin h*es, or being a manwhore, or touting your babies around like a fashion accessory, or talkin about selling dope, or any of that foolishness.

The irony is, for how hard all these kats try to make themselves seem, most of em grew up in nice church-going households with picket fences and parents who spoil them rotten, living in some plush subdivision in Stone Mountain. Its just that mainstream rap society makes it seem like you arent a man if your not a dope boi or following behind the whole Waka-Flocka persona. Its pure ignorance. Atlanta is a nice place to live and I think its wrong for black people here to perpetuate this country bammer a** mentality that we ALL should live in the hood, sell drugs, have kids outta wedlock, live above our means......etc.

Sorry, but Im not into the whole black america thing. Black america is more backwards NOW than when MLK was living. At least back then we had real men who were role models, our own stores, our own community and our own economies. Now since integration, we have come to rely on the welfare system and blame whitey. Why? In truth, white america is as worse off as us, maybe even more worse, because they have staked SO much in the American system that is falling down all around us.

I got my education, and I read more than just Ebony Magazine and XXL. I dont aspire to be in Black America and most of black america is jealous of my talents and intellect anyway. Im working toward being a MAN first and an outstanding citizen of this planet.

You're not special becuase you are black and educated. Get over yourself and surround yourself with more less ignorant goal seeking blacks.

Old 03-10-2011, 03:07 PM

444 posts, read 703,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BringBackCobain View Post
Buckhead ruled by thugs? That's laughable. Ben Carter kicked them all out when he tore down the Buckhead Village. Buckhead is the capital of white Atlanta, and even moreso now than ever. Where did you hear otherwise?
I was unaware that there's a whole separate white Atlanta from the rest of the city? Wow, just how many different Atlanta's are there? What other secret Atlanta societies am I missing...?

Old 03-10-2011, 03:55 PM

32,019 posts, read 36,759,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYbyWAYofGA View Post
I was unaware that there's a whole separate white Atlanta from the rest of the city? Wow, just how many different Atlanta's are there? What other secret Atlanta societies am I missing...?
Well, in all fairness, Buckhead is hardly a secret society. While its residents are predominantly white, large numbers of blacks have been coming there to shop and party for years.

It's also true that anybody who knows anything about Atlanta knows which neighborhoods are mainly black or white. Unfortunately, we really don't have too many areas that are genuinely integrated. Although I guess that's true of most other cities as well.

Old 03-10-2011, 04:15 PM

444 posts, read 703,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
Well, in all fairness, Buckhead is hardly a secret society. While its residents are predominantly white, large numbers of blacks have been coming there to shop and party for years.

It's also true that anybody who knows anything about Atlanta knows which neighborhoods are mainly black or white. Unfortunately, we really don't have too many areas that are genuinely integrated. Although I guess that's true of most other cities as well.
Please pardon my sarcasm in my previous post...lol. I just couldn't help respond to that capitol of "white" Atlanta comment. I just found it amusing for some reason.

Old 03-10-2011, 05:17 PM

32,019 posts, read 36,759,555 times
I understand.

I honestly wouldn't be taken aback, though, if someone referred to "black Atlanta." If somebody said, "Cascade is the center of of black Atlanta" I don't think it would raise too many eyebrows. Although if they said, "Virginia-Highland is the center of black Atlanta" most of us would probably say, "What are you talking about?"

Those terms do sound awkward but those of us who live here most likely get the drift.

Old 03-10-2011, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by muxBuppie View Post
You're not special becuase you are black and educated. Get over yourself and surround yourself with more less ignorant goal seeking blacks.

^^^Umm, whomever you are, I am special, but not because Im black or educated. Im special simply because I decree that. I would get over myself, but what for? Then I couldnt remind you how special I am and your life would have little economic value or purpose to it. So really Im doing you a favor and you should thank me properly and perhaps learn something useful in life from me instead of hurling useless time consuming insults my way..... but I understand....

Really I do.

Its ok. No...really. Because you "TOO" can prevent forest fires lmao

@arjay57 what other secret societies have you missed? Well, the word on the street is that Black Mafia Family, Delta, and the Buckhead Club are all ran by "49th" degree freemasons, of which the Tooth Fairy is one of lol. Yep. Heard it on twitter so you "know" its gotta be "true" lol Ha!

And, the Cobb County government sanctions KKK rituals with Elmo up at Lake Altoona....lol (Always knew it was something about that Elmo)

I also heard the skull and bones picked Nathan Deal to be governor; and he will turn all of GA over to the Antichrist, which is Barbara Streisand lol. They also designed I 285, where @muxBuppie should be soon engaging in Jai Lai during high traffic time, on a payday friday, at the high point of the Cobb Cloverleaf. lol.

(disclaimer^^^ the above was strictly for humor. If anyone actually takes that serious, then #shame on you......#shame lol )

Follow us on Twitter!!! @MrWestMuzik

Old 03-10-2011, 11:16 PM

lol and after Barbara Streisand takes over GA, she will declare war on Sesame Street, when at that time Obama and Oprah will combine to make the dreaded O'Dirah, who then will combine with superstar rapper Jay Z and Diddy to make the dreaded " O-Diggah", the sacred hero of Sesame Street who will bring 24 years of peace to the land, with cookies, peaches, and Katie Perry outtake DVDs for all.

But in the meantime, Buckhead and Lenox will be renamed Bob, with MARTA being renamed MARTHA. And the black youth of the Eastside will commandeer Phipps, turning it into a video shoot for Barbara and her loyal manservant, Chamo "Shawty". Yep. Heard it "ALL" on twitter so you KNOW its true.

^^^^lol

Old 03-11-2011, 05:41 AM

7,887 posts, read 17,185,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muxBuppie View Post
I'm young and black and I'm educated and not a thug nor was raised in
A broken home. I must be special by your ignorant logic.
Here we go with the hyperbole and name calling. I'm far from ignorant...and you don't know me. You are by far the exception, when you look at things nationally and statistically. I wish that wasn't the case, but it is. If you're too blind to see the reality, then that's on you.

As with everything, it's not an absolute. There is white trash and plenty of white thugs out there too, but take a look at the numbers of young black men in prison. Many are there due to gangs and drugs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta