Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2011, 07:41 PM

188 posts, read 591,950 times

Advertisements

We've lived in our Peachtree Residential Home for 3.5 years and haven't had any problems. When I bought my home at the top of the market, Peachtree did not include much in the way of upgrades included in the purchase price of the home. But now they do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2011, 08:18 PM

388 posts, read 1,119,758 times
JW is a tract home builder.
They put in nice entrances and amenities and then build a tract home with a little bling on the front (curb appeal) and a little bling on the first floor.
I could not belive what I was seeing when I walked their homes.
I built my 120k starter homes nicer (fit & finish) than JW Homes.
It amazes me what good marketing and nice common areas can do for a builder. This is not a slam on JW, they have a nice product, just not as nice as folks think.

That being said, any builder is only as good as his project managers.

The same subs that frame/drywall/concrete/trim/ect a 120k house also work on the 1.2 million $ houses.

Some of the worst fit & finish I have ever seen was in a 1 million $ plus home at Sugarloaf Country Club.

Old 03-12-2011, 08:12 AM

957 posts, read 3,343,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tresninas View Post
We've lived in our Peachtree Residential Home for 3.5 years and haven't had any problems. When I bought my home at the top of the market, Peachtree did not include much in the way of upgrades included in the purchase price of the home. But now they do.
Tresninas, you must live at Travistock in Johns Creek? I'll also be moving into a Peachtree Residential Home but in S. Forsyth.

IMO... those Travistock homes are expensive. I think they were priced close to a million during the peak and this is a north Atlanta suburb, not Southern California.

Old 02-28-2016, 09:44 PM

1 posts, read 704 times
Home south communities is the worst builder. Our house is less than 1.5 years old and already has so many problems. They made our 1 year walk through total hell as well. We owned a Pulte townhouse before this house and it was so well done and the company was so easy to work with. Buyer beware with Home South.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta