Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2015, 07:59 PM

2,197 posts, read 2,261,100 times

Advertisements

One time when I was in middle school, this older kid scared me with this long "south will rise again" spiel. When I got home I asked my dad if the south was going to rise again, and he replied "no, not as long as idiots like his parents keep reproducing."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2015, 05:17 AM

787 posts, read 969,101 times
The KKK is recruiting black people now.

Old 05-26-2015, 12:49 PM

6,610 posts, read 9,036,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry X View Post
The KKK is recruiting black people now.
Wonder how that is working out for them?

Old 05-26-2015, 11:17 PM

2,468 posts, read 1,919,213 times
Stone Mountain is great but the southern conservatives really need to get with it and pledge allegiance to our stars and stripes flag instead of harping on about the confederate flag. They might as well wave the ISIS flag as well.

Old 05-27-2015, 01:51 PM

39 posts, read 49,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rorqual View Post
Stone Mountain is great but the southern conservatives really need to get with it and pledge allegiance to our stars and stripes flag instead of harping on about the confederate flag. They might as well wave the ISIS flag as well.
You, sir, are an idiot. To disparage all conservatives as you have is evidence that you think as small as the worst racist you will encounter. I hope someday you will be enlightened but I fear that for someone who allows themselves to think and post as you have done, if is too late.

Old 05-27-2015, 08:46 PM

2,468 posts, read 1,919,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabrio330 View Post
You, sir, are an idiot. To disparage all conservatives as you have is evidence that you think as small as the worst racist you will encounter. I hope someday you will be enlightened but I fear that for someone who allows themselves to think and post as you have done, if is too late.
Read again, carefully. Not all conservatives, but southern conservatives who harp on about the confederate flag and yearn for the good ol' days before Lincoln.

Old 05-28-2015, 01:25 PM

6,610 posts, read 9,036,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rorqual View Post
Read again, carefully. Not all conservatives, but southern conservatives who harp on about the confederate flag and yearn for the good ol' days before Lincoln.
I know plenty of southern conservatives who don't love the Confederate Flag OR yearn for the days of slavery. That's a silly stereotype of southerners that is outdated and ignorant.

I consider myself socially liberal, but I don't see a need to demonize everyone who doesn't agree with me on every issue.

Old 07-17-2015, 12:02 PM

1 posts, read 773 times
Default stone mountainto

To the lady who rode through Atlanta and saw stone mountain and wanted to know why it was there with carvings of confederate general's .the war was about states rights not slavery. You need to read southern history. And you need to leave the south is not for you you need to go north where you'll be happy . Whe haven't said anything about Martin Luther king but we can start sayingng his statute or a holiday for him bothers us and it should be stopped . Robert e lee birthday is the same day so guess who I honor . So goodbye on your way out of the south because it's not changing

Old 07-17-2015, 01:00 PM

32,025 posts, read 36,788,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by martinezmailmanretired View Post
....the war was about states rights not slavery. You need to read southern history.
Well, to clarify, according to the Confederacy, it was about the right of the slave-holding states to protect and expand human slavery.

Like most wars, it soon came to involve many other things -- politics, regionalism, family feuds, religion, economics, retribution, morality, greed, self-preservation, you name it.

But slavery was the South's core issue and there's no denying it. Why anyone would want to deny clear historical fact anyway?

Old 07-20-2015, 12:02 PM

2,197 posts, read 2,261,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by martinezmailmanretired View Post
To the lady who rode through Atlanta and saw stone mountain and wanted to know why it was there with carvings of confederate general's .the war was about states rights not slavery. You need to read southern history. And you need to leave the south is not for you you need to go north where you'll be happy . Whe haven't said anything about Martin Luther king but we can start sayingng his statute or a holiday for him bothers us and it should be stopped . Robert e lee birthday is the same day so guess who I honor . So goodbye on your way out of the south because it's not changing
You are an idiot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta