Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-21-2011, 02:39 PM

32,025 posts, read 36,782,996 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martaman2011 View Post
Alright, this is the reality for all you race baiters.

1. All black people don't know each other and thus aren't responsible each others actions.

2. All black people are individuals. So when one commits a crime that should have nothing to do with the others . If a black guy commits a crime he should be blamed for his individual action just like white people enjoy the privilege of doing.

This one of the main factors of white privilege; they can do something wrong and whole race ain't blamed for it. Black man does wrong his whole race is somehow the blame.
Hear, hear! I can relate to that as a non-black person as well.

Old 04-21-2011, 02:45 PM

538 posts, read 925,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeaconJ View Post
Where exactly is "the black community"? Can I get directions to it?
Generally speaking, in Atlanta its south of I-20.......you can also try the "Historically Black Colleges" just west of downtown.....or attend a "100 Black Men of Atlanta" meeting....or a NAACP meeting. I hope you get this excited about the term when a black person uses the phrase "we in the black community" or "as a black man" ...blah, blah, blah which I hear all the time on the news.

Old 04-21-2011, 02:47 PM

5,185 posts, read 7,566,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waronxmas View Post
You are right their family, friends, and associates have the responsibility of turning them in. That list does not even come close to the entire "black community". I'm grew up in that part of town, I don't know those hoodlums, nor is it my duty to do anything about these specific hoodlums for this specific crime.

Why does the entire community need to take responsibility and onus for the actions of a few?
We need to just denounce it. Stop supporting it, Stop encouraging it. Thats what the we should do. Will it happen? Nope. I do my part though. Im not a fan of any sort of coonery, especially not this sort of thing. I dont see how what these cats did does not bother more black people. Why is this so cool for us to do? No one has answered that yet.

Old 04-21-2011, 02:48 PM

7,845 posts, read 20,808,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyiMetro View Post
What was the finacial gain of attacking people on the train?
I have no idea how much $ was stolen, but this act apparently wasn't about financial gain. It sounds to me like some sort of initiation, where the little guy in the pink shirt was completing his pledge requirements.

Old 04-21-2011, 02:51 PM

Quote:
We need to just denounce it. Stop supporting it, Stop encouraging it. Thats what the we should do. Will it happen? Nope. I do my part though. Im not a fan of any sort of coonery, especially not this sort of thing. I dont see how what these cats did does not bother more black people. Why is this so cool for us to do? No one has answered that yet.
Do you think that this sort of thing doesn't bother black people? I can't see where criminal acts of any kind bother some people more than others according to race. No one who is a law-abiding citizen, race notwithstanding, condones this sort of thing.

Who is supporting it? From all I've read so far, everyone has denounced it.

Old 04-21-2011, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PKCorey View Post
Ergo, agreeing with their ideas for justification for actions against African Americans so please, shut up. Thanks.

Seeing issues in our communities is one thing but to actually come up with crap that the KKK is right in their hatred of us because of that is bs and you know it. Not surprised that you would agree with this idiot poster....

Exactly.

Weeks? Let's stop lying. It was a few days. He was caught by Friday and his parents and other in the community asked him to turn himself now and he was eventually turned in by a black woman who son was held hostage but let's not facts get in the way of your bs rant...
Pk? Why you so emotional man? SOME of the things the modern kkk was saying in the doc, no matter what they stand for was the TRUTH. from Government handouts, to ignorant music to lack of passion at the job...I have seen it with my own eyes. Again What can you do? Most of the stuff they say about black is inherited foolishness, but why they have an issue, that I have an issue with, it is what it is. You calling people names dont change the fact about how I feel about your lil ATL cousins. Ok SHAWTY? Lets call a spade a spade. You Mad?

Old 04-21-2011, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by northwinds View Post
Generally speaking, in Atlanta its south of I-20.......you can also try the "Historically Black Colleges" just west of downtown.....or attend a "100 Black Men of Atlanta" meeting....or a NAACP meeting. I hope you get this excited about the term when a black person uses the phrase "we in the black community" or "as a black man" ...blah, blah, blah which I hear all the time on the news.
Wow, you are extremely reactionary...I don't think my comment exhibited excitement whatsoever. If it did, then I apologize. I'm not excited.

People tend to use terms like "the black community", "the gay community", "muslim community" very loosely. It isn't a specific location (I was joking about the location earlier), but is normally used when referring to the general mindset of a minority sector of society. It is not often used accurately, since there is no way of knowing how an entire subgroup of people feels or thinks - not even the majority of an entire subgroup of people.

Old 04-21-2011, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Do you think that this sort of thing doesn't bother black people? I can't see where criminal acts of any kind bother some people more than others according to race. No one who is a law-abiding citizen, race notwithstanding, condones this sort of thing.

Who is supporting it? From all I've read so far, everyone has denounced it.
You have denounced as I have. Others with their "it happens everywhere so its fine" people have not. Thats an excuse not a denouncement.

Old 04-21-2011, 03:06 PM

8,486 posts, read 14,997,570 times
Quote:
What are you going on about?

I don't support it. No one I know supports it. So what are you talking about?

Old 04-21-2011, 03:07 PM

8,486 posts, read 14,997,570 times
Quote:
People tend to use terms like "the black community", "the gay community", "muslim community" very loosely. It isn't a specific location (I was joking about the location earlier), but is normally used when referring to the general mindset of a minority sector of society. It is not often used accurately, since there is no way of knowing how an entire subgroup of people feels or thinks - not even the majority of an entire subgroup of people.
Very true, but there are people who think that it is possible and they have a name: bigots.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta