Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2008, 08:09 PM

2 posts, read 5,492 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palmet View Post
Hello,
I am in the process of relocating from MD too. I will be moving at the end of Feb. I saw a townhome in Dillard's Crossing for rent, and am interested in seeing the property. Did you move to Dillard's Crossing, if so how do you like the community?
Thanks.

We have our home in Dillard Crossing for sale/rent. The community is great. We moved north to be closer to family, but we miss Tucker. Dillard Crossing was quiet, safe, and only a few mins. from 285, 85, and 78. Let us know if you're still interested.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2009, 06:17 PM

1 posts, read 1,860 times
Bump. I would like more information on this community.

Old 08-09-2009, 11:25 AM

1 posts, read 1,832 times
Dillard Crossing is a great gated townhome community with the first properties being built in mid2002. Its 6-10 miles from the Fernbank museum (accessible via HWY29), 11-15 miles from Perimeter Mall in Dunwoody, 11-15 miles from Gwinnett Mall and Discover Mills, a 30-45 minute drive to the Mall of Georgia, 20 minute drive to Atlantic Station, and only a 20 minute drive to downtown Atlanta/Fox Theater on Peachtree Street (accessible via HWY 29, noninterstate). The community is located in Tucker, GA, an old railroad town, but very established. I was doubtful about moving here because of statistics on crime etc, but the location,neighbors, diversity, and resources in this town are great. You get the best of both worlds, easy access to City of Atlanta when you want it and great country or old time community living.

Old 08-09-2009, 11:05 PM

3,997 posts, read 4,140,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Citysearch07 View Post
Do you know anything about Five Oaks apartments on Montreal Rd?
Don't know if this will still be any help to you or not, but I have some family that lived at Five Oaks for over two years. I've been in the complex several times. They did the commute into Emory everyday. If I can help in any way..just give me a shout!

Old 08-10-2009, 05:06 AM

325 posts, read 979,338 times
Quote:
Hi Everyone,
I have 2 questions..

I am planning to relocate to Tucker by the end of the year from NY and I wanted to know if Dillard Crossing is a good complex to live in? (I've noticed that there are always about 10-15 homes up for sale?)

I visited GA about 3 times in the last 6 years and I have settled on Tucker. I am interested in buying a townhouse but I don't know much about the diffrent complexes or areas. This past January, I viewed a unit in Dillard Crossing (which is close to Tucker Middle School on Cowan) and it was very nice. Is the area safe?

I know that each person's opinion will be diffrent but can someone suggest a really nice, quite, and safe complex in Tucker (DeKalb). I will like to stick with a townhouse at first. Decent schools (Middle and High) and a safe neighborhood is my focus.

Second
Any comment on Clayton State University?

Thank you all for any information provided..
Your input will help me make a more informed decision. Thanks Again!
I cannot speak on Tucker, but Clayton State University? The best underrated school I've ever attended. I say go because it is going to become tougher to get in. I saw that happening as I was living, but all around, I give the school a 10!

Old 01-24-2012, 03:02 PM

1 posts, read 1,139 times
Quote:
Thanks JPD. Good mix..

I am looking at a few older houses and many of them look just as good or better than some of the newer ones I have seen elsewhere.

Do you know anything about Edinburgh Estates?

Thanks
I just found this and hope you did not buy in Edinburgh Estates in Clayton. If you did I feel sorry for you because the HOA is a nightmare. Sad that such a great looking sub-division has such lousy leadership.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta