U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2011, 07:39 AM

1,469 posts, read 4,582,303 times

Advertisements

Sad stories:

Heroin overdoses rattle suburbs *| ajc.com
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2011, 10:49 AM

864 posts, read 950,425 times
Something needs to be done in the white community. No one wants to talk about it but we all know it is a problem and white people need to take responsibility.

Old 05-15-2011, 11:04 AM

426 posts, read 2,194,152 times
Chilling story to read. No one wants to talk about things like this in affluent communities. Ironically communication is the top solution for breaking this cycle.

Old 05-15-2011, 01:31 PM

559 posts, read 704,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muxBuppie View Post
Something needs to be done in the white community. No one wants to talk about it but we all know it is a problem and white people need to take responsibility.
Assume this is sarcasm. If so, well played.

It's a terrible waste anytime a young person destroys their own life w/ drugs, but it does seem that only celebrities and the affluent white kids that do it make the headlines.

Jimi, Janis, and Jim all died within 10 months and people thought it was the end of society as we know it. Maybe this round of heroin influx is different, but these things tend to run in cycles.

Right now, it's oxy, meth, and heroin screwing up people's lives.

Old 05-15-2011, 01:57 PM

1,666 posts, read 2,529,756 times
Now lets see if some black posters slam the white community like they do the black community on here when we do something wrong.

Old 05-15-2011, 10:14 PM

2,599 posts, read 3,972,342 times
Is it wrong that I don't really feel any sympathy for these guys? Everyone knows that you might end up this way if you mess around with certain drugs. According to this article, this Samter guy was 10 YEARS OLD when he began messing around with drugs. I don't want to be too harsh on his parents, but how do you not know that your kid has a drug problem that has been going on for over a decade? Maybe they didn't have to guts to show him some tough love before he made the mistake of trying heroin.

The suburbs are worse than the inner city when it comes to drugs nowadays. All the doped up baby boomer parents with their Oxycontin are comatose and drooling on themselves while little Jimmy sneaks a few Vicodins, Xanax, etc. Doctors are the biggest pushers nowadays but I'm not even gonna get started on that rant.

Old 05-15-2011, 10:27 PM

1,498 posts, read 2,740,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DTL3000 View Post
Is it wrong that I don't really feel any sympathy for these guys? Everyone knows that you might end up this way if you mess around with certain drugs. According to this article, this Samter guy was 10 YEARS OLD when he began messing around with drugs. I don't want to be too harsh on his parents, but how do you not know that your kid has a drug problem that has been going on for over a decade? Maybe they didn't have to guts to show him some tough love before he made the mistake of trying heroin.

The suburbs are worse than the inner city when it comes to drugs nowadays. All the doped up baby boomer parents with their Oxycontin are comatose and drooling on themselves while little Jimmy sneaks a few Vicodins, Xanax, etc. Doctors are the biggest pushers nowadays but I'm not even gonna get started on that rant.
Yeah, keep telling yourself that, maybe it will come true one day.

Old 05-15-2011, 10:53 PM

3,129 posts, read 5,655,975 times
The smart dealers don't deal in the hood, they deal in the suburbs...ample cash and much better **** to pawn as well as a less chance of retaliation and violence.

Stories like this are no surprise and not new unless your head is under a rock.

Old 05-17-2011, 10:20 PM

21 posts, read 43,728 times
I am Chris Zollman. The one in the article. All of those people who died were my friends. Addiction is disease and it is one of the hardest things to overcome. I used to be a big drug dealer and heroin addict. Now I have gotten my life together and graduating this summer from college. People need to understand addiction better. Also, people need to realize heroin is everywhere in the suburbs. It all started out with Oxycontin, but they changed the formula so that it could not be abused. So since the change, everyone went to heroin. And the people doing heroin are people who were the "nerds" in school, cheerleaders, jocks and everyone else. Addiction can attack anyone. If your from atlanta, addiction goes from Bankhead to Buckhead. Heroin addiction is very hard and most people will not overcome it unfortunately.

Old 05-17-2011, 10:21 PM

12,660 posts, read 14,600,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muxBuppie View Post
Love it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta