Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-16-2011, 08:27 PM

1,120 posts, read 2,590,581 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullbear View Post

Exactly Northwinds.

Six billion, eight billion, whats the difference, really?

There's a lot of difference between six billion and eight billion. For your information, that's two billion afternoon delights.

Old 05-16-2011, 08:36 PM

1,120 posts, read 2,590,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northwinds View Post

Exactly...notice how they nit-pick to try and avoid answering the question....don't hold your breath for their solution....LOL

Nice try!

Old 05-16-2011, 08:38 PM

9,067 posts, read 15,785,564 times
Quote:
Exactly...notice how they nit-pick to try and avoid answering the question....don't hold your breath for their solution....LOL
I dont have a solution but I do have ideas.
If we had a program that allowed a person to apply for Permanent Residency and the rule would be to make that person wait a minimum of 18months.They could not be caught illegally entering the county,breaking any American laws.After the 18 month they could be granted a work visa for 18months.Also before they enter they would have to have in an American bank account a savings of $2000(maybe less,maybe more) per person.If at any period they are not gainfully employed more than 3months,they have to return home.

Oh yeah.While they wait 18 months they must learn basic Engish.They should be required to take a test to see if the English requirement.Maybe a test like a basic American History

American employers like Farmers who need help can have their name on a government database that allows for request for people who live outside the country but enrolled in the program to come and work in the U.S. Immigrants could come before they are called "officially".But for no more than the 18mths

The more incentives for those to enroll will help decrease the illegal amount.i had more and I know this is not detail but its late and im tired.You got the basics.

Old 05-16-2011, 08:40 PM

538 posts, read 925,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWatson13 View Post
You have shown a complete lack of knowledge on the subject so you should stop posting. Now you are just ranting about other subjects to try to make your pitiful previous posts look better. Its a terrible attempt.

A lot of those lawyers suck, sorry, and rape people for thousands and they have minimal contacts and their expertise is not sound. In the article they mentioned Charles Kuck who is by far the immigration leader and genius and has a tremendous firm. A lot of other lawyers stink it up so having a lawyer does not automatically equate to success.

Yes there are good immigration lawyers but there are A LOT eating good off these peoples hopes.
There are dozens of immigration lawyers in Atlanta who are as competent, if not more so, than Charles Kuck. If someone wants to navigate the immigration laws without a competent immigration lawyer then they can blame no one but themselves for the results. By the way a lot of plumbers, electricians, engineers, and shoe salesmen suck as well. Its real simple for the consumer to look around and get references and pick a competent one.....picking a lawyer is no different.

Old 05-16-2011, 08:40 PM

951 posts, read 745,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zel Ya View Post
There's a lot of difference between six billion and eight billion. For your information, that's two billion afternoon delights.

It's just funny they actually believe BILLIONS would pile in to the U.S to "live off our tax money" and still don't get the fact that the people are coming here to work and believe it or not, people follow economic opportunities. If there were not jobs people wouldn't be coming here. Yes I understand some come for asylum, etc. but not to take advantage of our welfare. Illegal immigrants don't qualify for welfare, etc. as previously discussed. If they come here and work they are helping the economy.

The population of Mexico is ~112 million btw.

Old 05-16-2011, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by afonega1 View Post
I dont have a solution but I do have ideas.
If we had a program that allowed a person to apply for Permanent Residency and the rule would be to make that person wait a minimum of 18months.They could not be caught illegally entering the county,breaking any American laws.After the 18 month they could be granted a work visa for 18months.Also before they enter they would have to have in an American bank account a savings of $2000(maybe less,maybe more) per person.If at any period they are not gainfully employed more than 3months,they have to return home.

Oh yeah.While they wait 18 months they must learn basic Engish.They should be required to take a test to see if the English requirement.Maybe a test like a basic American History

American employers like Farmers who need help can have their name on a government database that allows for request for people who live outside the country but enrolled in the program to come and work in the U.S. Immigrants could come before they are called "officially".But for no more than the 18mths

The more incentives for those to enroll will help decrease the illegal amount.i had more and I know this is not detail but its late and im tired.You got the basics.
So anyone of the seven billion folks on the planet, under your program, can just sign up, wait 18 months....get a visa and come in as long as they have $2000 cash....wow, your naivette is impressive. Do you realize that most of the 25 million or so illegal aliens in the U.S. payed far more than $2000 to a coyote to enter the U.S.? So, under your program every person in Central and South America with $2000 and the patience to wait 18 months can come to America legally.......now, that's funny I don't care where you're from.....LMAO. I wonder how many will sign up for the program. Let's see...your living in Guatemala with two children and you just heard that the Mexican Zeta's killed 31 people at the ranch down the road....maybe you sign up for afonega1's visa program....what do you think.

Old 05-16-2011, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by huddledmasses View Post
It's just funny they actually believe BILLIONS would pile in to the U.S to "live off our tax money" and still don't get the fact that the people are coming here to work and believe it or not, people follow economic opportunities. If there were not jobs people wouldn't be coming here. Yes I understand some come for asylum, etc. but not to take advantage of our welfare. Illegal immigrants don't qualify for welfare, etc. as previously discussed. If they come here and work they are helping the economy.

I take it that you haven't been to a hospital emergency room in the Atlanta metro area recently.......ask anyone in the health care industry in Georgia, Texas, California, etc. if illegal aliens are not living off our tax money....someone has to pay the bill for the health care....and its me and you....wise up to what's going on.

Old 05-16-2011, 08:53 PM

479 posts, read 702,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by huddledmasses View Post

So in other words, everyone coming to the US wants to work hard and contribute to society, right? So the gates should be wide open and let anyone who wants entry in US? Perhaps a citizenship card as a welcoming present?

It's good to know there are just hard working, honest, capable people trying to enter the US. And here little ole me was worried there were some drug dealers/couriers, parasites, sinecure seekers and outright terrorists, too, but it's a big relief knowing NONE of those people have any interest in the US.

Old 05-16-2011, 08:55 PM

951 posts, read 745,185 times
Quote:
I take it that you haven't been to a hospital emergency room in the Atlanta metro area recently.......ask anyone in the health care industry in Georgia, Texas, California, etc. if illegal aliens are not living off our tax money....someone has to pay the bill for the health care....and its me and you....wise up to what's going on.
Illegal aliens receive emergency care only. Are you proposing they are coming here to get hurt or sick enough to have to go to an e.r. or are you proposing we deny them emergency medical care?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullbear View Post
So in other words, everyone coming to the US wants to work hard and contribute to society, right? So the gates should be wide open and let anyone who wants entry in US? Perhaps a citizenship card as a welcoming present?

It's good to know there are just hard working, honest, capable people trying to enter the US. And here little ole me was worried there were some drug dealers/couriers, parasites, sinecure seekers and outright terrorists, too, but it's a big relief knowing NONE of those people have any interest in the US.
coolstorybro. I have advocated a criminal background check from the start. Since the people that would be coming (with no criminal past) don't qualify for welfare, then yes it seems rather obvious they are coming to work.

Also I never said anything about citizenship yet, I said easier to obtain work visas.

Immigrants, illegal or legal are less likely to end up in jail than American citizens btw.

Old 05-16-2011, 09:00 PM

2,206 posts, read 6,888,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NuclearDensity View Post
Good post chacho_keva!

My grandfather immigrated from the Netherlands back in the 1920's and had to endure the same type of rhetoric from those who were already US citizens - but he did it legally, filled out the forms, stood in line, and eventually became a US citizen.

I also have a close friend from Germany that was working in the US on a work visa. He applied for citizenship - it took about 7 years - but he did it legally, filled out the forms, now he is a US citizen.

In comparison with other countries, the United States has a very welcoming immigration policy. It is not difficult to acquire a US work visa or become a US citizen - it is much easier than most countries. As a comparison, look up how difficult it is for a US citizen to immigrate to Australia or New Zealand.

What I do have a problem with are those people who think they have a right to "cut in line" - in front of those applicants who went through the appropriate legal process. To illegal immigrants (regardless of their origin) - I say go to the back of the line. I would support a one-way Delta ticket to deport them back to their country of origin.

Why should our tax dollars go to pay for anything associated with citizens of other countries. Those countries need to pay for their own citizens - not US!
What???? As a naturalized US citizen who's been through the entire process in the last 10 years, from non-immigrant working visa through employer-sponsored permanent residency to naturalization, I know very well that the above bolded quote is poppycock.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta