Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2011, 01:44 PM

311 posts, read 844,035 times

Advertisements

I really like this show myself. As a black woman (and with the limited options available) this show is pretty much ahead of most of the black shows we have currently have out there. Of course it's not perfect, and lord knows SOME of the actors could be a bit better lol, but I'm glad that the characters are pretty diverse.I really like Stacy Dash's character who shows a gentler and romantic side of being a black woman that hasn't been seen since Girlfriends........Yes, I am Stacy Dash's Character, and I believe in romance and am not cynical/bitter .....Besides this show isn't any worse(or the acting any worse) than what you would see on any typical daytime soap and it appeals to that certain group quite well.....

Compared to The Game, Meet the Browns, and Real Housewives of ATL...I think I may actually stick with this show as long as the writing continues to be fairly decent .....**PLus I am quite in love with the fashion and the small visual peeks of ATL between scenes lol***

BTW Did anyone else recognize the white girl's husband? He was Travis Mayweather in Star Trek Enterprise lol...lemme stop showing my Geekdom!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2011, 11:25 AM

5,185 posts, read 7,566,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brent6969 View Post
More stereotypical BS. I have lived in Atlanta my entire life and do not have one inkling of a southern accent, and so what if you do, much rather have a twang than an obnoxious "Yankee" accent.
Dash doesnt sound like a yankee, not sure where Lisa Raye is from, but again she doesnt speak how they speak down here. Matter of fact the only ones on the show that seems like they could be Atlantians would be the white characters lol. Looking forward to the next episode.

Old 06-13-2011, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidSnake View Post
More than likely it will be just
another piece of junk reality show. Just my opinion mind you. It'll do pretty well in the ratings department considering that so many people in Atlanta tend to go for the low-brow stuff, anyways...

Maybe I'm in the wrong business?
Naw snake, i normally agree wit ya alot, but I say check it out. Its not a wack show. Its not perfect but, hey it is giving SOME REAL actors a chance to show their skills. As soon as they have a shark jumping moment by all means blast it to pieces. And boy do I know what you mean about low brow....

Old 06-13-2011, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaBison2007 View Post
I really like this show myself. As a black woman (and with the limited options available) this show is pretty much ahead of most of the black shows we have currently have out there. Of course it's not perfect, and lord knows SOME of the actors could be a bit better lol, but I'm glad that the characters are pretty diverse.I really like Stacy Dash's character who shows a gentler and romantic side of being a black woman that hasn't been seen since Girlfriends........Yes, I am Stacy Dash's Character, and I believe in romance and am not cynical/bitter .....Besides this show isn't any worse(or the acting any worse) than what you would see on any typical daytime soap and it appeals to that certain group quite well.....

Compared to The Game, Meet the Browns, and Real Housewives of ATL...I think I may actually stick with this show as long as the writing continues to be fairly decent .....**PLus I am quite in love with the fashion and the small visual peeks of ATL between scenes lol***

BTW Did anyone else recognize the white girl's husband? He was Travis Mayweather in Star Trek Enterprise lol...lemme stop showing my Geekdom!
lol dude looks like the Dont Be Cruel version of Bobby Brown, yes the characters are all different. All looking for different things from men, One thing I do like about the Dash character is she doesnt seem to judge men based on money but seems to like charms. Dash & the white girl are both a lil ditsy so neither of them are my types. I love how Lisa Raye character controlled her emotions when rich dude boned her & left her hanging....If i had more money Id like to have a few of those on my team lol. Dash is real clingy & the white girl too messy, seems the Dash character & white girls husband may hook up later down the line...they so lame & romantic & all that stuff.

Old 06-13-2011, 05:06 PM

32,025 posts, read 36,782,996 times
Quote:
BTW Did anyone else recognize the white girl's husband?
I look forward to a day when an actress can simply be a character in a TV show about Atlanta without being "the white girl."

Old 06-13-2011, 06:12 PM

311 posts, read 844,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
I look forward to a day when an actress can simply be a character in a TV show about Atlanta without being "the white girl."

well....majority of the characters are black and heck, I don't know her name*shrugs*..... do y'all even know her name? I've never seen her in anything I don't believe

eh, lighten up Arjay! If this was Friends, and I didn't know Aisha Tyler's name...I'd call her the "black chick" as well...Same with Jennifer Hudson and Blair Underwood in Sex and the City.......Same with the Gay Dude in Ugly Betty vs the Gay Kid

Old 06-13-2011, 06:54 PM

32,025 posts, read 36,782,996 times
Quote:
well....majority of the characters are black and heck, I don't know her name*shrugs*..... do y'all even know her name? I've never seen her in anything I don't believe
I'm not criticizing you, GaBison. I'm just looking forward to the day when people are just people and it's not considered remarkable to be any particular race.

Old 06-13-2011, 07:35 PM

3,573 posts, read 5,309,880 times
No thanks.

I'm just not into that whole "women shouting at each other while riding around all day in their Escalades and discovering how many different ways they can attach weave to their hair then hangin out at the clubs all night" type of stuff.

Because after looking at one episode of "Basketball Wives" that's pretty much all I get from it, and I have this strange suspicion that "Single Ladies" will not be much different.

I'll just stick to the hard-hitting stuff like "The First 48" on A&E and "Man Vs Wild" on Discovery. Mixed Martial arts stuff like the UFC is pretty cool as well.

To each their own, eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyiMetro View Post
Naw snake, i normally agree wit ya alot, but I say check it out. Its not a wack show. Its not perfect but, hey it is giving SOME REAL actors a chance to show their skills. As soon as they have a shark jumping moment by all means blast it to pieces. And boy do I know what you mean about low brow....

Last edited by AcidSnake; 06-13-2011 at 08:43 PM..

Old 07-18-2011, 12:00 PM

16,701 posts, read 29,526,453 times
How's this show going?

Has anyone on here been watchin' it?

Old 07-18-2011, 12:02 PM

16,701 posts, read 29,526,453 times
//www.city-data.com/forum/tv/13...le-ladies.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta