Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2011, 01:50 PM

2,240 posts, read 5,855,128 times

Advertisements

I agree about Mill Glen. You have to drive REALLY slowly through there to avoid hitting the hordes of kids playing in yards. I think Dunwoody is very kid-friendly. Maybe it's just your neighborhood. I know that when we moved into our home in 30350 in 2003, we were the only family with kids younger than teens. Now the neighborhood has turned, and there's a core group of young kids. Neighborhoods go through phases like that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2011, 02:37 PM

3,972 posts, read 12,655,174 times
But you will have to buy an infill house house in most of Dunwoody (DeKalb) to meet what I think you want in a house.

Old 05-27-2011, 06:58 PM

1,517 posts, read 6,736,756 times
I'm so sorry to bore you with my tiresome post. But honestly, you shouldn't respond to this (or any other vapid question) if you can't help or share thoughts in a constructive manner. I understand it's a personal decision. I've spent a lot of time on these boards and feel that the personal answers are what help the most and make this a personal experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWatson13 View Post
I tire of these "best" threads. There is no best, there are a bunch of good options and you need to find one that suits you.

I would even recommend staying in a hotel for a week or so in areas you are considering to get a true feeling for the area before you make a decision.

Old 05-27-2011, 07:40 PM

3,972 posts, read 12,655,174 times
I think I know what type of neighborhood you live in and I do think, in part, it is a challenge in those kinds of neighborhoods. I also think the price point of houses in your neighborhood lend other similar neighborhoods to have the same "character" and lack of family friendly feel as you sense now.

To really get that family feel, I think you need a neighborhood where most families are using the neighborhood schools and that becomes an extension of their community.

Dunwoody doesn't always seem as family friendly because their aren't kid centered businesses scattered about they way you find in other suburbs, perhaps?

Have you considered a move to P'tree Corners?

Old 05-27-2011, 07:53 PM

2,526 posts, read 3,003,512 times
Perhaps Peachtree City would work for you? It's all about kids - my toddler plays in the cul-de-sac with the neighborhood kids, she can walk to the lake and play there, the kids ride their bikes on the recreational paths, schools are excellent, etc...

Old 05-27-2011, 11:35 PM

876 posts, read 2,277,415 times
lastminutemom has a good idea: I also think parts of Peachtree Corners may be a good suggestion considering how close you already live in (Dunwoody).

What else you might like for your kids that you don't have already in your immediate area?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta