Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2011, 01:29 PM

12 posts, read 22,032 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyte3k View Post
I'll ignore your last sentence as it seems to be laced with bigotry. But, with Atlanta, there are no natural borders, so perhaps what today is midtown/downtown/buckhead will be unattainable by most, in say...50 years (assuming housing bounces back in full force, and Atlanta continues it's population growth of a few years ago), i wouldn't be surprised if places like Brookhaven and Chamblee are considered somewhat urban.

Outside the perimeter, I could care less for...Atlanta has too many suburbans that shouldn't have existed with the amount of space that was still available closer to the city. People are finally realizing that as they don't want to drive 50 minutes to work. Unfortunately, most can't sell their homes so they can't do anything about it yet.
Bigot? Nah, they don't bother me. I would care what happens OTP, as 90% of what is termed "Atlanta" lives there. I couldn't imagine very many good income earners considering a move to Atlanta unless they must. Poorer immigrants and transplants, well that's a different story, as this board provides some limited evidence to suggest.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2011, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oakhurstlauren View Post
What part of town would that be exactly?
The most expensive and exclusive, er, perhaps I should say was...

Old 05-31-2011, 01:41 PM

426 posts, read 2,317,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waronxmas View Post
Luckily for you there are tons of deals to be had for townhouses and condos all over Buckhead.
Agreed, you shouldn't have an issue then. I listed an example below. It's an updated 3 bedroom 2 bath condo in South Buckhead for $165,000. There are tons of deals to be had in great neighborhoods if you're not looking for SFH.

http://http://dorseyalston.com/propertyfinder/propertyDetails.php?Type=CND&prop_type=&id=4207577 (broken link)

Old 05-31-2011, 01:42 PM

426 posts, read 2,317,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flewza View Post
Bigot? Nah, they don't bother me. I would care what happens OTP, as 90% of what is termed "Atlanta" lives there. I couldn't imagine very many good income earners considering a move to Atlanta unless they must. Poorer immigrants and transplants, well that's a different story, as this board provides some limited evidence to suggest.
You have never been to Atlanta, have you??

Old 05-31-2011, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stvincent View Post
You have never been to Atlanta, have you??
Sure I have! All the money is in the ITP, with it's great schools, low crime, and walkable neighborhoods and effective safe transit. I'm sure folks flock here once the visit "underground" or the waffle house. Sophisticated living, let me tell you.

Sound right?

Old 05-31-2011, 01:50 PM

461 posts, read 1,065,880 times
Quote:
Sure I have! All the money is in the ITP, with it's great schools, low crime, and walkable neighborhoods and effective safe transit.

Sound right?
Actually yes for some neighborhoods it does sound right. Which neighborhoods OTP are actually walkable with great public transit? Just stop before you get flamed off the board. You have no idea what you are talking about.

Old 05-31-2011, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oakhurstlauren View Post
Actually yes for some neighborhoods it does sound right. Which neighborhoods OTP are actually walkable with great public transit? Just stop before you get flamed off the board. You have no idea what you are talking about.
Flamed? I think this is common knowledge. When I say walkable, I don't mean that there's a sidewalk.

Do you live in an Atlanta "hood" with low crime, and good (public) schools? If so you must be paying 3k plus. By good, I don't mean Kirkwood or east Atlanta. That only fools the out of town young people.

Old 05-31-2011, 01:56 PM

8,469 posts, read 14,922,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
Like I said, I'm not interested in condos so that just leaves townhouses. I've been looking and found a number that I liked, but nothing in my price range, and certainly not as good as some of the stuff I've found just OTP by Cumberland or Dunwoody.
Ah, well there is a price differential with townhouses in Buckhead mainly due to the amount of new construction that took place in the last 10 years and the overly inflated prices of many of them prior to the Great Recession. I've seen tons of townhouses that have dropped from 40 to 50% in price from just a few years ago. Don't let that bother you too much because that is more a reflection of prices coming down to reality rather than an indication any particular neighborhood is in decline.

Lenox road would be a good place to start.

Old 05-31-2011, 01:57 PM

8,469 posts, read 14,922,050 times
Quote:
Flamed? I think this is common knowledge. When I say walkable, I don't mean that there's a sidewalk.
What would they walk on then and what do you mean?

Old 05-31-2011, 02:00 PM

461 posts, read 1,065,880 times
Quote:

Do you live in an Atlanta "hood" with low crime, and good (public) schools? If so you must be paying 3k plus. By good, I don't mean Kirkwood or east Atlanta. That only fools the out of town young people.
Yes actually I do, and if you had any notion of intown neighborhoods you wouldn't have to ask since it's in my username. Again, please enlighten us as to where these magical walkable areas are OTP that have wonderful public transit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta