Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2011, 05:42 PM

2,685 posts, read 6,421,605 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhemi View Post
The REAL crime is them breaking federal laws coming here.
They dont pay taxes, get healthcare, education, and god only knows other perks.

How do I handle the situation last winter when an illegal hit my truck. No insurance(thats a crime), no licence(thats a crime), fake ID from NC(thats a crime), and I cant sue them because they are undocumented. THEY ARE NOT ACCOUNTABLE FOR THEIR ACTIONS!!! Yes, they are just like all of us legals.

There is a process to get in. Do it. I know I get in trouble if I break laws, hell, lets see what happens when I dont file my taxes. I bet I dont get off as easy.

We need to stop enabling the illegals. What the do is a slap in the face to every immigrant that came here legally.

I know Ive never broke a federal law by crossing a border and tax evasion.
Ok, points taken. However, ask yourself this: Are they alone?

Who sold them the truck, that rearended you? (Did they buy it at some Mexican dealership?)

Some American dealership sold it to them.

Who owns and leases the house and apt to these illegals?

Not another Mexican, I'm sure. Ask the companies that survive and thrive because these Mexicans are paying their rents on time. They're not on Section 8. They bust their backs for their families. We all know that.

I dont see anyone complaining when they go to Publix/Kroger/Walmart or local mom and pop stores, to stimulate the local economy.

I dont see anyone complaining when we get our apples, peaches and onions @ cheap prices. I dont see that same crisis of conscience when we're wolfing down our steamed veggies and steak, in the comfort of our homes that these guys broke their backs to pick up.

I'm not for illegal immigration. I'm against the hypocrisy with our policies. I get what you're saying. But what seems to resonate is that we get mad at them, when it's convenient for us to do so. We ignore their presence here day after day, but want to complain when it's on the news (basically because we're reminded).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2011, 06:10 PM

1,242 posts, read 3,478,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterNY View Post
Ok, points taken. However, ask yourself this: Are they alone?

Who sold them the truck, that rearended you? (Did they buy it at some Mexican dealership?)

Some American dealership sold it to them.

Who owns and leases the house and apt to these illegals?

Not another Mexican, I'm sure. Ask the companies that survive and thrive because these Mexicans are paying their rents on time. They're not on Section 8. They bust their backs for their families. We all know that.

I dont see anyone complaining when they go to Publix/Kroger/Walmart or local mom and pop stores, to stimulate the local economy.

I dont see anyone complaining when we get our apples, peaches and onions @ cheap prices. I dont see that same crisis of conscience when we're wolfing down our steamed veggies and steak, in the comfort of our homes that these guys broke their backs to pick up.

I'm not for illegal immigration. I'm against the hypocrisy with our policies. I get what you're saying. But what seems to resonate is that we get mad at them, when it's convenient for us to do so. We ignore their presence here day after day, but want to complain when it's on the news (basically because we're reminded).
I know they get stuff from americans, and thats why we need to stop enabling them. Thats where parts of the new law(thats on hold) will help.

I will be the first to admit that many of the illegals are very hard working. Its a trait that most americans once had, but have lost. Thats a different issue in itself. Why work hard when the government will support ya

Now the illegals are starting to get more comfortable here. They have been for some time too. Look how scared they got when they knew they may get caught. They know they are in the wrong.

I know many illegals pay and file taxes. Now, some may be paying only because they are using a fake or different ssn. Great that they are paying taxes, but shame for the laws being broke.

The farming industry is only a small portion. They have really brought down the construction industry, food industry, and auto mechanic industry. Their willingness to work for slave wages makes hiring them a huge incentive for smaller businesses.

In the construction and auto industry, a lot of businesses suffered because a undocumented mechanic or carpenter can work with very very little overhead. They dont need to have insurance or be licensed, or bonded because they cant. They dont have nearly as much to lose.

I know if I mess up here in the USA, I dont have another county to fall to.

My position on the who issue pretty much comes down to americans need to start taking care of americans first. Illegal immigrants interfere with this.

Old 06-27-2011, 06:16 PM
Box

382 posts, read 661,080 times
Quote:
I know they get stuff from americans, and thats why we need to stop enabling them. Thats where parts of the new law(thats on hold) will help.

I will be the first to admit that many of the illegals are very hard working. Its a trait that most americans once had, but have lost. Thats a different issue in itself. Why work hard when the government will support ya

Now the illegals are starting to get more comfortable here. They have been for some time too. Look how scared they got when they knew they may get caught. They know they are in the wrong.

I know many illegals pay and file taxes. Now, some may be paying only because they are using a fake or different ssn. Great that they are paying taxes, but shame for the laws being broke.

The farming industry is only a small portion. They have really brought down the construction industry, food industry, and auto mechanic industry. Their willingness to work for slave wages makes hiring them a huge incentive for smaller businesses.

In the construction and auto industry, a lot of businesses suffered because a undocumented mechanic or carpenter can work with very very little overhead. They dont need to have insurance or be licensed, or bonded because they cant. They dont have nearly as much to lose.

I know if I mess up here in the USA, I dont have another county to fall to.

My position on the who issue pretty much comes down to americans need to start taking care of americans first. Illegal immigrants interfere with this.
Stupid law breaking illegal immigrant children!

Old 06-27-2011, 06:25 PM

1,446 posts, read 3,550,574 times
Although blackhemi doesn't know it, he brings up a good point.

A****ole businesses pay them slave wages to work and probably stiff them on paying them too.

But, the other part is, if they were legal, they would ask for nearly the same wages every legal citizen asks for.

Why not have them try to legally immigrate?

Old 06-27-2011, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Box View Post
Stupid law breaking illegal immigrant children!

There are consequences for breaking laws. They are aware of before coming here. If they are not, then ignorance to the law is no excuse!

The illegal that made [a choice] to come here and create a family must accept that its their poor choice and that the US should not be burdened by that!

I guess ill stop paying taxes for a while, get caught, and claim that it will break my family up when I go to prison to get out of it.

Just out of curiosity, why do you want a non citizen to be exempt from so many laws? Laws that you could lose everything you worked for if you broke and they would just get a slap on the wrist?

Old 06-27-2011, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Java378 View Post
Although blackhemi doesn't know it, he brings up a good point.

A****ole businesses pay them slave wages to work.

But, the other part is, if they were legal, they would ask for nearly the same wages every legal citizen asks for.

Why not have them try to legally immigrate?
Im all for a immigration reform. Instead of deporting, Id like to see some expedited processes. Start getting them in the system, temporary work visas, tax ID's and let the games begin.

Old 06-27-2011, 06:30 PM
Box

Quote:
There are consequences for breaking laws. They are aware of before coming here. If they are not, then ignorance to the law is no excuse!

The illegal that made [a choice] to come here and create a family must accept that its their poor choice and that the US should not be burdened by that!

I guess ill stop paying taxes for a while, get caught, and claim that it will break my family up when I go to prison to get out of it.

Just out of curiosity, why do you want a non citizen to be exempt from so many laws? Laws that you could lose everything you worked for if you broke and they would just get a slap on the wrist?
Why do we give cubans amnesty for reaching Florida again?

Old 06-27-2011, 06:33 PM

1,446 posts, read 3,550,574 times
Quote:
Why do we give cubans amnesty for reaching Florida again?

Why don't Haitians get the same Amnesty?

Old 06-27-2011, 06:34 PM
Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by Java378 View Post
Why don't Haitians get the same Amnesty?
Exactly my point. The current immigration policy that is in place is all sorts of screwed up. Whats the point of having laws if the law isn't fair and consistent?

Old 06-27-2011, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Exactly my point. The current immigration policy that is in place is all sorts of screwed up. Whats the point of having laws if the law isn't fair and consistent?
Yes, immigration policies are very screwed up. Its more screwed up when the states are starting to take more drastic measures because the fed's are not. One step at a time to start making it a more uniform process.

In time, the laws may become more fair and consistent. In the mean time, we cant be ignoring them.

I know about dozen illegals here in GA. I know a few that just moved to GA and had a job within a week. As our unemployment is climbing, there are jobs that are being stripped away from people that can actually use them.

This is where the businesses need to be held accountable. They take advantage of these workers. They know they can get away with breaking labor laws from illegals because they wont turn them in or they dont even know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta