Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-01-2011, 07:05 PM

2 posts, read 2,543 times

Advertisements

Hi all

I am currently getting ready for a move from Suburban NJ, working in NY to our office in Duluth and was wondering where to start. We've been here for 3 yrs moving from the UK and like our current neighbourhood with blocks of with tree lined streets and an easy walk to school for our second grader and to the downtown area for a bite to eat, library and park etc..

So while I have seen around Duluth which seems very nice, it doesn't seem like this at all, is there anywhere that is. Other idea's that come to mind woud be to live up by Buford near the reservoir so open to idea's and still could be sold to living on a new sudivision with all it's facitities.

Public Schools and pre-schools as always a priority

Budget for renting up to $2000, for a family house

Would like to keep commute down to 45 minutes Max.

I hope that's not too big a remit for advice. pls help me get focused.

Many thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2011, 08:22 PM

1,262 posts, read 2,968,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjca2011 View Post
Hi all

I am currently getting ready for a move from Suburban NJ, working in NY to our office in Duluth and was wondering where to start. We've been here for 3 yrs moving from the UK and like our current neighbourhood with blocks of with tree lined streets and an easy walk to school for our second grader and to the downtown area for a bite to eat, library and park etc..

So while I have seen around Duluth which seems very nice, it doesn't seem like this at all, is there anywhere that is. Other idea's that come to mind woud be to live up by Buford near the reservoir so open to idea's and still could be sold to living on a new sudivision with all it's facitities.

Public Schools and pre-schools as always a priority

Budget for renting up to $2000, for a family house

Would like to keep commute down to 45 minutes Max.

I hope that's not too big a remit for advice. pls help me get focused.

Many thanks
I would try either Norcross or Suwanee. Both have great downtown areas. However, with Norcross, the preferred area is on the north side of Buford Highway. Also something to consider are the areas of Parkview High School in Lilburn and Brookwood High School in Lawrenceville/Lilburn. There are many beautiful tree lined neighborhoods and no apartments so it tends to be very safe and stable. I hope this helps!

Old 06-08-2011, 07:49 PM

2 posts, read 2,543 times
Thanks for the tips. any other areas recommended maybe further afield? Can anyone recommend a good realtor to help find a rental property? Thanks

Old 06-08-2011, 08:28 PM

876 posts, read 2,273,830 times
North Fulton (Alpharetta and Johns Creek) are very close to Duluth and an ideal area for a family like yours. Good public schools and decent day care. You could go more northward to Cumming (Forsyth County), a somewhat similar area but less populated.

The drive would be under 30-45 each way in minute assuming a worse case scenario of a commute during rush hour. Just note that rush hour is rough in that area of the metro around Duluth: so with that in mind, I would try to look close to Duluth.

Old 06-08-2011, 10:43 PM

2,791 posts, read 10,791,444 times
Look into Suwanee. It probably isn't like the area in NJ where you live, but it's a really nice town for a family. It's an easy commute to Duluth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta