Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-06-2007, 08:26 AM

7 posts, read 25,535 times

Advertisements

Could someone please give me some information on finding a 2 or 3 bedroom rental in the Norcross area bet. $1,000 - $1,200 per month, we are looking for a quiet area with low crime within the Norcross High School zone.

Thanks in advance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2007, 03:01 PM

878 posts, read 2,736,393 times
Norcross, Apartment and Safe are not possible...the news daily is rampant with crimes in Norcross. I would strongly suggest if you HAVE to live in that school district that you get good advice about particular areas...be careful

Old 08-06-2007, 03:15 PM

7 posts, read 25,535 times
WOW.... glad I asked - Thank you
But the school is pretty good I was told, my daughter wants to attend the IB Program, guess I would have to find a better area thats closer and deal with the commute.
Thanks again.

Old 08-07-2007, 03:38 PM

8 posts, read 33,048 times
What kind of area is it? I might be working there, if I get an offer... Is it industrial / Commercial or just bad area. If you can compare to other cities such as LA/ etc what comes close to it? I would like to know what I am getting into...

Thanks.

Old 08-07-2007, 03:51 PM

985 posts, read 5,756,737 times
Not all Norcross is bad. The area close to I-85 is called Gwinnet village is bad area (google Gwinnett village cid), but West Norcross, Historic Norcross are very nice. Technology park is in nice area as well. Apartments in Norcross are in bad shape. May want to rent a house or townhouse instead. Norcross high is in very nice area and it has only IB program in Gwinnett county.

Last edited by jxu66; 08-07-2007 at 04:24 PM..

Old 08-07-2007, 04:53 PM

561 posts, read 780,531 times
I would avoid the 30093 portion of Norcross like the plague. I work in this area and the Illegals make me wish I was an ICE agent.

Old 08-08-2007, 07:40 PM

53 posts, read 285,350 times
I live in the 30092 area and find it not that bad (but the apartments are a bit in bad shape I have to admit, look closely when leasing). I got a police report from Gwinnett County Police before signing and it looked good. Also, Norcross Police told me this is one of the best places to live in Norcross. It's in the Jones Mill / Peachtree Corners area. Lots of apartment communities.

Old 08-09-2007, 04:04 PM

11 posts, read 74,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dens View Post
Norcross, Apartment and Safe are not possible...
Very true. But, not all area are bad...historic Norcross is nice.I personally would not live in Norcross because of the heavy hispanic population...

Old 08-28-2007, 11:11 PM

14 posts, read 57,537 times
I have lived in Peachtree Corners (western Norcross) since 1983 (except 1996-2003 in Suwanee) and do now. I cant think of a better place. Close to interstates (285 & 85), shopping (The Forum), restaurants (all kinds), great churches and great schools. Peachtree and Simpson Elem, Pickneyville MS and Norcross HS. My two kids went to Norcross High and they are doing great at college. New indoor county swim facility opening up on PIB soon and the Y just expanded. All my rentals are full but there is a nice house down the street on Jay Bird Alley.

Old 09-16-2007, 11:58 AM

8 posts, read 33,048 times
Default Thanks

I will avoid the area. I must admit, based from my experiences, I have noticed that anywhere there is a large concentration of Hispanics there is always problem and quality is lowest. I should not say this but I know cause I am Hispanic but I do not follow culture. I was born and raised here is the greatest country this side of the galaxy and I know that the Hispanic culture is filled with flaws and un-intelligent rationing ... Sorry to come across as a bigot but simply my observations and experiences.. I avoid Hispanics areas. Thank you all for the heads up on that. Personally, I like very mixed areas. I don't have racial problems or identity issues. I just like to have a variety of people around me. Too much of anything is bad... If anyone has suggestions let me know. Oh and please don't be emotional when responding. I am sure some of you might be igi enought to turn this into a bitching session, DON'T! I love melting pots give me a chance to expand my knowledge...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta