Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2011, 02:37 PM

199 posts, read 178,865 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by captaincatfish View Post
You go right ahead and start busting caps in people, Mr Armchair Bada**...I'M sick of people swelling up and acting bad and yammering on about 'I'm gonna get my ******* gun, and blow somebody's (fill in the body part) off...yessir!'

What happens when you start a-blastin', and accidentally hurt or kill an innocent bystander, or family member?

Or if, in court, the jury decides that you may have violated a state law or 'castle doctrine' about to what level you can defend yourself and your home, or if it was determined that you acted in rage and not in reason, and 'blew somebody's balls off', and YOU get sent to the joint for a stretch?

And before anyone gets up in arms, hell no, I am NOT defending the freaking criminals...just not wanting to have anyone feel like they're living in Dodge City...

Prisons and prison time are NOT reactionary...'they need hot lead in them!'---what the heck are you thinking? Everything ain't solved by grabbing a pistol or throwing a beatdown on somebody...
Sounds like law needs to stop defending scum and actually be on the side on people sick of living in fear. Prisons don't prevent crime, but caps do.

Old 06-20-2011, 02:48 PM

23,463 posts, read 44,090,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyimetro View Post
well of course there was some chopping & editing in what was put out at first. Do you agree with the unedited comments?
Yes. I have no problem with potential victims using firearms against predators. Bon Voyage.

Old 06-20-2011, 02:59 PM

32,026 posts, read 36,788,671 times
I say we call in Col. Nathan R. Jessep.

Old 06-20-2011, 03:14 PM

5,185 posts, read 7,567,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobgob View Post
Sounds like law needs to stop defending scum and actually be on the side on people sick of living in fear. Prisons don't prevent crime, but caps do.
I dont think you have enough bullets. Did you know a woman can get more food stamp money just buy having more kids. So you can just keep having kids no matter how many fathers & the government may these women more money. Are you sure you have enough amo? Just saying.

Old 06-20-2011, 03:59 PM

2,240 posts, read 5,859,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinDecatur View Post
Yes. I have no problem with potential victims using firearms against predators. Bon Voyage.
Yes, I'd like to ask those talking about the Wild West, etc... how they feel about this story:

Duluth, Ga. Woman Shoots, Kills Home Intruder (http://www.myfoxatlanta.com/dpp/news/local_news/Person-Shot-in-Gwinnett-Burglary-20110511-am-sd - broken link)

I've got no problem whatsoever with what she did. Do you (not LovinDecatur, but those objecting to the use of force in self-defense against predators)?

Old 06-20-2011, 04:23 PM

3,573 posts, read 5,309,880 times
That doesn't mean that the non-violent offenders should be thrown under the bus as well. For every Kai Franklin and Tremayne Graham, there is a black male version of Bill Clinton and Indiana Governor Mitch Daniels who uses marijuana recreationally without harm to another human being socially, physically, and financially.

Did I mention that Guvna Daniels was caught by the police with 2 shoe boxes full of the Mary Jane as a college student?

Daniels talks past drug use, arrest – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

Imagine if a black male equivalent of Daniels in today's world was caught with the same amount of drugs?

This leads to my next point:

Why is it that Europe has found a way to deal with this segment of the population who simply uses drugs for recreation without throwing them under the jail, but this so-called "advanced western industrial nation" of ours wants to use the "guillotine" approach like it's the dark ages or something? Especially when it comes to the weaker minorities in this society?

Just some info for y'all to chew on, although I'm pretty sure that it will be ignored in a typical fashion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Java378 View Post
The people who do these crimes tend to overlap.

Kai Franklin/Tremayne Graham/BMF, Google it.

Old 06-20-2011, 04:47 PM

18 posts, read 37,412 times
The reality is very few "normal" people can look down the barrel and pull the trigger in a tense situation, let alone recover fully from the aftermath. What will happen is the average people will simply leave the area, as is occurring now in Atlanta and large parts of it's metro.

Talk is cheap, holding a weapon in a life and death moment at the QT is not something 99% of people could or should handle. Again, it just shows how low the quality of life in Atlanta is becoming.

Old 06-20-2011, 05:14 PM

324 posts, read 877,433 times
Police officers won't make an area safer, ARMED citizens will.

It is a fact that crime is reduced in areas where good lawful citizens are commonly armed.

Old 06-20-2011, 05:16 PM
Box

382 posts, read 661,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyiMetro View Post
I cant give you anymore rep point, but the reality of it is many blacks do Cheer for & make excuses for black criminals. We have a few black members here who even do it. Theyll tell you "you are a black man who sees yourself though the white mans eyes" just because you live right & dont want to be affiliated with low life blacks. I feel what you mean though.
You may be confusing "cheering on" with empathy for a lot of these bone headed criminals.

Old 06-20-2011, 05:28 PM

257 posts, read 470,179 times
What Boortz is advocating is not vigilantism or whatever some people would like to call it. He is advocating people lawfully defending themselves. Justified self defense is in the Georgia Code.

Listen, I carry my gun, and I hope I never have to use it, but I will if I need to. You can spend all the money you want on police officers, but the reality is that the cops usually show up after you're dead. They'll mop up the blood, but they're not so good at protecting people usually. It's just the way the system works.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta