Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2011, 12:18 PM

3 posts, read 7,706 times

Advertisements

We want to move our son to daycare starting in September. Any suggestions/advice on where we should be looking.

Also any information/feedback on Infants of Dunwoody would be appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2011, 01:39 PM

1,123 posts, read 6,515,057 times
We checked them all out and settled on Primrose. It was a really nice facility and we have since been very impressed with the school. Infants of Dunwoody sort of alarmed us because there was no lock on the door and we literally walked all the way back through the facility looking for someone, passing many classes. I just didn't get a good vibe. Dunwoody Academy is supposed to be the best, but there is sort of an indefinite waiting list...I actually put our name on it 8 months before our child was to start somewhere and never heard back. They actually told me that they will call a handfull of people at the top of the list and whoever gets there first gets the spot! Realistically, if your child is due to start in September you may be out of luck for all three....at Primrose our waiting time was 8 months. There is the other place, Kindercare I think, that would still have slots likely, but it sort of seemed a step down in quality to me personally.

Old 06-28-2011, 02:43 PM

1,145 posts, read 4,190,933 times
Spacelord- how did waiting list work at Primrose (or in general)? Say they call you to offer a spot, and you haven't had the baby yet, or you are still in the maternity leave period. Do you just get sent back to the bottom of the list?

Old 06-28-2011, 02:51 PM

1,123 posts, read 6,515,057 times
For Primrose, we just went there for a tour/info gathering way in advance, like my wife was 3 months pregnant (we had been warned about waitlists). They gave us some options I recall of when we could start and we picked a time that would have been when our baby was around 10 weeks old....they were pretty flexible on exactly which week we started, as long as it was in the general period. At the time of this meeting we paid our deposit/application fee and were good to go until she started, so didn't have to worry about it anymore.

Old 06-28-2011, 03:12 PM

426 posts, read 1,439,972 times
@ Go Blue 99 - Most centers will require you to pay to hold the spot until your baby is ready, or you go to the bottom of the list.

@auux - I have friends with kids at New Generations (affiliated with St. Joe's Hospital, but will accept non-employee children), the Dunwoody Christian Academy, and the child development center on the Northside Hospital Campus (I do not know the name, but they sometimes have space for non-employee children). They rave about all three.

Old 07-08-2011, 10:11 AM

3 posts, read 7,706 times
Thank you all for your advice.

@ Spacelord - We actually did get a spot at Primrose when our little one was 3 months old, but at that time we made a decision to keep him home with a nanny. Now he is 7 months and ready to go to daycare so we are going back to the drawing board. We did reapply at Primrose but they do not have a spot for the next 6 months

@go blue 99 - typically you give them an approximate data for when you need the spot (I did due date plus maternity leave) , then update when the baby arrives, that way they know when your baby will be joining them

@ gumboula - thanks for the vote of confidence for New Generations, that is another place we are looking at

Old 07-08-2011, 02:56 PM

454 posts, read 817,343 times
We have two kids at Dunwoody Christian Academy (DCA). Very happy with them as long as I don't look at the bill

Old 07-09-2011, 01:18 PM

75 posts, read 118,216 times
Well here in Prince Georges my apartment has a daycare. Does anyone know if there are apartments in Castleberry with daycare built inside?

~Markesha

Old 07-10-2011, 09:55 PM

205 posts, read 690,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by auux View Post
We want to move our son to daycare starting in September. Any suggestions/advice on where we should be looking.

Also any information/feedback on Infants of Dunwoody would be appreciated.
I don't know where in Dunwoody you will be living or where you will be commuting to for work, but there is also a Primrose located in Norcross which is right next door to Dunwoody. You could check out their availability and start there and move to the Dunwoody location when space opened up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: