Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2011, 03:38 PM

444 posts, read 699,994 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Box View Post
Because he doesn't wanna have to be around working class black people when he goes into the city?
I'm glad you called him on it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2011, 03:47 PM

1,498 posts, read 3,093,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by son-house View Post
This is an oddly-specific goal.

Why?
Asians have the highest income levels out of all racial groups in the U.S. Many of them pay cash for the homes that they buy. This makes them perfect candidates for those empty Midtown and Buckhead condos. They also have the highest educational attainment, making Asians, as a group, disproportionately middle class. An infusion of middle class residents is exactly what places like Kirkwood and other gentrifying intown neighborhoods need to reach the next level.

Last edited by BringBackCobain; 07-22-2011 at 04:06 PM..

Old 07-22-2011, 03:53 PM

13,709 posts, read 21,772,096 times
Why would anybody pay for Comcast internet and NOT get the digital cable package bundled with it?!?! The discount pays for itself ...

Old 07-22-2011, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Box View Post
Because he doesn't wanna have to be around working class black people when he goes into the city?
Aw, boo-hoo! We are always the victim, and everyone is out to get us. Come on everyone, we are having a pity party for us persecuted black people! Even in a thread about Asians, the focus is on us and our plight!

It's both pathetic and presumptuous for you to twist my stated desire for more educated and wealthy people to move to Atlanta into an aversion of black people. I am not going to let you try and twist every comment I (or others made by those loathsome white people) into a triade against black people.

Old 07-22-2011, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYbyWAYofGA View Post
I'm glad you called him on it.
To be honest, I had thought you to be more intelligent than this. Obviously I was wrong, but I am glad I now know not to take anything you say seriously. Welcome to my sh*t list.

Old 07-22-2011, 04:08 PM
Box

382 posts, read 658,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BringBackCobain View Post
Aw, boo-hoo! We are always the victim, and everyone is out to get us. Come on everyone, we are having a pity party for us persecuted black people! Even in a thread about Asians, the focus is on us and our plight!

It's both pathetic and presumptuous for you to twist my stated desire for more educated and wealthy people to move to Atlanta into an aversion of black people. I am not going to let you try and twist every comment I (or others made by those loathsome white people) into a triade against black people.
Uh-huh. Then what's up for you wanting neighborhoods to gentrify, as opposed to solely filling vacant properties in Atlanta with wealthy people?

Old 07-22-2011, 04:09 PM

504 posts, read 1,538,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpanda View Post
.. just have a question how i can get the 2 Atlanta korean channels. I have comcast internet and tried an antenna for my TV but i was only able to get 5-6 channels which was a bummer. Is there any way i can get these 2 Korean channels without subscribing to Comcast Cable?

Thanks.
Hi mrpanda,

Hmm, that's odd that you don't get the two Korean channels over the air. The wife and I cut our cable out about 3 months ago and switch to only antenna (albeit it's one that's built to pick up HD channels - RCA) and Internet tv. She was pleasantly surprised that we get those two. We have to move the antenna around to get different channels, but it works. We're in Chamblee. You might try this site out to see what channels your most likely to pick up.

AntennaWeb

Hopefully it works for you.

Old 07-22-2011, 04:55 PM

957 posts, read 3,342,407 times
I live in the Johns Creek area.. i think we are too far away from the city to get a good reception via antenna. My only choice maybe to get Comcast TV to get the two Korean channels.

Anyways.. it is really cool to know that Atlanta has two Korean channels. What channels are they?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjuraud View Post
Hi mrpanda,

Hmm, that's odd that you don't get the two Korean channels over the air. The wife and I cut our cable out about 3 months ago and switch to only antenna (albeit it's one that's built to pick up HD channels - RCA) and Internet tv. She was pleasantly surprised that we get those two. We have to move the antenna around to get different channels, but it works. We're in Chamblee. You might try this site out to see what channels your most likely to pick up.

AntennaWeb

Hopefully it works for you.

Old 07-22-2011, 05:20 PM

31,993 posts, read 36,507,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpanda View Post
I dunno... it appears that most Asians & Koreans here in Atlanta would rather live in Suwanee, JC, and Duluth, over south downtown.
I know quite a number of Asian families living in Buckhead.

Old 07-22-2011, 07:14 PM

4,819 posts, read 6,043,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BringBackCobain View Post

I’m going to try to help you out with this one listen I‘m not coming at you, it’s not bad that you want the city to become more diverse, I would like more Asians and etc to move to city as well. But in numerous threads you stated in some form that you want blacks to leave or stop coming to the city, also everything that relate to anything to do with blacks you call ghetto. This is more of a credibility issue, you don’t want the city to become more diverse, you just want the city to become less black, that’s kind of the rep you have. For instance if you were truly a diversity advocate you would be ok for Muslim Asians to come, Again I would like more Asians to come now how about you? Also I thought you was against the Mecca thing?

Last did you realize you just straw man educated and wealthy as Asians, black as averse to educated and wealth?, then made it seem as if you’re a victim, and posters can‘t tell the difference between “loathsome” whites with racists of any color? If I was you and someone call me out like that I would simply explain what I meant, because you didn’t saying anything wrong at that point, you just said it would be cool to have south downtown as a Korean town I was actually agreeing with you, but then you came backs with blacks are averse to educated and wealth. Which means the presumption of that posters was right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta