Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-23-2011, 02:01 PM
 
Location: Midwest
77 posts, read 198,878 times
Reputation: 90

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpanda View Post
Just like how Koreans are little different from the ones that live in LA, NYC, and Atlanta, I find that to be true with the blacks in Atlanta. The blacks I've run into in Atlanta seem to be very conservative, family oriented, church going faithful christians, friendly, and wholesome. Did i mention that the Atlanta blacks I've run into are very friendly.

They are not like the Snoop Dogg Dr. Dre gangster blacks with big guns when I think of the blacks that live in LA or NYC.

I hope I don't get called out or shot at for making this observation since I moved here.

You can't be serious with the "gangster blacks with guns" statement. I could make the same kind of racist remark about "Gangster Asians" in the Twin Cities, California and Houston, but I READ and have an OPEN MIND. I also see that you have an antipathy towards Blacks. NEWSFLASH: YOU JUST MOVED TO ONE OF THE BLACKEST METROS IN THE NATION. What did you expect, Seoul? Or perhaps Los Angeles? It would be like an African American such as myself moving to Portland, Oregon and flipping out because I saw so many Whites around. DUH!! That's what sites like CD, the Census Bureau, etc. are here for.

Umm, there's 800,000 blacks in metro L.A. and around 3,000,000 in the New York City area. That's a lot of bullets flying around. (tongue-in-cheek) Family-oriented, hard working blacks are everywhere in the United States, and it's not a newsflash if people would get their heads out of their you-know-whats and open their minds. The more things change, the more they stay the same...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-23-2011, 03:22 PM
 
Location: Triangle, North Carolina
2,819 posts, read 10,366,158 times
Reputation: 1518
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalie Brown View Post
For all of east Asia or just Korea? For Asian culture in America, there are a handful of cities I'd put before Atlanta, and for Koreans, Dallas is definitely right up there with it.

Does Atlanta even have a Koreatown in its city center?
Not in city center, but Exit 104 off of I-85 Pleasant Hill Road north is considered Koreatown.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-23-2011, 04:02 PM
 
156 posts, read 431,894 times
Reputation: 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeaky2012 View Post
You can't be serious with the "gangster blacks with guns" statement. I could make the same kind of racist remark about "Gangster Asians" in the Twin Cities, California and Houston, but I READ and have an OPEN MIND. I also see that you have an antipathy towards Blacks. NEWSFLASH: YOU JUST MOVED TO ONE OF THE BLACKEST METROS IN THE NATION. What did you expect, Seoul? Or perhaps Los Angeles? It would be like an African American such as myself moving to Portland, Oregon and flipping out because I saw so many Whites around. DUH!! That's what sites like CD, the Census Bureau, etc. are here for.

Umm, there's 800,000 blacks in metro L.A. and around 3,000,000 in the New York City area. That's a lot of bullets flying around. (tongue-in-cheek) Family-oriented, hard working blacks are everywhere in the United States, and it's not a newsflash if people would get their heads out of their you-know-whats and open their minds. The more things change, the more they stay the same...
Well if you did move to Portland at least you'd be safer than in Atlanta. Portland is the 7th safest big city (>500k). Atlanta is ranked 5th for HIGHEST crime. These are the 2010-2011 rankings from CQ. Who's worse than Atlanta? Detroit, Baltimore, Memphis, and DC. What do they all have in common?

Atlanta is 54 percent black and 38 percent white, yet according to Atlanta Police Department Uniform Crime Reports for January 2011 to March 2011, blacks account for 100 percent of the homicides; 88 percent of the rapes; 91.6 percent of the robberies; 92.8 percent of aggravated assaults; and 93 percent of burglaries.

Most blacks are hard working good people, but statistics certainly support the stereotypes. There's a reason Oprah opened her education facility in South Africa and not the US.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-23-2011, 06:37 PM
 
864 posts, read 1,117,644 times
Reputation: 355
Quote:
Originally Posted by mceis View Post
Well if you did move to Portland at least you'd be safer than in Atlanta. Portland is the 7th safest big city (>500k). Atlanta is ranked 5th for HIGHEST crime. These are the 2010-2011 rankings from CQ. Who's worse than Atlanta? Detroit, Baltimore, Memphis, and DC. What do they all have in common?

Atlanta is 54 percent black and 38 percent white, yet according to Atlanta Police Department Uniform Crime Reports for January 2011 to March 2011, blacks account for 100 percent of the homicides; 88 percent of the rapes; 91.6 percent of the robberies; 92.8 percent of aggravated assaults; and 93 percent of burglaries.

Most blacks are hard working good people, but statistics certainly support the stereotypes. There's a reason Oprah opened her education facility in South Africa and not the US.
Yeah, blacks are more likely to commit crimes. It must be genetic or a result of the bell curve. The statistics don't lie. It only makes sense when you meet them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-23-2011, 07:10 PM
 
4,819 posts, read 6,043,297 times
Reputation: 4600
Quote:
Originally Posted by mceis View Post
Well if you did move to Portland at least you'd be safer than in Atlanta. Portland is the 7th safest big city (>500k). Atlanta is ranked 5th for HIGHEST crime. These are the 2010-2011 rankings from CQ. Who's worse than Atlanta? Detroit, Baltimore, Memphis, and DC. What do they all have in common?

Atlanta is 54 percent black and 38 percent white, yet according to Atlanta Police Department Uniform Crime Reports for January 2011 to March 2011, blacks account for 100 percent of the homicides; 88 percent of the rapes; 91.6 percent of the robberies; 92.8 percent of aggravated assaults; and 93 percent of burglaries.

Most blacks are hard working good people, but statistics certainly support the stereotypes. There's a reason Oprah opened her education facility in South Africa and not the US.
First off Atlanta is ranked 20th something in crime rate
2nd off cities like Salt lake city are actually worse than Atlanta

3rd the bold is a contradiction. if most blacks are hard working as you say, whats the point of stating who commit crimes? would it make a difference? If most or lets say all the people who commit crimes were black it still won't have nothing to do with black people. There's a difference between most criminals happen to be black from most blacks being criminals.

Statistics certainly support the stereotypes? Stereotypes happen in the first place because of the Hasty generalization fallacy? Reaching an inductive generalization based on insufficient evidence. It commonly involves basing a broad conclusion upon the statistics of a survey of a small group that fails to sufficiently represent the whole population. Good job.

I get a kick of people who try to argue something pointless, Again there's a difference between most criminals happen to be black from most blacks being criminals. If 100% of criminal were black it still will be pointless to state.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-24-2011, 12:14 PM
 
Location: Midwest
77 posts, read 198,878 times
Reputation: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiatldal View Post
First off Atlanta is ranked 20th something in crime rate
2nd off cities like Salt lake city are actually worse than Atlanta

3rd the bold is a contradiction. if most blacks are hard working as you say, whats the point of stating who commit crimes? would it make a difference? If most or lets say all the people who commit crimes were black it still won't have nothing to do with black people. There's a difference between most criminals happen to be black from most blacks being criminals.

Statistics certainly support the stereotypes? Stereotypes happen in the first place because of the Hasty generalization fallacy? Reaching an inductive generalization based on insufficient evidence. It commonly involves basing a broad conclusion upon the statistics of a survey of a small group that fails to sufficiently represent the whole population. Good job.

I get a kick of people who try to argue something pointless, Again there's a difference between most criminals happen to be black from most blacks being criminals. If 100% of criminal were black it still will be pointless to state.
Albert Einstein stated it best:

"There are lies, damn lies, and STATISTICS."

(Poof)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-24-2011, 02:29 PM
 
1,666 posts, read 2,825,933 times
Reputation: 492
I could have sworn this thread is about koreans. Here we go again with the black white thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-24-2011, 04:18 PM
 
1,666 posts, read 2,825,933 times
Reputation: 492
Quote:
Originally Posted by mceis View Post
Well if you did move to Portland at least you'd be safer than in Atlanta. Portland is the 7th safest big city (>500k). Atlanta is ranked 5th for HIGHEST crime. These are the 2010-2011 rankings from CQ. Who's worse than Atlanta? Detroit, Baltimore, Memphis, and DC. What do they all have in common?

Atlanta is 54 percent black and 38 percent white, yet according to Atlanta Police Department Uniform Crime Reports for January 2011 to March 2011, blacks account for 100 percent of the homicides; 88 percent of the rapes; 91.6 percent of the robberies; 92.8 percent of aggravated assaults; and 93 percent of burglaries.

Most blacks are hard working good people, but statistics certainly support the stereotypes. There's a reason Oprah opened her education facility in South Africa and not the US.
Not suprising... higher rates of arrest and lack of proper legal counsel = so many blacks in jail... white legal affirmative action.

you will always associate us ( Blacks) with crime. Let's face it. A black man saving someone's life is not good news. A black man killing someone, well that's front page material. Not our fault the media only wishes to report one side of the story, when the truth is that you will find criminals in EVERY nationality.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-24-2011, 04:41 PM
 
Location: Ono Island, Orange Beach, AL
10,730 posts, read 13,261,500 times
Reputation: 7150
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandIke27 View Post
I could have sworn this thread is about koreans. Here we go again with the black white thing.
It seems inevitable, like it's in the water or something?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-24-2011, 07:13 PM
 
Location: Midwest
77 posts, read 198,878 times
Reputation: 90
I was just correcting the stereotype. It's not a crime to correct BS about my people. Now, back to originally scheduled programming.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:58 PM.

¬© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top