Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-20-2008, 09:53 PM

77 posts, read 209,016 times

Advertisements

rural, diverse, good family city,low crime?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2009, 12:48 PM

46 posts, read 221,109 times
Default Recent Purchase

Loganville seems like a great area. It is very diverse and the schools are good. I am trying to purchase a house down there so as soon as i move i will be able to give more details but it seems great.

Old 04-20-2011, 07:03 AM

2 posts, read 16,131 times
anyone out there can give me some advice on the areas like conyers, loganville, sneville, basically i want to be within 10 miles of the rockdale hospital. please e-mail at [email]lila_vaskas@yahoo.com[/email]
i ve a 5 yr old and 17 yr old. i ve never been to ga but is looking to buy a newer home/ what zip codes should i be in. what areas should i be avoiding. i am quiet, hard working, clean, and good people. any info will be greatly appreciated.

Old 06-19-2011, 01:41 PM

10 posts, read 35,514 times
Loganville is not he place for young single people, this is only a place for old farts waiting to passed time. The city is not rural it is urban and more drugs in the city than NY.

Old 06-20-2011, 02:29 PM

388 posts, read 1,125,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmony200 View Post
Loganville seems like a great area. It is very diverse and the schools are good. I am trying to purchase a house down there so as soon as i move i will be able to give more details but it seems great.

Very diverse? You call rednecks diverse?

The schools suck.

Loganville is straight up a redneck dump filled with franchised businesses and cheap tract housing.

You now the town is a dump when the nicest thing there is the new KFC.

Old 06-20-2011, 02:32 PM

388 posts, read 1,125,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buco View Post
Loganville is not he place for young single people, this is only a place for old farts waiting to passed time. The city is not rural it is urban and more drugs in the city than NY.
Have youy ever been there?

Loganville "urban"? LMFAO! Try sururban/rural mix.

The do have a significant drug culture amongest the rednecks though. Plenty of methheads/tweakers.

Loganville in the next Monroe.

Old 06-21-2011, 06:48 AM

738 posts, read 1,377,358 times
I have a friend who lives in Loganville. It's quiet, rural and affordable, but there isn't a lot to do. There is nothing urban about Loganville.

Crimewise, it's about the same as any rural southern town - the combination of crystal meth, boredom and low income is not a happy one.

Old 06-21-2011, 07:16 AM

847 posts, read 1,457,447 times
The catch here is that you are talking about two different worlds if you are talking about Loganville proper (Walton County with a very small portion in Gwinnett) and those who simply have Loganville mailing addresses. There is a portion of unincorporated Gwinnett with Loganville addresses. These neighborhoods are zoned for Grayson, Archer, and South Gwinnett. South Gwinnett is declining, but Grayson and Archer are definitely not bad schools. No offense intended, but the area in question looks and feels nothing like most of what you see when you cross the Walton border.

My wife and I are in unincorporated Gwinnett with a Loganville address (zoned for Archer). We usually go to Snellville, Grayson, or Lawrenceville for most stuff even though Loganville is closer. It is amazing how one can drive for a few minutes and see things change dramatically.

Old 06-21-2011, 04:52 PM

1,242 posts, read 3,479,226 times
Kind of an old thread, but ill write

I live in Loganville, (walton county)but the unincorporated portion. Im southeast of Hwy 81 and 78. I personally love it here. Our kids go to youth elementary and youth middle. Both kids are getting straight a's, very engaged in school and sports.

There is your fair share of rednecks in this area. As far as drug activity, seems about average. I dont think its any worse then most areas around here. Its not like people are pushin meth as you drive around.

Snellville or Athens is where we tend to go if we want to go out, dining, fun, etc. We prefer Athens or even Bethelhem just to avoid traffic and crowds.

I would highly recommend anyone coming out here first and checking it out. Its far from a bad place.

Old 09-12-2011, 06:30 PM

15 posts, read 30,920 times
Thanks for the info blackhemi i am a 27 year old married african american woman not racest at all with two kids looking to move some where nice in loganville next month..matter of fact we are moving to alexander crossing townhome...low crime rate is all im looking for so my kids can be safe...im from houston tx and need help and safe areas in ga for my kids along with good schools....thanks if any body can help!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta