Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-22-2011, 04:03 PM

4,230 posts, read 10,448,212 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bornjacksonian View Post
I actually kind of agree with his statement. Atlanta can be classified as a super metro even though Memphis city population is greater than Atls. In terms of the Metro area population, Atlanta is ranged as one of the top 10. Table of United States Metropolitan Statistical Areas - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
I was talking about him saying that Atlanta dominiates the Jackson area. Not it being a super metro.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2011, 04:04 PM

580 posts, read 1,416,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post
let me ask you this. If you need to leave where you live to find something that must be found in a bigger metro, where do you go?

when I think of pull I think of people living in an area without international flights, consulates, etc etc. Like If I am living in Oxfordshire in England I would go to London for these things.

Where do people in Jackson go for these things or simply to get away, go to new bars etc. Do a lot of people really need to go as far as ATL?
Right!! When you need just a quick getaway in less than 3 hrs (just visiting) than that pool can be split amongst New Orleans and Memphis. But in terms of relocating for job opportunities ... the cities I mentioned before are the choice locations.

Old 08-22-2011, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestbankNOLA View Post
I was talking about him saying that Atlanta dominiates the Jackson area. Not it being a super metro.
Oh ok .... sorry lol

Old 08-22-2011, 04:08 PM

18,495 posts, read 32,811,640 times
Quote:
I'm sorry, but you're wrong. I lived there temporarily and I can definitely say that you're wrong. I don't care what select group you may have asked. The Atlanta/Texas pull is split even and so is the Memphis/N.O. sway.
don't be silly. The ATL pull exteds way past the pacific to ASIA. That is why ATL is getting so many Asians. The suction from the pull just sucks them right in

Old 08-22-2011, 04:09 PM

Quote:
You did a study.... Jacksonian and I lived there. Take it or leave it.
#next
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stars&StripesForever View Post
Amongst major metros, N. Mississippi--> Memphis
Central & S. Mississippi--> New Orleans

Amongst very large metros --> N. Mississippi --> St. Louis
Central Mississippi & NE Mississippi--> Atlanta
South Mississippi --> Houston
N. Mississippi - St. Louis

Old 08-22-2011, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post
don't be silly. The ATL pull exteds way past the pacific to ASIA. That is why ATL is getting so many Asians. The suction from the pull just sucks them right in
Actually Westbank was talking about Jackson, MS!!

16,505 posts, read 26,141,315 times
Quote:
I'm sorry, but you're wrong. I lived there temporarily and I can definitely say that you're wrong. I don't care what select group you may have asked. The Atlanta/Texas pull is split even and so is the Memphis/N.O. sway.
Spending time in Mississippi, their hip-hop can reflect Houstons very much so, and of course Memphis and Atlanta. I'd tend to agree with you, here.

Quote:
Right!! When you need just a quick getaway in less than 3 hrs (just visiting) than that pool can be split amongst New Orleans and Memphis. But in terms of relocating for job opportunities ... the cities I mentioned before are the choice locations.
gotcha.

for a minute there I thought if you had to take a poo you had to ring someone up in ATL and ask for toilet paper

Old 08-22-2011, 04:12 PM

4,230 posts, read 10,448,212 times
Htown chill. JTFO

Old 08-22-2011, 04:13 PM

Quote:
N. Mississippi - St. Louis
I am still confused about that one too.
Quote:
Actually Westbank was talking about Jackson, MS!!
I know that
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta