Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2012, 12:23 PM

17,432 posts, read 65,668,405 times

Advertisements

Your new Georgia License Plate...

Is the biggest disappointment (I mean, it SUX), once again politicians show their not so creative side.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2012, 12:41 PM

950 posts, read 3,181,187 times
Glad that the state of Georgia have decided to give us choices to which one we want to buy.

Okay, the links didn't work, but if you go to http://motor.etax.dor.ga.gov/motor/p...tesamples.aspx , scroll down and click on Standard and Standard Alternate to see the samples.

Old 05-17-2012, 01:23 PM

425 posts, read 1,751,448 times
standard alternate or vanity, the city gives me no choice other than those two. The new plate reminds me of Kentucky's and Ohio's. Name me one car that goes with the new plate. Please keep it classy like the California classic and Delaware's

Old 05-17-2012, 07:37 PM

3,656 posts, read 3,908,932 times
Georgia's standard alternate looks fine. Whew! Now I don't care anymore about this travesty.

Old 05-17-2012, 07:40 PM

3,656 posts, read 3,908,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrgpill View Post
standard alternate or vanity, the city gives me no choice other than those two. The new plate reminds me of Kentucky's and Ohio's. Name me one car that goes with the new plate. Please keep it classy like the California classic and Delaware's
Delaware's mini plate is awesome:

Old 05-17-2012, 09:29 PM

858 posts, read 1,380,469 times
Wow, any plate that's that effeminate has to subtract at least 10 HP. I've seen 8-year-old girls draw manlier things with glitter paint.

Tennessee's new graphical plates are great. Georgia should take notes.

(I'll still take it over Florida's c**k and b**ls design)

Old 05-17-2012, 11:27 PM

4,582 posts, read 8,933,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcsteiner View Post
Why is it important to update things just because they're old? Sometimes a good design is timeless.
I'm not so sure I agree with you completely.

I thought the NC plates were nicely designed the first time I saw them. After decades of seeing the same plate, though, I started to wonder when they would refresh their tags.

Especially after so many other states (which states HAVEN'T updated their plates since '80?) refreshed their plates. The design has aged a bit.

Old 05-18-2012, 06:23 AM

7,887 posts, read 17,136,721 times
I don't mind the new alternative plate (basic white/black with the peach) but the county name is in a font that is very small and difficult to read (I saw one in traffic). I wish they would eliminate it entirely. Why do we need a county name? If you're a god truster, then they let you slide on the county name, so it can't be too big of a deal.

The standard plate with the peach field vista is just too busy and not to my liking. I'm a basic guy and a license plate is only meant to identify your vehicle, so I prefer basic.

Old 05-18-2012, 08:20 AM

847 posts, read 1,451,714 times
The new plate looks better in person that it did on the internet, but it is still too busy. Oddly enough, the alternate plate is more subtle, but looks like crap in person compared to the previous white plates.

I agree with neil0311 that the font on the county name is too small. I also agree that if they let folks get away with not having the county on their plate (In God We Trust stickers, Special Interest Plates, etc.), then they need to eliminate the county name altogether. Some people say that it is for law enforcement purposes, but that is eliminated when folks get Wildlife plates or other plates to disguise where their car is registered at first glance.

Old 05-18-2012, 08:41 AM

7,887 posts, read 17,136,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big L View Post
Some people say that it is for law enforcement purposes.
Not sure what law enforcement purpose it serves. Most other states don't include the county names and they don't have issues. To me, not having a front plate is a much more real and bigger law enforcement issue, yet states like GA continue to use one plate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta