Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2007, 03:19 PM

110 posts, read 438,737 times

Advertisements

when you see the word differently, things around you will change. so long you see atlanta as a hole things in your life will be bad.

Atlanta is a great city. It is all what you make out of it. For some people it will be heaven and for some hell. it is always like that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2007, 03:25 PM

371 posts, read 1,555,199 times
Different places mean different things to different people.

Old 08-26-2007, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britishintown View Post
Different places mean different things to different people.
Often people blame cities because they are not successful, than it is easy to blame Atlanta or New York, but the truth is they are to take a blame for not beeing able to be successful in those cities.

My sister in living in Charlotte, NC and when she moved there she loved, but now that her business is not doing well, she blame people cause they are cheap, she thinks they have no taste etc... But the fact she has to blame herself cause she is not doing a right thing.

People start trashing Atlanta like Atlanta is bad for their life disaster. Please give me a break. That is very inmature. If you do not like Atlanta you need to look around yourself and find what is wrong in your life and not in Atlanta.

believe me if you complain in Atlanta you will be complaining in NJ, LA or NYC. Your attitude moves with you wherever you are.

Old 08-26-2007, 03:46 PM

371 posts, read 1,555,199 times
I'm moving to Atlanta because it offers nearly everything I could ask for, I like the city lifestyle, the good racial integration in the centre of town, a great technology infrastructure, sports facilities etc....

I am looking forward to getting into baseball and meeting all sorts of new people, so far on my visits I have met with such great people and found a great town, sure there are bad areas but there always are, there is no utopia, but to me Atlanta is close enough.

Old 08-26-2007, 03:57 PM

yeah UK is not great also. everywhere u have problems in some way. welcome to ATL!

Old 08-28-2007, 02:19 PM

2 posts, read 4,123 times
I'm moving to Atl as well and I'm very excited to get back to the states! Great shopping, variety of food, sports, lots of friendly people, many universities, warmer weather, and geographical convenience for travel make it an ideal.

I've been living in Melbourne, Australia which was at one point voted the most liveable city in the world. Although I'll miss the cafes, I found this to be such an enigma, (especially since London was voted in the top 10 as well, hardly a liveable city...but it is fun!).

Atlanta is so liveable, and I feel it has so much to offer if you can get past being bitter about what it doesn't have. Don't be so quick to take it for granted! Face it, it's damn affordable in Atlanta! After being in Oz I find the houses in Atlanta to be the most luxuriously spacious homes! Hah! The housing in Melbourne is extremely dilapidated and depressing, and there is a massive shortage, which means unless you're Bill Gates, you can't afford anything decent. Your crap hole equivalent in Washington Park in ATL would cost you 800k in Oz and at least the place in Washington Park would have AC and heating. They actually auction off rentals in Oz, not to mention you have to wait in line with 50 people to inspect the place!

Most of my late-20's mates in Atlanta own homes, but I find it sad how most of the friends I have in Oz only think of home ownership as a pipe dream. I've never met so many people over 30 who live at home with their parents!

Atlanta has amazing and cheap food, for someone who loves spicy, asian, mexican, cajun, and southern foods! The shopping is amazing....although, I'm happy enough if I've got a Loehman's, TJmaxx and Marshall's! :P

One of the big things I don't particularly like about Atlanta, aside from the traffic (I've come near death about 4 times) is that it isn't coastal, but on a positive note, we don't get many hurricanes!

Old 08-28-2007, 04:49 PM

3 posts, read 22,068 times
I moved here 7 years ago from Michigan (glad I'm not trying to sell a house there now) and LOVE it here. People are so friendly...really. I have more friends here than I had living in Michigan most of my adult life and some of my childhood. I'm in real estate now and help people find the right spot for them all over Atlanta. It is different for everyone. There is not one best area- there is one best area for each person(s). BTW- you may want to rent around West Village instead of right there to avoid higher costs. There are some great deals out there to buy right now too. We are even looking at moving. When have you been able to get a better deal on a house than now?? All the best to you in your move...

Old 08-30-2007, 12:41 PM

35 posts, read 117,767 times
Atlanta is WHACK! Lived there are 3.5 years....moved from NY. You'll see the difference.

Old 08-31-2007, 07:42 AM

9,191 posts, read 33,878,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by candis View Post
Atlanta is WHACK! Lived there are 3.5 years.....
Is "Whack" good or bad this week? What is "lived there are 3.5 years" ?

Old 08-31-2007, 07:46 AM

9,191 posts, read 33,878,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMiami View Post
yeah UK is not great also.
Oh now come on, LoveMiami, here you go talking about positive thinking and you say the UK isn't that great. Everywhere is great with enough positive thinking and if you make it great.... right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta