Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2011, 07:17 PM

262 posts, read 637,401 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighthouse66 View Post
sorry, that isn't the apartments i was talking about. i never mentioned memorial drive, this is on columbia, and its called forest hills.
Sorry, I do know those but I didn't realize they had been recently abandoned. I think of Blue Sky as abutting Midway Woods so I thought you may have passed them walking through the neighborhood. Since we're on the subject, did Blue Sky ever get razed?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2011, 10:07 AM

1,881 posts, read 3,351,973 times
that's strange, you would think that there would be something on the news about it, i mean, that many residents displaced, you would think someone would have made a fuss. i haven't heard anything about those blue sky apartments, rereading the article, that's a mess of a situation....

Old 09-06-2011, 02:59 PM

32,019 posts, read 36,773,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nighthouse66 View Post
anyway, my point is, i walked down columbia nearly to clarendon and memorial, and found these massive abandoned apartment buildings. there were it seemed a dozen brick apartment buildings, all sitting empty. i believe they are called forest hills? its near forest hills, anyway. i turned around and walked back through midway woods back to oakhurst. compared to the other little hoods i have walked through, midway gave the creeps. i am probably insane, but whats the history of that place? and what's with those abandoned buildings? I have googled to no avail.
I lived over there for a little while about 60 years ago and they were just your standard garden apartments of that era. Not bad at all, as I recall. There used to be a nice little golf course across the street called Forrest Hills.

Old 12-01-2011, 09:08 AM

83 posts, read 83,813 times
Default Belvedere Park

Speaking of Belvedere Park. Is there a Listserve or Yahoo Groups for that area? BTW I live in Midway Woods and yes it is a great area. We're close to everything in Decatur, but without the taxes of City of Decatur.

Old 12-01-2011, 09:27 AM

504 posts, read 1,545,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HausZweiHomes View Post
Speaking of Belvedere Park. Is there a Listserve or Yahoo Groups for that area? BTW I live in Midway Woods and yes it is a great area. We're close to everything in Decatur, but without the taxes of City of Decatur.
There's a FaceBook page that is somewhat frequently posted to for Belvedere Park. There use to be a webpage for the neighborhood, but I think it's been dead for a while. I'm not sure about Yahoo and Listserve though. Yep, I like Midway too!

Old 11-12-2012, 02:59 PM

1 posts, read 1,229 times
If someone could send me a physical address i may know someone that would
Purchase it and rehabilitate it. My email is mike_zimm73@hotmail.com

Old 11-12-2012, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike666 View Post
If someone could send me a physical address i may know someone that would
Purchase it and rehabilitate it. My email is mike_zimm73@hotmail.com
Roughly on the corner of Forrest Blvd and South Columbia Drive. Use Google Street View to get an idea of what it looks like.

https://www.google.com/maps?q=forres...,32.14,,0,9.34

Old 03-08-2013, 06:08 AM

16 posts, read 23,721 times
By the way, those apartments were recently taken down. A new, senior living development will be built in its place. Still, the Blue Sky Apartments on Memorial are empty, ugly and remain a creepy eyesore.

Old 03-08-2013, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatup View Post
By the way, those apartments were recently taken down. A new, senior living development will be built in its place. Still, the Blue Sky Apartments on Memorial are empty, ugly and remain a creepy eyesore.
Great! Thanks for the info.

Old 04-10-2016, 02:11 PM

1 posts, read 659 times
Default eviction-throwing out personal possessions by sheriff/marshals

I have just experienced my friend, who has been fighting for her house due to an wrongful foreclosure in Decatur, GA. I could say alot about the fraudulent robo signing assignments and the undisclosed companies that buy the paper of a mortgage at hugh discounts that foreclose and evict hard working homeowners. This lady owned this property for about 25 years, she built the home and work seven days a week as a nurse and paid faithfully a mortgage until she got sick. She sought bankruptcy protection which did not help her because the attorney filed for a lift of the stay by GMAC mortgage who was also in bankruptcy. But when she tried to take action to sue them to stop GMAC.... they promptly let her know that they were in bankruptcy and she could not sue them... but it did not work for her.

While still in the midst of lawsuits for the fraudulent assignments..... They foreclosed and sold the property to group investors. Who had this lady evicted by throwing her things in the street. They destroyed as much as they could and physically threw the things out on to the lawn. THIS NEEDS TO STOP.

IN the state of new york - they used to do this. But the people stopped this part of the eviction process. If a person is evicted the landlord must hire movers that put the personal items into storage for one month. After that it is the tenant's problem. GEORGIA ..........STOP ALLOWING THIS MOVERS TO THROW THINGS IN THE STREET.... HOW DEVASTATING THIS IS!!!

WHAT CAN WE DO IN GEORGIA?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta