U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 09-02-2011, 12:04 PM
 
6 posts, read 10,288 times
Reputation: 11

Advertisements

Marietta, Kennesaw, Acworth, Powder Springs, Hiram, Dallas, others -
what area has the lowest crime rate?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-02-2011, 12:59 PM
 
2,495 posts, read 4,190,122 times
Reputation: 1910
They all have their higher and lower crime areas. I don't think there is a major difference between any of them. On average the suburbs of Atlanta are all pretty consistent with suburbs of similar size metro areas.

If you find specific neighborhoods that you are interested in then let us know and we can comment more specifically
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-02-2011, 03:33 PM
 
Location: Southeast, where else?
3,914 posts, read 4,678,137 times
Reputation: 5820
Quote:
Originally Posted by cottonconley View Post
Marietta, Kennesaw, Acworth, Powder Springs, Hiram, Dallas, others -
what area has the lowest crime rate?

Yo Cotton Club....here ya' go...

Kennesaw, East/Upper Cherokee, Forsyth, Milton, Crapapple, Alpharetta East, North, John's Creek and upper Suwanee? GOALLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!! The women aren't getting beat up, kids not getting molested, and murders are very, very rare.....the worst thing you see in these areas is bus line riders breaking into cars.......overall, pretty safe.....Hiran, Dallas I'm sure are pretty good too. Like most major Metro's the further you go the safer you USUALLY (not always mind you) are. Atlanta is no exception ergo, all the commuting.

Goes down from there....check out crime map (enter city)

example: Atlanta, GA Crime Map - Showing Crimes in Atlanta - Crime Statistics, Alerts and Reports - Crime Stops Here

for fun, click on the link for Atlanta above....and watch the city light up like the 4th of July with crime stats....make sure you filter on a full year......interesting comparisons...all that BS about how safe Atlanta is getting is right up there with how much better Ford, GM and Dodge are nowadays.....every year they keep promising the change and 5 years later you have poor ratings from Edmunds.com about the American model you bought way back when....don't buy it....it's realtor speak for moving condo's and homes....you are moving in the right direction....


And no, they are NOT all the same......Marietta has a "blend" of old and new....the newer, the better......downtown Marietta and south??? Not so much...and for another treat, look up 30066 in Marietta on Sex Offender.com and tell me why they are all near the square? Hey, just spitballing here but ALL suburban areas are NOT created equal....roam that fine site for your potential neighborhood and you will see what I mean....

Our slogan in the burbs? Arrive alive......

The city? Shoot Straight, shoot often
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-03-2011, 12:08 PM
 
6 posts, read 10,288 times
Reputation: 11
Default Surburbs

Thanks so much. I appreciate your candor!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-03-2011, 02:15 PM
 
Location: Decatur
461 posts, read 979,495 times
Reputation: 253
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caleb Longstreet View Post
Yo Cotton Club....here ya' go...

Kennesaw, East/Upper Cherokee, Forsyth, Milton, Crapapple, Alpharetta East, North, John's Creek and upper Suwanee? GOALLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!! The women aren't getting beat up, kids not getting molested, and murders are very, very rare.....the worst thing you see in these areas is bus line riders breaking into cars.......overall, pretty safe.....Hiran, Dallas I'm sure are pretty good too. Like most major Metro's the further you go the safer you USUALLY (not always mind you) are. Atlanta is no exception ergo, all the commuting.

Goes down from there....check out crime map (enter city)

example: Atlanta, GA Crime Map - Showing Crimes in Atlanta - Crime Statistics, Alerts and Reports - Crime Stops Here

for fun, click on the link for Atlanta above....and watch the city light up like the 4th of July with crime stats....make sure you filter on a full year......interesting comparisons...all that BS about how safe Atlanta is getting is right up there with how much better Ford, GM and Dodge are nowadays.....every year they keep promising the change and 5 years later you have poor ratings from Edmunds.com about the American model you bought way back when....don't buy it....it's realtor speak for moving condo's and homes....you are moving in the right direction....


And no, they are NOT all the same......Marietta has a "blend" of old and new....the newer, the better......downtown Marietta and south??? Not so much...and for another treat, look up 30066 in Marietta on Sex Offender.com and tell me why they are all near the square? Hey, just spitballing here but ALL suburban areas are NOT created equal....roam that fine site for your potential neighborhood and you will see what I mean....

Our slogan in the burbs? Arrive alive......

The city? Shoot Straight, shoot often
This is a bunch of dribble, did you even notice that the ONLY precinct reporting for you crime stat website is the city? WTF? Click on Clayton county, there's apparently NO crime there according to your site. Very reliable.
Shoot in the city? Spare me. The only crime in the burbs is because of Marta riders? You really are living in your own fantasy world.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-07-2011, 10:16 AM
 
Location: Southeast, where else?
3,914 posts, read 4,678,137 times
Reputation: 5820
Quote:
Originally Posted by oakhurstlauren View Post
This is a bunch of dribble, did you even notice that the ONLY precinct reporting for you crime stat website is the city? WTF? Click on Clayton county, there's apparently NO crime there according to your site. Very reliable.
Shoot in the city? Spare me. The only crime in the burbs is because of Marta riders? You really are living in your own fantasy world.

No sense of humor....I get that... .and no, the crime isn't from just Marta riders but there is sure a lot of vehicle smash and grabs at Northpoint Mall and Mid-town....hmmmmmmmmmm...........clayton county doesn't report the same stats in the same format...google around.....check the OTHER sites......regardless, filter down the....oh I dunno.....the murder and violent crimes only and 3 distinct areas of "opportunity" appear.......4 blocks around Grady......radial area around 5 points station and the West End specifically 30310, 30318 and others.....hey, it's Atlanta's stats....you tell me? I know I know, don't let the facts get in the way.....sigh......
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-16-2011, 05:05 PM
 
Location: Southeast, where else?
3,914 posts, read 4,678,137 times
Reputation: 5820
Quote:
Originally Posted by oakhurstlauren View Post
This is a bunch of dribble, did you even notice that the ONLY precinct reporting for you crime stat website is the city? WTF? Click on Clayton county, there's apparently NO crime there according to your site. Very reliable.
Shoot in the city? Spare me. The only crime in the burbs is because of Marta riders? You really are living in your own fantasy world.

Hey slick, maybe you didn't notice but the map was/is for ATLANTA......NOT CLAYTON....you might also note it doesn't cover Manhattan either.....learn to use the tools my friend...never mentioned the other areas and by the way, I didn't create it, the stats or the way in which to use it....

Start with crime stats for dummies.....work your way up from there.....
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:




Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top