Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2011, 10:09 PM

5 posts, read 45,281 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by northwinds View Post
Well now, certainly Ms. Mae Crow bled red at the end of her days. As for blacks being kicked out of Forsyth County in 1912, I certainly don't condone what happened.....but, I can understand why a certain segment of society would react that way when their wives and children are being preyed upon by another segment of society....happens everyday all over the world

Not only were the blacked kicked out but they were not allowed in Forsyth County for almost 75 years. Something tells me you are older and witness the county changed from being all whites.

I chuckle at your response on wives and children being PREYED on when it happened to blacks for decades. You continue to prove the double standards thinking of whites. LOL..PREYED like animals. Another segment of society...so you condone the thinking of blacks being different and not equal to white. Wow, Mr. Northwind, you are quite interesting!

Again, you said so little but said so much!
Your answer is short and sweet. Little said but lots taken. I expected more from you. I was actually looking forward to you answering my many questions as I did yours. Double standard?

I really would like the insight of why some whites think they way they do.

Old 09-02-2011, 10:13 PM

876 posts, read 2,270,681 times
Forsyth county is rather diverse these days ethnically. Maybe over 20% minority population? - The Klan was more active in the area probably 20 years ago, and many years earlier, they were active in Stone Mountain. Many people from Atlanta know the history, but for many newcomers this is all sad chapter of Georgian history from the distant past.

Are the Klan in Forsyth now? - don't know - but their influence waned many years ago everywhere.

My advice: visit the area to see what you think.

Old 09-02-2011, 10:37 PM

538 posts, read 923,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tangeray81 View Post
Not only were the blacked kicked out but they were not allowed in Forsyth County for almost 75 years. Something tells me you are older and witness the county changed from being all whites.

I chuckle at your response on wives and children being PREYED on when it happened to blacks for decades. You continue to prove the double standards thinking of whites. LOL..PREYED like animals. Another segment of society...so you condone the thinking of blacks being different and not equal to white. Wow, Mr. Northwind, you are quite interesting!

Again, you said so little but said so much!
Your answer is short and sweet. Little said but lots taken. I expected more from you. I was actually looking forward to you answering my many questions as I did yours. Double standard?

I really would like the insight of why some whites think they way they do.
Well now, when someone kidnaps another human being....beats their head in with a rock....rapes them repeatedly.....then goes and tells his friends to go rape her....and they do it!...yep, I consider that "animalistic" behaviour. You may consider it normal human behaviour....and that's your perogative. We just differ on this issue. That's just us "whites thinking the way we do".....

Old 09-02-2011, 11:02 PM

864 posts, read 1,119,090 times
Quote:
Well now, when someone kidnaps another human being....beats their head in with a rock....rapes them repeatedly.....then goes and tells his friends to go rape her....and they do it!...yep, I consider that "animalistic" behaviour. You may consider it normal human behaviour....and that's your perogative. We just differ on this issue. That's just us "whites thinking the way we do".....
Did all the blacks in the area do it or just a few? What about the rest of his response? I am quite curious also as to how all the blacks in the county raped this woman and were preying on people? Was it really all or even most of them in the whole county, since that tends to be the white stance and I just want to understand the mentality that white have also as to blame an entire race on the actions of few. Please explain this about the "non amish" segment of society? I really want to know.

Old 09-02-2011, 11:10 PM

864 posts, read 1,119,090 times
Weren't black slaves commonly raped by whites also? How does that make white people genetically better?

Old 09-03-2011, 08:50 AM

16,644 posts, read 29,343,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muxBuppie View Post
Weren't black slaves commonly raped by whites also? How does that make white people genetically better?
During slavery times as well as for the next 100 years until the mid-1960's (Jim Crow Era).

Old 09-03-2011, 08:59 AM

5,544 posts, read 8,279,071 times
this whole thread is going down hill. can we stop now?

Old 09-03-2011, 09:23 AM

2,390 posts, read 4,388,051 times
Dont do it lol

Old 09-03-2011, 09:27 AM
Box

382 posts, read 659,151 times
Quote:
Yeah because white communities never used black people as the scapegoat when a crime was committed, and then forced the accused that they were guilty through the use of or the threat of violence. See the scottsboro boys.

Old 09-03-2011, 09:36 AM

62 posts, read 262,985 times
Thanks for the history on the area.

If you knew very little about the area and were looking to move near Atlanta would you recommend Cumming or steer people away and research other suburbs.

Not sure if it matters but we are a white family.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta