Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2013, 06:30 PM

1 posts, read 1,220 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoFuzzyPony View Post
Why is everyone so enamored with Peachtree City? Is it really that great? What features make it so attractive? We are relocating to the Atlanta area and our realtor seems to promote it and my husband's co-workers all rave about it. Hmmm?
Not sure myself. We moved to PTC recently from the Johns Creek area North of the City and i miss it very much-but i am more of a city person. It is like a retirement home down here, from the slow driving, lack of shopping, old looking buildings, horrible uncared for landscaping, chain restaurants for the most part. If you like living in a "bubble" isolated -this is the place for you. Not sure how long i will be able to take this SLOW moving city. I miss the Northern suburbs! Alpharetta, Johns Creek, Duluth, Roswell, is where i would go!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2013, 07:54 PM

730 posts, read 827,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snug5 View Post
Not sure myself. We moved to PTC recently from the Johns Creek area North of the City and i miss it very much-but i am more of a city person. It is like a retirement home down here, from the slow driving, lack of shopping, old looking buildings, horrible uncared for landscaping, chain restaurants for the most part. If you like living in a "bubble" isolated -this is the place for you. Not sure how long i will be able to take this SLOW moving city. I miss the Northern suburbs! Alpharetta, Johns Creek, Duluth, Roswell, is where i would go!
So encouraging people to get out of their cars means it's a slow city? One of the benefits of living in a city like Peachtree City is that you can have a more active lifestyle in a suburban setting. I always seen a lot of people jogging, playing golf, playing tennis, etc. when I am there. I gather this is why it is also ranked so highly in those "best places to retire" rankings. Perhaps that's why it seems like a retirement home to you lol. But if enjoy the city, then why the hell would you choose any of those places!?! The north side seems worse to me b/c of the ****ing traffic. I'd never live up there. I want to use my car as little as possible.

I did a quick search for restaurants. if you are looking for something in particular, maybe you can review the list here. Peachtree City, GA Restaurants: See 120 restaurants with 1,167 reviews - TripAdvisor

Old 09-10-2013, 09:20 PM

16,701 posts, read 29,526,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady's Man View Post
So encouraging people to get out of their cars means it's a slow city? One of the benefits of living in a city like Peachtree City is that you can have a more active lifestyle in a suburban setting. I always seen a lot of people jogging, playing golf, playing tennis, etc. when I am there. I gather this is why it is also ranked so highly in those "best places to retire" rankings. Perhaps that's why it seems like a retirement home to you lol. But if enjoy the city, then why the hell would you choose any of those places!?! The north side seems worse to me b/c of the ****ing traffic. I'd never live up there. I want to use my car as little as possible.

I did a quick search for restaurants. if you are looking for something in particular, maybe you can review the list here. Peachtree City, GA Restaurants: See 120 restaurants with 1,167 reviews - TripAdvisor

Peachtree City is not just a place to "retire," it is consistently ranked high for one of the best places to live--particularly for families.

Most of Peachtree City is family-oriented...even though there is a significant retirement segment.

Old 09-10-2013, 10:18 PM

246 posts, read 374,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newsboy View Post
PTC really is a bubble --- an anomaly -- and nobody has a higher opinion of themselves than ... Peachtree Citians. It's a snobby little Peyton Place to be honest -- a "postcard perfect utopia" that in fact has a very real, sometimes ugly underbelly.
Agreed & I am a little surprised it took the end of 3 pages before this was even mentioned.

PTC is great on the surface & I am sure that a very large percentage of the population that is on the up & up, but there is a very sordid underside in PTC that is well known throughout Atlanta, but you would never tell from the surface.

Old 09-11-2013, 09:19 AM

5,242 posts, read 6,238,885 times
It certainly is a bubble, but come on. Every city has an underbelly, because it has people in it. Peachtree City is a relatively safe and wonderfully designed city. I really can't think of a city I have ever been to, and I have traveled a lot, that is designed better. This is coming from somebody who lived 10 miles outside of it throughout my childhood and young adult life.

Don't hate the bubble. It's not for everyone. But that should be obvious after spending 15 minutes there.

Old 09-11-2013, 09:27 AM

246 posts, read 374,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tikigod311 View Post
It certainly is a bubble, but come on. Every city has an underbelly, because it has people in it. Peachtree City is a relatively safe and wonderfully designed city. I really can't think of a city I have ever been to, and I have traveled a lot, that is designed better. This is coming from somebody who lived 10 miles outside of it throughout my childhood and young adult life.

Don't hate the bubble. It's not for everyone. But that should be obvious after spending 15 minutes there.
Not hating on it at all, but it's not all happy wives & apple pies 24/7 which is what most of this thread seems to be.

Old 09-11-2013, 01:02 PM

8,057 posts, read 12,860,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAWjr View Post
Not hating on it at all, but it's not all happy wives & apple pies 24/7 which is what most of this thread seems to be.
Read the whole thread through again (didn't notice it was old but I commented on it a year or so ago) and I don't see any Pollyanna posts, just people that appreciate it for what it is. The population is about 35k so around 0.7% of the metro area lives there. Yet this thread's title asks why EVERYBODY is enamored with PTC.

Long live hyperbole!

Old 09-13-2013, 01:32 AM

2 posts, read 3,171 times
That's true, I personally like this place and it deserves so much appreciation. I moved here 2 years back for the sake of job and now i am happily employed at Spyrel Inc. And as koko339 mentioned this place is good and safe for children, moreover you get piece-full environment.

Old 09-13-2013, 08:18 AM

32,026 posts, read 36,788,671 times
What's not to like about Peachtree City?

It may not have a 24 hour party district yet but it's still an awesome place to live.

Old 09-13-2013, 06:37 PM

11,334 posts, read 26,086,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
What's not to like about Peachtree City?

It may not have a 24 hour party district yet but it's still an awesome place to live.
Other than its location (too far away from a lot of the development in the metro), it's a really nice place from what I've heard, and the location will depend on an individual's situation and preferences.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta