U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-16-2011, 12:30 PM

1 posts, read 1,500 times

Advertisements

Hey everyone,

I'm planning on moving to the Atlanta area from South Florida in a few months (relocating for work) and I hope you guys can help me out with a few things .

The first thing I'd like to know is where is the best place to live for a white, 27-year old single woman in the city. I'm looking for a somewhere with lots of things to do close by (live music, art, bars, etc) and an area with a decent amount of people my age. I wouldn't mind living in a high rise. And as far as my budget goes, I'm pretty flexible although I wouldn't want to go over say 1200 a month.

I would like to be an area that's safe (or at least fairly safe). I'm going to be living alone and while I won't be dumb about it, I would like to feel ok in the area where I'm living.

Also, I'm going to be looking to meet new people and get involved... so if there are any big volunteer, professional or other types of organizations, I'd be very interested.

Thanks!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2011, 02:48 PM

1,320 posts, read 4,052,416 times
In what area of the city will you be working?

Old 09-16-2011, 04:36 PM

3,370 posts, read 5,209,276 times
Where you're working is important. Regardless, Midtown is probably the answer--safe, urban, hip. Unless you got a job in Gainesville or something.

Old 09-19-2011, 12:46 PM

85 posts, read 173,893 times
Come to midtown with the rest of us white, transplanted young professionals There is plenty of room in the high rise!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

>