Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2011, 01:32 PM

2 posts, read 3,350 times

Advertisements

First of all, I do believe in an eye for an eye. I'm not ashamed of it. When someone deliberately injures, murders, mistreats, abuses, etc...any human being, I truly believe that black hole of a soul should feel the same, and if perhaps it be a animal, child, elderly or a poor defenseless person like California's homeless gent, Thomas Kelly, then their consequences should be worse than that of their prey.

But, my reservations begin when the proof is not exact or absolute. If there is any doubt what so ever, there should not be judgment resulting in death or else we are as guilty as the person we judge. Bless this poor man if he is truly innocent, and damn those that exercise a right that no God has given them. Karma is real and `for every event that occurs, there will follow another event whose existence was caused by the first'......

As for your inconsiderate belittling of CollegeStudentAtl northwinds, during such a important discussion as this, I have to say that your actions give me cause to think you have the misfortune of being increasingly insecure with your own abilities, shame on you. You should apologize to him or her respectively. Here's hoping of course my spelling does not set back on your heels.

Stu

Old 09-21-2011, 01:50 PM

Location: where people are either too stupid to leave or too stuck to move
3,982 posts, read 6,687,625 times
two words: Casey Anthony

Old 09-21-2011, 03:30 PM

1,120 posts, read 2,591,610 times
I have little faith in the Georgia judicial system.

One time I received a jury duty notice in the mail. All fine and dandy? Well, not quite!

It's not quite so dandy when you live in X county and the jury duty notice you received in the mail is from another Georgia county. Sorry, I don't live in that county. Maybe I'll live in that county someday. But as of yet, I'm not a resident of that county.

Do you think the Georgia county that made an obvious blunder and mistake would own up to the jury duty notice mistake? Not a chance!

I don't know whether the judicial system here would own up to mistakes. Big ones or small ones.

Lately I've been receiving a number of jury duty notices. Another one did arrive last year. I haven't checked my mail today, so there may be another one.

At least the jury duty notice last year was from the Georgia county in which I reside. That was a nice touch. However my county failed to follow through with one procedural step. That was not a nice touch.

I do wonder if the jurors in the Troy Davis case live in the correct county. Normally, you wouldn't question or entertain such a thought. But we're talking about Georgia. Don't take anything for granted in this state.

I love Georgia but?

Old 09-21-2011, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stus_opinion View Post

First of all, I do believe in an eye for an eye. I'm not ashamed of it. When someone deliberately injures, murders, mistreats, abuses, etc...any human being

I agree with you. Crimes against humanity must receive severe punishment.

Some of the worst crimes in recorded history were perpetrated by German Nazis.

After the war ended, South America became a haven for quite a few German Nazis. Adolph Eichmann and Dr. Josef Mengele fled to Argentina and Brazil.

Luckily, Israeli agents were able to snatch Eichmann after he got off of a Buenos Aires bus and flew him back to Israel for a trial. He was eventually executed. Justice served!

Unfortunately, Mengele was was never caught.

Old 09-21-2011, 04:12 PM

32,024 posts, read 36,782,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zel Ya View Post
I have little faith in the Georgia judicial system.
It's not just Georgia. Eyewitness testimony is notoriously unreliable. Unfortunately it has led to a lot of innocent people being locked up. Check out the video below.

I'm always surprised when this is portrayed as some sort of "liberal" issue. Who wants to see the wrong guy locked up? How is that a conservative value? Locking up (or executing) the wrong person while letting the actual bad guy go free seems just the opposite of conservative to me.

The Innocence Project - Understand the Causes: Eyewitness Misidentification

Old 09-21-2011, 04:50 PM

28 posts, read 48,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northwinds View Post
Is it a requirement that you have to be a black defendant who killed a white person for the "anti-death penalty" crowd to take up your case? Just sayin'
I hate to admit it, but I have noticed the same thing. If Davis were white I doubt the NAACP or Sharpton would be involved, or any celebrities like Big Boi.

Old 09-21-2011, 04:52 PM

3,573 posts, read 5,309,239 times
You're my hero for this final hour, Arjay. But I guess in a couple of minutes this world will know how far we humans truly have come since the caveman days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
It's not just Georgia. Eyewitness testimony is notoriously unreliable. Unfortunately it has led to a lot of innocent people being locked up. Check out the video below.

I'm always surprised when this is portrayed as some sort of "liberal" issue. Who wants to see the wrong guy locked up? How is that a conservative value? Locking up (or executing) the wrong person while letting the actual bad guy go free seems just the opposite of conservative to me.

The Innocence Project - Understand the Causes: Eyewitness Misidentification

Old 09-21-2011, 04:57 PM

[quote=arjay57;20977504]

Eyewitness news? I don't think it is that reliable.

Lots of TV stations advertise their news as "Eyewitness News." I really don't know if they should be promoting their news as "Eyewitness." Is that such a plus?

Our country has been "Eyewitness" to the graft and fraud in the banking industry. Too many of these bankers are crooks and bad guys. I'd sure like to see them locked up for a long time.

Old 09-21-2011, 05:04 PM

5,706 posts, read 9,630,158 times
The justice system in this country is anything but blind. Courts are crooked. Cops are crooked. Prosecutors are crooked.

You can straighten out crooked if you have money.

I don't know much about this case except for the little I've read. Seven of the nine witnesses have retracted their eye-witness testimony. That's pretty compelling stuff.

Old 09-21-2011, 05:06 PM

4,586 posts, read 7,709,551 times
Folks are cheering in the background claiming the US Supreme Court has issued a stay but no one is sure at this moment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta