Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2011, 05:26 PM
Box

382 posts, read 661,201 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigers84 View Post
And being "very white" is a very bad thing, correct? Just curious: Is being "very black" or "very hispanic" good or bad?

This fear thing is mostly just an excuse. They arent really that scared. I bet they ride the subway in NYC. What they are mostly conveying when they express this "fear" is that they dont like being around this other culture that they find abhorrent and quite alien to their own. If they can avoid being around they will, thus the reluctance to ride Marta.
And then they'll ***** and moan about the price of gas and their commute from the far away isolated suburban community. *shrug*

Old 09-29-2011, 05:29 PM

714 posts, read 813,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atlantanative83 View Post
you should also report your attacks that are roundabout.......such as indirectly saying there are more blacks in prison......what does this have to do with the argument at hand? why bring something negative up ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownhornet View Post
Because he's one of the boards race trolls. It's all he ever does.
Recall the word "personal" before "attack". Focus on it, as its key when understanding the rules here.

How is bringing up a fact a negative or an attack on you? If you are going to claim that black culture is set to gain dominance in America, Im going to respond with a rebuttal, number one, and perhaps a darn good reason why that should NEVER happen if we want our country to continue its success in the future.

Brownhornet with the personal attack. Shocker!

Old 09-29-2011, 05:29 PM

136 posts, read 255,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
Seems like we're ignoring and/or invisiblizing a huge block of suburbanites in this discussion by assuming that they are all white.

The vast majority of blacks (probably close to 90%) in the ATL are also suburbanites.
good point arjay........but then again there is a divide ....i 20 seems to be the line that everyone says dont go south off......and the eastside is majority black as opposed to the northside being white........there is not as much opposition towards marta on these sides of town as the northside.

Old 09-29-2011, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpatlanta View Post
No surprise as it looks like he is the same type of person who probably says he was attacked if someone looked at him funny on the Marta
Congrats on joining the personal attack bandwagon!

How do you know what I look like? Hmmmmm

Old 09-29-2011, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Recall the word "personal" before "attack". Focus on it, as its key when understanding the rules here.

How is bringing up a fact a negative or an attack on you? If you are going to claim that black culture is set to gain dominance in America, Im going to respond with a rebuttal, number one, and perhaps a darn good reason why that should NEVER happen if we want our country to continue its success in the future.

Brownhornet with the personal attack. Shocker!
so why is white culture the guarantee of success in your book? this is again not a homogenous city nor is it a homogenous society. your views seem to be from the era of Strom Thurmond or George Wallace. Not befitting of these times. And just so u know......that wasnt an attack......an OPINION....

Old 09-29-2011, 05:35 PM

3,573 posts, read 5,308,673 times
Hehehehehehe

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpatlanta View Post
No surprise as it looks like he is the same type of person who probably says he was attacked if someone looked at him funny on the Marta

Old 09-29-2011, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlantanative83 View Post
what exactly do you mean the ones who are loved? so white kids who are not loved at home are in danger of becoming black as you say? Please elaborate your logic
I mean the ones that are raised in good families with proper parenting and discipline do not become rap blaring, falling down pants wearing, no account wannabe ghetto thugs. ZERO of the white kids I know from such families show preference for "black culture".

It all starts at home.

Old 09-29-2011, 05:36 PM

454 posts, read 821,216 times
Quote:
Congrats on joining the personal attack bandwagon!

How do you know what I look like? Hmmmmm
Try and deflect all you like but you have turned this thread from a discussion about Marta to something else.

As for personal attacks grow up.................

Old 09-29-2011, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidSnake View Post
Hehehehehehe
All I can tell you is years ago when a black burglar entered my home, univited in the middle of the night, he departed in haste when confronted with my screaming f bombs and 12 gauge pump. Take that for what you will.

Old 09-29-2011, 05:41 PM

Quote:
I mean the ones that are raised in good families with proper parenting and discipline do not become rap blaring, falling down pants wearing, no account wannabe ghetto thugs. ZERO of the white kids I know from such families show preference for "black culture".

It all starts at home.
That is one aspect of black culture....just like drinking PBR and wearing skinny jeans is ONE aspect of being a so called hipster.....just like hunting gear and nascar are apart of southern or rural white culture......do you oppose these cultures ? do you feel like the only way America can succeed is to paint over everything else that makes us unique and just everyone live as a WASP. COME ON. maybe you havent met any white kids in your endeavors that listen to rap but it is clearly hear to stay, just as rock and roll came in the 50s and such. Its just music, kids will always emulate the music to some degree. Im just a little concerned about your take on BLACK CULTURE. but lemme guess....your best friends are black. I take offense to that ........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta