Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2011, 11:17 AM

1,858 posts, read 3,550,852 times

Advertisements

i think it gets to hot in atlanta and the humidity is miserable You will catch a tan even if you dont want one. Im already dark skinned but it seems like I get blacker in the summer

And who wants ac all the time? I like opening my windows and feeling a nice breeze but you never feel that in the summer in atlanta unless a hurricane is approaching
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2011, 04:38 AM

91 posts, read 163,415 times
I love the mansions in ATL, you get so many of them all over the metro. The summer in ATL is nowhere near as brutal as the Florida summers but that doesnt mean to say that an ATL summer is tame.

Old 10-07-2011, 09:43 AM

45 posts, read 109,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DONNIEANDDONNA417 View Post
i think it gets to hot in atlanta and the humidity is miserable You will catch a tan even if you dont want one. Im already dark skinned but it seems like I get blacker in the summer

And who wants ac all the time? I like opening my windows and feeling a nice breeze but you never feel that in the summer in atlanta unless a hurricane is approaching
lol how do the winters treat you?

Old 10-07-2011, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by illdeezy View Post
I love the mansions in ATL, you get so many of them all over the metro. The summer in ATL is nowhere near as brutal as the Florida summers but that doesnt mean to say that an ATL summer is tame.
exactly how long do they stay uncomfortably hot?

Old 10-07-2011, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcsteiner View Post
I don't think it's that hot and humid here, but the summer lasts from the end of May until the beginning of September. It'll be anywhere from the upper 80's to the mid 90's most of the time with lows in the mid to upper 70's.
if it only lasts for four months then that is perfectly fine because you can leave town on holiday

Old 10-07-2011, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonygeorgia View Post
Unless u r homeless or u work outside the heat isn't really that big of a deal. That is the reason they made ac
don't you enjoy being outdoors in summer after being indoors all winter and spring?

Old 10-07-2011, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caleb Longstreet View Post
Think it is humid here? Try Naples/Ft Myers, Houston, or my favorite, New Orleans....the town where you can watch the buildings sweat... In fact they don't bury, they have guests. They bury the dead in temporary crypts as the body will decompose quite quickly in that heat and humidity. They have to bury them above ground...go down six feet and you will probably hit water.

A year later the space goes to the next guest....Atlanta and humidity? Travel a bit, this ain't nothin'.....
are you joking about the burials in New Orleans being above ground? I have to check that out

Old 10-07-2011, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdawk View Post
It's not that bad to me, and I live up north until about 10 years ago. The heat and humidity was just as bad up there - though it was at it's worst in July and August. Here it would include about 1 more month as others have mentioned.

It's all relative. Where are you from?
I'm from Calgary in western Canada where there is no humidity, infact we could use alittle humidity here because it's very dry

Old 10-07-2011, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamos View Post
I don't think it's particularly hot or humid here. It's all relative to where you are moving from, though.

July and August seemed hottest but I don't think I ever felt miserable.
I'm moving Calgary in western Canada where there is no humidity

Old 10-07-2011, 10:06 AM

1,858 posts, read 3,550,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evans4you View Post
lol how do the winters treat you?
i love the winters here in atlanta you never know what you are going to get

see how we got all the snow last christmas? That did not happen for decades. I love wearing winter gear too...cute little scarfs, gloves, and hats...and and not to mention to die for boots
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: